• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 2018/19

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Is that really you mate. Come back to gloat because you said any manager could do better than Wenger. And here we are 5th with half a season to go.
He's done, and is doing better than Wenger already. Wenger did great for a long time, but poor Emery is battling to bring us back from the ****house where Wenger left us. What was Wenger's longest unbeaten streak in his last two seasons? We couldn't have even dreamed of going 20 odd unbeaten. Have a word lad. You must be on the wind-up or the whiskey?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's done, and is doing better than Wenger already. Wenger did great for a long time, but poor Emery is battling to bring us back from the ****house where Wenger left us. What was Wenger's longest unbeaten streak in his last two seasons? We couldn't have even dreamed of going 20 odd unbeaten. Have a word lad. You must be on the wind-up or the whiskey?
No, don’t drink. I’m a big Emery fan bro. The fact that he’s 5th is better than Klopp and Mourinho in their first season.

Not expecting him to get 20 years in the top 4 with 3 titles and 7 Cups,like Wenger though. Those were crazy stats.

blaze_of_glory

It was a great run. Almost as good as being the top team through 2015 calendar year and coming 2nd out of 92 teams in the country. Same reward too.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Would love if we can pull off a 2005 FA Cup final performance against United :lol:

That was actually a dreadful performance as far as I can recall. Jens was magnificent though. That Rooney got motm was a travesty.

It should be a good game this time. No way this is ending 0-0.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
No, don’t drink. I’m a big Emery fan bro. The fact that he’s 5th is better than Klopp and Mourinho in their first season.

Not expecting him to get 20 years in the top 4 with 3 titles and 7 Cups,like Wenger though. Those were crazy stats.
We're not going to see another manager get twenty years to get those stats. If we did I'd wager he'd fair better than Wenger in terms of trophies (top 4 is debatable) but purely because we are not going to build a stadium again.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If we did I'd wager he'd fair better than Wenger in terms of trophies (top 4 is debatable) but purely because we are not going to build a stadium again.
You think so? Remember that over Wenger’s 21 years of winning 7 FA Cups, Sp**s with an overall spend not too dissimilar to ours over that whole period, didn’t win any.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Another very irritating draw for us ffs. Any other team and we can afford to rest a few senior players but obviously with our injuries atm we've been given another fixture where we have to go balls to the wall.

We absolutely need a CB and Suarez in ASAP otherwise I think we're in trouble.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You think so? Remember that over Wenger’s 21 years of winning 7 FA Cups, Sp**s with an overall spend not too dissimilar to ours over that whole period, didn’t win any.
A serious reply now: You're right about the spend but let's face it, they weren't exactly teeming with managers who screamed achievement until they got Poch. I feel we're fairly well prepared to keep appointing managers who are able to punch above their weight *cough* squad cost *cough*.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

A serious reply now: You're right about the spend but let's face it, they weren't exactly teeming with managers who screamed achievement until they got Poch. I feel we're fairly well prepared to keep appointing managers who are able to punch above their weight *cough* squad cost *cough*.
If you watched the game last night, the Liverpool team looked very poor. Same manager though, lesser players.

Sp**s have somehow acquired a batch of top quality players, including an EPL leading striker. It’s making Poch’s job so much easier and previous managers look poorer. Their transfer team have done a superb job. Alli, Kane, Dier, Lamella, Erickson had already been acquired when he arrived. Did he make them into top class players or was the inate talent already there, waiting the for the next lucky manager? Or was it a bit of both? Probably the latter.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

It was a completely different era as well, but if he can make some more good signings and build up the sort of momentum that he already seems capable of doing, then there's no reason why we can't nick a league title. From that, who knows?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It was a completely different era as well, but if he can make some more good signings and build up the sort of momentum that he already seems capable of doing, then there's no reason why we can't nick a league title. From that, who knows?
Spending 5th, league title would be unbelievable. Top 4 very good. Europa League or FA Cup excellent.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

That was actually a dreadful performance as far as I can recall. Jens was magnificent though. That Rooney got motm was a travesty.

It should be a good game this time. No way this is ending 0-0.

Pretty much. Too teams without any interest in defending :lol:

Just hope by the end of the 90 minutes we've outscored them. We need to avoid a replay at all costs.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
LMFAO read this on sky sports under the rumours section

"Klopp looking to bring in a new groundsman to make sure the grass is cut and consulting with Trump about building a wall around Anfield to keep the wind out"

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If you watched the game last night, the Liverpool team looked very poor. Same manager though, lesser players.

Sp**s have somehow acquired a batch of top quality players, including an EPL leading striker. It’s making Poch’s job so much easier and previous managers look poorer. Their transfer team have done a superb job. Alli, Kane, Dier, Lamella, Erickson had already been acquired when he arrived. Did he make them into top class players or was the inate talent already there, waiting the for the next lucky manager? Or was it a bit of both? Probably the latter.
I agree. My point is that I'm in agreement with squad cost but that we have the men in the background to make sure we keep appointing managers who are able to out perform in comparison to what they have spent.

Not expecting the league though.
Take heart in the fact that you've lowered my expectations into the realm of reality.

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
How anyone can describe 5th in the league as better than winning a double in your first full season is an exercise in self-delusion which defeats any attempt at logical explanation because there is no logic to it.

I would love it if we win the double this season but let's just say it's looking unlikely.

Times have changed, and Emery is cursed with a bad owner in a way Wenger wasn't, but that is no reason to rewrite history.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I agree. My point is that I'm in agreement with squad cost but that we have the men in the background to make sure we keep appointing managers who are able to out perform in comparison to what they have spent.

Not expecting the league though.
Take heart in the fact that you've lowered my expectations into the realm of reality.
The world happiness report shows that the most content people are where expectations and reality overlap. Always thinking you deserve something better leads to bitterness. :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Two goals down after 70 minutes on a cold, rainy night in Stoke.

No worries, Shrewsbury score three in ten minutes to book a tie in the fourth round vs Wolves!

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom