• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianGooner1608

There is a fine line between accomodating a player, and trying to get said player to play within your system.

What killed Emery at PSG was the brazilian batallion led by Neymar, trying to take control off his hand.

Not pretending to know what happens backstage, but it could be a number of reasons:
- Emery trying not to make the same mistake as PSG by caving to a player's ego
- Özil being hurt and the staff waiting for him to completely clear the injuries.
- higher ups wanting to push him out
- Özil not showing enough in training.
- Emery throwing his weight around.

You name it, but personally, I'd lean for letting him sort out his injuries fully.

What I know is I love Özil, I enjoy Emery, I want them both to sort the situation out.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
There is a fine line between accomodating a player, and trying to get said player to play within your system.

What killed Emery at PSG was the brazilian batallion led by Neymar, trying to take control off his hand.

Not pretending to know what happens backstage, but it could be a number of reasons:
- Emery trying not to make the same mistake as PSG by caving to a player's ego
- Özil being hurt and the staff waiting for him to completely clear the injuries.
- higher ups wanting to push him out
- Özil not showing enough in training.
- Emery throwing his weight around.

You name it, but personally, I'd lean for letting him sort out his injuries fully.

What I know is I love Özil, I enjoy Emery, I want them both to sort the situation out.
I have had the suspicion that this is part of it since the beginning. We all know what Özil is like and how important it is for him to connect well with the manager. I can understand Emery not wanting a repeat of being undermined at PSG. That said, I hope he wasn't or isn't being heavy handed in his treatment of Özil as a result. Part of being a professional in any capacity is to learn from your mistakes but also not let them be continued baggage. I have never heard of Özil being a malcontent to where a manager would need to try to send him that kind of message so I really hope that if Emery was looking to send him a message it was solely due to his individual conduct in training and his availability rather than taking out his frustrations from PSG on an undeserving person.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I have had the suspicion that this is part of it since the beginning. We all know what Özil is like and how important it is for him to connect well with the manager. I can understand Emery not wanting a repeat of being undermined at PSG. That said, I hope he wasn't or isn't being heavy handed in his treatment of Özil as a result. Part of being a professional in any capacity is to learn from your mistakes but also not let them be continued baggage. I have never heard of Özil being a malcontent to where a manager would need to try to send him that kind of message so I really hope that if Emery was looking to send him a message it was solely due to his individual conduct in training and his availability rather than taking out his frustrations from PSG on an undeserving person.

Think one of the most overlooked facts is that Mesut is far from a lazy trainer. It is well documentd when had the knee injury , that on his own volition, he embarked on a strength and conditioning to bulk up and get stronger gave up soft drnks all together and reaped the rewards with that crazy assist year . Maybe he has slacked of this year I don't know but he doesn't have a record of being lazy .

Also the person most fined for turning up late to training was Alex Iwobi last season and that coming from his team mates :lol:

Maybe Emery dropped him because of that thing he wear around his head in training , nakes him look like he's from the cast of the Golden Girls ffs , Fully behind Emery if that is the case

CanadianGooner1608

This. This is why I suspect the injuries might have been the actual reason. Try to get us a 100% Özil instead of a player who is at 70/80% form.

I have a feeling Emery is not the kind of person to actually let experience turn into baggage (and this is based on pure gut feeling, not informed opinion tbf) and Özil never came across as a diva either.

Time always tell, but for now, I just want him to play, and play at a high level consistently. On his day, Özil is untouchable. I hope we get to see that player day in and day out.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Prepare to be picketed by razörist.
I agree with @celestis at least think a little bit about your image, if people say you’re lazy, weak, don’t wear whatever the **** he has around his head in training. But maybe he does it to trigger people, or he just doesn’t care about public opinion, which I actually like.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I agree with @celestis at least think a little bit about your image, if people say you’re lazy, weak, don’t wear whatever the **** he has around his head im training. But maybe he does it to trigger people, or he just doesn’t care about public opinion, which I actually like.
you're either cozying up to the admins
Or you're going soft.

Either way, you're not fit to be called Özil Stan

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I have always assumed his habit of covering his nose and mouth could be a precaution because he really does have a weak immune system, as Wenger once claimed

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Didn’t Emery’s biographer say that Emery thinks Özil has very little impact from the bench?

Think that’s true tbh. Kind of player who has to start or just sit it out. Can’t remember him every coming on and having much of an impact.
Could have scored yesterday if Auba didn’t bottle the open pass to him running in the box. Would have backed him to do his bounce finish. Still sad. :(

Wizzard

For years the most of you keep moaning about his workrate and his body language. Now he gets subbed on, tracks back, wins the ball back in several occations, comits fouls, goes shoulder on shoulder with Sissoko and still its an awfull cameo? Ffs

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Could have scored yesterday if Auba didn’t bottle the open pass to him running in the box. Would have backed him to do his bounce finish. Still sad. :(

You know what ? All this crap about him not being physical is overblown . Just remembered hims cynically upending Hazard in a sliding tackle on the touchline :lol: also he was motm v Sp**s last season at home and he was physical then too .

He seemed a bit nervous on Sat but that's maybe because he keeps getting told that he can't play away .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom