• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IslingtonBornandbred

Was that the reason given? According to Talksport, he had a slight knee injury.

Yeah, Wenger said it was a cold. Doesn't matter anyway.

"Mesut Özil has avoided a fine after being spotted in a nightclub just hours after missing the win at Newcastle through illness. Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger has spoken to Özil about the incident and insists he is satisfied with the £42.5million man's explanation. Given he missed the clash at St James' Park with a cold, his appearance at a Berlin nightspot raised eyebrows, but Wenger said: 'He went out for 30 minutes for a friends birthday, I was satisfied with his explanation.'"

IslingtonBornandbred

Didn't hold back at all lol.. Said he wasn't a part of the invincible team because he had to beg for his 10th game :lol:

Imo Keown's criticism of Özil has been ott, but the agent took it too far too. Hopefully they squash the beef, Keown has been one of the most supportive ex-players in the media, would be nice if it stays that way..

Yeah, the thing with someone like Keown is, when he speaks especially on Arsenal he speaks like he was still playing and how he'd react in the changing room. So if he was playing and felt someone wasn't putting a shift in or working hard enough, he'd open his mouth at half-time and say something. That's pretty normal as a player. And sometimes it comes across a certain way as a pundit i.e agenda driven or something but it's not, he's just speaking and reacting like how he would if he was playing and felt someone wasn't doing enough.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I hope this injury was since he signed the contract because then we have an explanation as to why he was so **** since :lol:

Gunners4life

Definitely Not RonaldoMadness
Lol ok m8 goes to a nightclub and that's fine apparently totally normal, we're expected to lap that up like hungry cats given milk.

Meant Özil he plays when he wants but pockets £350k per week without fail.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lacazette played with an injury, we had no idea until he had surgery

Bellerin has done the same

Koscielny was for ages before we knew it was a chronic issue

The club does it all the time

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If he really is injured then fair enough, but this is piss poor PR at best.

He already had a reputation for disappearing mysteriously and at convenient moments, with some embarrassing conflicting reports about where he was and why... So when he takes an early holiday at the end of the season, you can’t expect everyone to believe it’s a genuine injury.

If his agent, of all people, then comes out all guns blazing in defence of him... well, the sceptic just sees that as him doing his job, albeit after the horse has bolted.

Reactions: Jae

Jae

Was one of my favourite players but I'm done with Özil now to be honest. Can't be relied on to turn up, be that on the pitch or off the pitch. He is the epitome of a luxury player.

Mhiktaryan has come in and shown that he can do his job more consistently and he actually contributes more to our overall play as well. If a decent offer comes in Özil should be sold. Not going to happen with a new manager coming in though.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Was one of my favourite players but I'm done with Özil now to be honest. Can't be relied on to turn up, be that on the pitch or off the pitch. He is the epitome of a luxury player.

Mhiktaryan has come in and shown that he can do his job more consistently and he actually contributes more to our overall play as well. If a decent offer comes in Özil should be sold. Not going to happen with a new manager coming in though.
Not to mention Mhiky can actually shoot and isn't terrified to do so.

Reactions: Jae

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Was that the reason given? According to Talksport, he had a slight knee injury.
I don’t think people realise that you can do a lot of normal activities when carrying injuries that stop you from playing professional football.

Saw courtois a few weeks ago in a London night club when he was injured. If Mesut did that this thread would grow by 20 pages.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He already had a reputation for disappearing mysteriously and at convenient moments, with some embarrassing conflicting reports about where he was and why... So when he takes an early holiday at the end of the season, you can’t expect everyone to believe it’s a genuine injury
much better than going missing during matches, let me assure you..

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
His agent went over the line with some details, but something like this really needed to be done toward former players, who take turns with coming up with some ridiculous things to the club. However Keown was not the most vocal, I feel others deserved it more than him :)

Özil has been targeted from former players during the contract situation, especially Wright and Dixon, and then Özil (his agent) posted a lengthy message on social media, calling former players to support the team.

They didn't like that, Wrighty said: If he likes the club so much, Sign the contract.

When Özil signed, they went with the typical: body-language, calling in sick, highest paid player etc....

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Agent went too HAM though, kind of takes away sympathy. Would have been enough to have a slight go at Keown then bring up the injury Mes has been carrying.

Gotta respect Martin even if you don’t agree with.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
His agent went over the line with some details, but something like this really needed to be done toward former players, who take turns with coming up with some ridiculous things to the club.

Yeah, if the agent had toned it down a bit I would have been on his/Mesut's side 100%. Keown has been going at Özil for months, and some of the comments just read like he was attacking him personally, not professionally. I definitely think it was the right thing to call him out on it, but the agent made it too personal too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom