• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojoba

its okay.. i guess its new way of support. carry on
I support Arsenal. And I don’t play mental gymnastics trying to over compensate towards any given player. This is the problem that has gotten us in such a joke states as a club. We are meant to just cheer certain players just because their superfans get emotional when criticised.
I am not used to that kind of fanboyism. I call it as I see it, and the situation we are in backs me.
I am used to the normal order of title winning mentality. Players stand up and be counted. But this new style of “Bend over for so and so because he played for madrid and is a first teamer for Germany etc so that should make all of us feel lucky and privileged having him here etc. I reserve that kind of thing for people like Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Cesc, RVP, Vieira etc. Sorry man, i have that old “get in there, be counted, move us forward into challenging.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Jogi Low has a good relationship with the club. On a couple of occasions, it'sreported he didnt call up Özil to the squad at Wenger's request , wouldnt be surprised if we are just returning the favour
This is what I thought as well. I know he gets more time off than others but this may have been a rerquest even at negotiation stage. Özil must know this will be one of his last international tournaments and he values it highly.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
I support Arsenal. And I don’t play mental gymnastics trying to over compensate towards any given player. This is the problem that has gotten us in such a joke states as a club. We are meant to just cheer certain players just because their superfans get emotional when criticised.
I am not used to that kind of fanboyism. I call it as I see it, and the situation we are in backs me.
I am used to the normal order of title winning mentality. Players stand up and be counted. But this new style of “Bend over for so and so because he played for madrid and is a first teamer for Germany etc so that should make all of us feel lucky and privileged having him here etc. I reserve that kind of thing for people like Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Cesc, RVP, Vieira etc. Sorry man, i have that old “get in there, be counted, move us forward into challenging.
i am sure playing with an injured back is something you do regularly. If you were used to being a winner, you wouldnt be trolling a fan forum.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
If his back is injured, he shouldn't go to the World Cup. He can instantly make recovery for Germany, but will use an injured back as an excuse for Arsenal?

Aren't they playing every 3-4 days in the World Cup?
Excuses.

Regardless, it doesn't matter. He gets paid regardless whether he plays well or not, plays crap, gets injured......man, only in Sports you can get guaranteed contracts. Real life you have to prove yourself everyday :(.

And fvck Wenger for talking about Özil was injured at half time blah blah blah. If he was, why wasn't he friggin subbed at Half Time. You had Iwobi on the bench. An injured Özil is useless for us. He's not a player that can perform if he is not fully fit.

The guy hurts us if he is playing with an injury.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
If his back is injured, he shouldn't go to the World Cup. He can instantly make recovery for Germany, but will use an injured back as an excuse for Arsenal?

Aren't they playing every 3-4 days in the World Cup?
Excuses.

Regardless, it doesn't matter. He gets paid regardless whether he plays well or not, plays crap, gets injured......man, only in Sports you can get guaranteed contracts. Real life you have to prove yourself everyday :(.

And fvck Wenger for talking about Özil was injured at half time blah blah blah. If he was, why wasn't he friggin subbed at Half Time. You had Iwobi on the bench. An injured Özil is useless for us. He's not a player that can perform if he is not fully fit.

The guy hurts us if he is playing with an injury.
fvck this whining noise.....fvck it.....dont abuse your elders and betters, whiny whiner.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
TBF, many points there stand,

The comparisons of Keown participation in England NT with Mesut in German NT are sure to get a lot of pundits in hissy fits, as it's been over half a century that England are serial failures :)

IslingtonBornandbred

The agent's a tosser. He could come out and say Özil's had a back injury, the critics are harsh and he's fully committed and that's it like a professional representative would , instead he goes on a tirade about Keown's playing time, his coaching credentials and a host of other personal things.

What a whiny little baby.

Edit: Oh and if Özil's been carrying a back injury for a while which is affecting his playing time and training time, you know, it might make a bit of sense for someone to say something, bit convenient if you ask me . This commitment issue stems back as far as 2015. He missed a game against Newcastle and was said to be ill and was spotted in a Berlin nightclub that very evening. He's the highest paid player, he's meant to be the main man, if not one of the main men and he should be held to a higher account.

Last edited:

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
fvck this whining noise.....fvck it.....dont abuse your elders and betters, whiny whiner.
LOL

Truth hurts. Instead of rebutting my post with constructive criticism, you go a different direction.
There is no injury...if there was, did they hide it to ensure he got 350K per week?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He missed a game against Newcastle and was said to be ill and was spotted in a Berlin nightclub that very evening. He's the highest paid player, he's meant to be the main man, if not one of the main men and he should be held to a higher account.
To be fair, it was an international break after that game so his being in Germany was understandable

IslingtonBornandbred

Looks like he's been on Keown's wikipedia page, that's some really informed abuse

:lol:

Literally digging for whatever he can find. Stuff that isn't even true like Keown's been abusing Wenger for years. And using the "Keown said publicly he would have killed Wenger if he didn't let him sub on vs Leicester to get his winners medal" like it was meant literally.

Shame he couldn't find any dirt on Keown like Merson or Adams. He'd have a field day. "He was an alcoholic who went to prison and his wife also left him for another man whilst he barely sees his children. He was fined and received three points for speeding which shows the true character of the man....."

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah being in Germany of course, but not missing a game because you are "under the weather" and then going to a nightclub in the same evening. That's taking the piss.
Was that the reason given? According to Talksport, he had a slight knee injury.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Looks like he's been on Keown's wikipedia page, that's some really informed abuse

Didn't hold back at all lol.. Said he wasn't a part of the invincible team because he had to beg for his 10th game :lol:

Imo Keown's criticism of Özil has been ott, but the agent took it too far too. Hopefully they squash the beef, Keown has been one of the most supportive ex-players in the media, would be nice if it stays that way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom