• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stannis

Honestly, I want to try Holding if he has a good game midweek.

Don't reckon there is much between the two, plus I feel Holding will do better with a guy like Sokratis alongside him

Mustafi hasnt been a complete disaster this season, but its obvious he always has a mistake on him. Sokratis has actually done quite well

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Even with a clean slate, I'm finding it hard to have patience for Mustafi anymore.

Still young but my god does he have some ridiculous brain farts. It seems like long balls are his weakness. Can't seem to either adjust himself or react well enough to the ball in behind. Holding when he had a consistent run rarely had this level of consistent mistakes, I don't see why were not trying him.

I guess it's Holding and Mavropanos (sp?) for EL until one impresses enough to start in the PL.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Seems to have a massive mistake or two even when he has an overall good game, it's just not worth keeping him. It's the same with Bellerin.

We need more solid even if not spectacular players in our defence like Sokratis, Monreal or Lichtsteiner.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Always makes mistakes, falls over randomly, plays teammates into trouble & blames others throughout.

This clown must be a joy to play with.

There were warning signs before the goal the amount of times he was unaware of the player making the run behind him , twice in 5 mins before they scored the same way .

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Yeah, if we have to have a error prone defenders I'd rather give the time to holding or mavro in the hope that they can sort their mistakes as they develop

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Besides the slip, which can happen to anyone, he was pretty solid.

He fell over for no reason. He then failed to judge and deal with two crosses, the second of which went in. Look at the first cross and how he actually runs towards the ball before realising it's going way over his head.

Mustafi's problem has never been that he doesn't play well. He has good games. His problem is the inexplicable mistakes he makes out of nowhere. What's to say he won't fall over again in a much more important game? How many more crosses is he going to misjudge?

He does a lot really well, he's not as bad as many think. But it's just getting to a point where it's impossible to trust him.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He fell over for no reason. He then failed to judge and deal with two crosses, the second of which went in. Look at the first cross and how he actually runs towards the ball before realising it's going way over his head.

Mustafi's problem has never been that he doesn't play well. He has good games. His problem is the inexplicable mistakes he makes out of nowhere. What's to say he won't fall over again in a much more important game? How many more crosses is he going to misjudge?

He does a lot really well, he's not as bad as many think. But it's just getting to a point where it's impossible to trust him.
yeah, love him too, but you need someone you can trust.

With Mustafi it is always a will he/won't he scenario. Will he head the ball, or will he fall over?

With someone like Kos or even Chambers, you know they will win the header/duel 99/100.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I can tell I'm done with him because every time the camera shows him up close I get annoyed. I hope he's gone after this season. I can't take watching him make mistakes every match any longer.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
His biggest flaw for me is his fundamental lack of awareness. He's a poor reader of what's going on around him. It's too easy to make runs off him and it's cost us a few times already.

That said, he a good second half yesterday but until his reading of the game improves, he'll continue to cost us goals.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If you look at Mustafi’s stats you’d think he’s a very good defender. Problem is the mistakes he makes are almost always so bad that they lead to a very dangerous situation.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If you look at Mustafi’s stats you’d think he’s a very good defender. Problem is the mistakes he makes are almost always so bad that they lead to a very dangerous situation.

It's weird, Whoscored has him as our best player so far this season while Sokratis is one of our worst. Not sure how they calculate scores but they clearly don't use their eyes. Somehow don't think their system works well for defenders or goalkeepers.

Mustafi is a great example of the importance of the eye test and not just going off stats. He has great stats, it's when you watch him that you start to worry.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
He needs a psychiatrist. There's something really wrong in his head. How can someone look like one of the best defenders in the world for extended periods of time, and yes, he does do that for like 80 minutes of the game...... and then for 10 minutes, spaced in intervals, look like has no idea that he's on a football pitch or that he's supposed to defend, or that he's supposed to follow his man.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mustsfi is the defender that people think Koscienly is, the definition of ‘has a mistake in him’.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He needs a psychiatrist. There's something really wrong in his head. How can someone look like one of the best defenders in the world for extended periods of time, and yes, he does do that for like 80 minutes of the game...... and then for 10 minutes, spaced in intervals, look like has no idea that he's on a football pitch or that he's supposed to defend, or that he's supposed to follow his man.

I was literally going to write the same thing. The Augero Goal in the cup final, it was all mental. As was the missed header on Sat. It's almost like when he has too much time to think he completely loses his composure.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He can cut this out. Still young. A decent defender in there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom