• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Bournemouth? Sp**s in the cup? West Ham?
I mentioned the Bournemouth game. No one knows why he missed West Ham and as for Sp**s in the cup, I’ve said multiple he should’ve started let alone been on the bench. But generally speaking, when he’s been fit and available he’s played. Even captained the side a few times.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I’m not arguing this any longer. It’s entirely reasonable to expect your recently hired manager to include your recently made MVP in the squad for a game against West Ham. It wasn’t the Somme, it was West Ham ffs.
Recently made 'most valuable player'? Highest paid, but that's it. He's no MVP and just because somebody thinks they are doesn't warrant his inclusion based on that alone. After his Bournemouth show, that 'P' could well be for Pathetic. And as @Preacher highlighted, that looks like where it all went wrong for him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Word from who?

The club has been preaching that "All the boys are mates and all love each other, never been closer" spiel since 2008.

Yet every time a player left, Wenger would come out and talk about how the lads are closer than ever since the toxic element/ego has been removed, everyone fighting for each other now. It happened after Adebayor/Clichy, Fabregas/Nasri, Van Persie and then Sanchez all left.

Our dressing room spirit has never been as good as the club portrays it to be.

You can't come in 2015 and talk about how great the dressing room then 6 months later talk about how toxic a player who just left made it.
So you want to believe everyone hates each other, or everyone hates Emery because Özil is being overlooked when he's not injured, or injured, or flu-ridden?

The stuff about the spirit being higher than it's been for a long time was just something that surface quite recently on AFTV or something, I can't even remember--may have had something to do with an agent or something... **** knows. But you want to believe it's rubbish for what reason, or have I already said why?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I normally prefer to lurk rather than post or create threads but I've noticed the amount of criticism Emery is getting for leaving Özil out is getting fairly bad.

Ill be honest and say I think Özil should have been dropped from the team. He seems to come down with mysterious illnesses or injuries that keep him out for a single match or for a few weeks, added to this his form hasn't been consistent. How is Emery meant to plan a match when theres probably something like a 1 in 4 chance Özil gets a "knee injury" or a "back injury" that keeps him out for a weekend or a few days.

Emery builds his team around 100% buy in, 100% workrate, how can the rest of the team commit to that when the lad who turns up when he feels like it is being paid 3-4 times as much as them and then starts, The buy in from the whole team is more important than having a completely inconsistent player on the pitch.

Can you imagine playing local soccer and turning up to every training session then playing on a weekend and some lad who was at the pub during training starts? Im sure most of youve seen it. You'd be less willing to make the effort when its needed and then to see the lad who hasnt turned up for training is half a pitch away from where hes meant to be.

Yes we could do with more technical ability and we are leaving out probably our most technical player, but as far as Im concerned unless Özil starts really dedicating himself to the club and the team Emery's hands are tied. He clearly needs every player to be on board if hes to turn this trainwreck around, Özil deciding he doesnt want to play a day or 2 beforehand isnt buy in.

Yes Özil can be great on his day, but we can't depend on him and enither can Emery. Clearly Emery wanted much more consistent and better players than he has but is getting no backing from the board. Emery is getting a lot of stick, maybe its justified (I dont think he should be for his Özil decision) but seriously Özil gets off scot free?

Jae

In before someone says you shouldn't have created a new thread for this :lol:

(but yeah agree mostly) still one of our best talents though, just needs to show it more often.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Great post, tho I think this could just be posted in the Özil thread. I gotta say this whole thing is quite funny. Özil has literally put in one performance that brilliant and that was the Leicester game, other than that he has done absolutely nothing this season, heck the entirety of 2018. I think other than Leicester maybe the Liverpool game at home, even then the couple of flicks he did doesn't exactly make it higher than a 7/10 at best. He was literally starting most of the games at the start of the season. Arguably our two best performances of the season (5-1 at Fulham and 4-2 NLD win) were without Özil. 9 goals scored without Özil's creativity that we supposedly just cannot cope without. Won won away at Bournemouth and drew 2-2 at United, got another 4-1 win over Fulham all without him. In general the teams performances have decreased over the last few weeks, but the narrative has been twisted to the team just cannot play without Özil. I mean we were putting in mediocre performances with him in the side and like I said our two best performances came without him in the team. Then there's the pass vs Burnley which was talked nonstop and even then he didn't do much else.

And then there's this idea that Özil should just be given a free role to do what he wants, not work hard and adapt to what Emery wants because he's Özil and was good back in 2015. It isn't 2015 anymore and in case people have been sleeping, this decline with Özil has been happening for at least 2/3 years now. The first half of the 16/17 is the last time I remember him putting together a string of consistent good performances. There's also the constant missing games through little injuries and illnesses which would make any manager a bit fed up. I mean he's just not someone that you can rely on to play week in week out.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I normally prefer to lurk rather than post or create threads but I've noticed the amount of criticism Emery is getting for leaving Özil out is getting fairly bad.

Ill be honest and say I think Özil should have been dropped from the team. He seems to come down with mysterious illnesses or injuries that keep him out for a single match or for a few weeks, added to this his form hasn't been consistent. How is Emery meant to plan a match when theres probably something like a 1 in 4 chance Özil gets a "knee injury" or a "back injury" that keeps him out for a weekend or a few days.

Emery builds his team around 100% buy in, 100% workrate, how can the rest of the team commit to that when the lad who turns up when he feels like it is being paid 3-4 times as much as them and then starts, The buy in from the whole team is more important than having a completely inconsistent player on the pitch.

Can you imagine playing local soccer and turning up to every training session then playing on a weekend and some lad who was at the pub during training starts? Im sure most of youve seen it. You'd be less willing to make the effort when its needed and then to see the lad who hasnt turned up for training is half a pitch away from where hes meant to be.

Yes we could do with more technical ability and we are leaving out probably our most technical player, but as far as Im concerned unless Özil starts really dedicating himself to the club and the team Emery's hands are tied. He clearly needs every player to be on board if hes to turn this trainwreck around, Özil deciding he doesnt want to play a day or 2 beforehand isnt buy in.

Yes Özil can be great on his day, but we can't depend on him and enither can Emery. Clearly Emery wanted much more consistent and better players than he has but is getting no backing from the board. Emery is getting a lot of stick, maybe its justified (I dont think he should be for his Özil decision) but seriously Özil gets off scot free?

Good post, I agree that Özil shouldn't get off scot free. We all know what he can do on his day but we also know his day doesn't come along too often. I admire Emery for having the balls to freeze out Özil. I admire him because he gave him time, he judged him, he made a decision, and stood by it. It's not a rash decision, and I hope it's because he has a plan which will evolve further this window and resolve in Özil leaving in the summer. I cant believe a manager of Emery's level hasn't planned for the outcome of dropping his highest paid player, and his most technical, so we'll see how this pans out. Right now I'm not blaming Emery for the Özil situation, the player has brought his own situation to a head by his below par performances over a period of time.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I like the cheeky use of the double S in 'disappearing'. Diss-appearing. Lots of disrespect all round. :D

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
People still crying about Giroud one year on. It’s gonna be like a scene out of **** Club or Bird Box in here if Özil goes.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Oh well I'll miss him but it looks like he is on his way out this transfer window even. https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/emery-tells-arsenal-chiefs-sell-Özil-now-4264740

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Maybe the changes to the training (harder training sessions) have somehow contributed to Özil getting more injured.

Also, he's been very irregular during the Christmas period ever since he came from RM.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Rabble raising article.

golden? There is no source.. :p
61Gd94QrE-L._SL1200_.jpg

TornadoTed

Established Member
I love Özil a lot, he is an absolute magician on his day, a proper Rolls Royce of a footballer. However he is getting more and more inconsistent both with his fitness and performances. If it is true that we are on the limits on allowed wages and it is hampering rebuilding the squad then he is a luxury we can't afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom