• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
61Gd94QrE-L._SL1200_.jpg
:lol:

As Jeremy Clarkson would say, Özil needs a bit of that on his arse...Won't stop running!

hope1

Reports on him being off now.

Its good if he goes rather than playing. Don't think a top player deserves this treatment. Which club plays Iwobi over Özil, well thats our new manager for you.

Its so sad we couldn't get the best out of this Genius :(

I suppose laca will be off too in Summer.

We will have no top draw player once he leaves except Auba now :(

Such a sad situation.

Manberg

Predator
Is there any way the club can opt to not pay his wages?
Özil isn't fulfilling his contract he doesn't deserve to be paid.

CJJ

Established Member
I don't see any top teams wanting Özil unfortunately. So i think we're stuck with the 350k wage bill until further notice.

And if Emery doesn't think Özil is the type of player he can afford to "carry" then so be it. I also think that Özil is not the kind of player who's going to accept being a substitute, so i can understand Emery's decision to simply leave him out.

This situation really sucks...

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
It's not his job to coddle Özil.
yes it is, his main job is keeping our best players performing, he is not doing that.

Did he complain about being hung out to dry in the press? No, he got his head down and worked hard to get another chance in the team.
Different personalities, We know Özil does not like competition, he just wants to have a good time and play with freedom.

Duuks

Looking at the creative output in the West Ham game I really cannot back Emery's decision to leave a fit Özil out. He is the creative dynamo of the team and he was sorely missed. Özil might not be the easiest player to deal with but Emery should do a better job in managing him. Without a Ramsey/Mkhi/Özil in the starting lineup this team doesn't stand a chance to win anyone.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
yes it is, his main job is keeping our best players performing, he is not doing that.
I agree, but that's not the same thing as coddling him. It's actually a disrespect to Özil to suggest that he needs that kind of treatment.
Different personalities, We know Özil does not like competition, he just wants to have a good time and play with freedom.
:lol: For £350k a week he'll need to do a bit more than that

Malky

Established Member
Don't care what anyone says, Emery has handled this whole situation terribly.
With Emery showing his hand in this, making it obvious that Özil is not wanted, along with his high wages - there is no club that will pay us a decent transfer fee. We'll be lucky to get around £20M?
Who do we bring in that can improve the team for that money? We would be better off keeping Özil.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
With Emery showing his hand in this, making it obvious that Özil is not wanted, along with his high wages - there is no club that will pay us a decent transfer fee. We'll be lucky to get around £20M?
Only Man United and Inter were interested in him when he was available on a free, so the effect this situation has had on his value is negligible. Chinese clubs are the big players here, although we don't know whether he'd be willing to go there. The club rejected a £26m bid from a Chinese club for Lucas Perez in January 2017 when he was barely playing, I'm sure they'd go for something similar if they could get a big name like Özil.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
it looks as if Emery has told the heirarchy he wants to free up Özil's wages to bring his own choice of players in, which doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't rate him

the battle of wills might be between Emery and the board rather than Emery and Özil

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
it looks as if Emery has told the heirarchy he wants to free up Özil's wages to bring his own choice of players in, which doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't rate him

the battle of wills might be between Emery and the board rather than Emery and Özil

What players? Yes Özil is on high wages, but Cech, Koscielny, Jenkinson, Ramsey, Welbeck and Ospina are also on good money.

Emery likes to play 4 2 3 1 and we have the best pure number 10 in the world. So why doesn't he buy 'his' players to fit around him.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I don't understand why he was given that enormous contract when Sven and Raul were already at the club.

Because contrary to popular belief, Sven and Raul aren't gods. Barcelona signed more than their share of duds (a few of them from us no less) with Raul at the helm.

They were brought in to improve our transfer business but its naive to expect perfection.

Also, tell me @American_Gooner is joking about that Perez offer from China. I refuse to believe that the club is so incompetent to refuse an offer like that for a squad player only to sell him for pennies on the dollar a season later.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
The Times are reliable

This club............ We could have just taken the money and bought in a young player for half the price or promoted some kid from the academy.

Who turns down almost 30M pounds for Lucas Perez? That 26M pounds would be our second highest transfer fee received I think.

Thanks Gazidis.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
You know I was thinking that the other day. But I think Emery would blatenly say he was refusing if that was the case.
Why would he? I doubt any manager wants to discuss such stuff with the press. That's the best explanation for me why Özil isn't on the bench anyway, it reminds me of the Martinez-Nainggolan case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom