• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Baffling? Have you seen us in the past 5 games? Or the entire season? If you want the manager to stay I get that, but it can't reasonably be said that we have played good football for the majority of the season, it just isn't true.

What is the floor for you then if you don't want Emery gone after this season?

I don't see what the issue is over this being his first season. Funny enough for all Emery fans in here love to talk about Klopp or Guardiola they conveniently ignore the vast number of managers Liverpool and City sacked to get those two in the hot seat to begin with. Some of whom won trophies and actual league titles.

This is my perspective on keeping/sacking a manager. Sometimes if you want to progress, you have to just rip the band-aid off rather than stretching things out. It's like trying to hold onto a marriage that is heading for divorce. Sure you can give it another year or two to try and make it work for the kids or what have you but eventually, those divorce papers will be signed. I don't think Emery is the guy long term, I'm not seeing any seeds of a future great Arsenal manager. Hence I would rather he go now, or early next season so we can get in someone who is the guy.

I'd say a reasonable floor for dismissal of the first post-Wenger manager is languishing in the bottom half of the table for the majority of the season.

I'm not an Emery guy. I'm an Arsenal FC stability guy. Yes, I watched most of the last few games. Yes I was in the away stand in the struggle of Watford. Were are in a slump for sure, it happens. I don't think you're giving Emery a fair crack of the whip pulling the trigger so early in his tenure though - and it would also reflect very badly on the clubs reputation.

If you're looking for a new manager to come in to Arsenal, hit the ground running, immediately blow the league away with mesmerizing football, using a squad containing brain dead zombies like Mikhi, Mustafi & Elneny and to a lesser extent Özil & Iwobi then you are living in a fantasy world of candy houses, puppy dogs and ice cream.

I hope your not the boss of a team, firing all and sundry of your staff every few months due to not meeting your unattainable performance criteria.....give em a chance!!:lol:

Right got to catch up to Line of Duty...laters & COYG

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

CL changes everything, more money, more expectations, we are no longer a tier 1 club, we are barely a tier 2, getting into the CL puts you in the map.
Will you trust this multi year rebuild to someone that his main idea of football is to complicate the rival instead of imposing his style? we are a big club we can do better than that.

Whether Emery is the man for the job is by the by. The club should be rebuilding the club regardless of manager.

There should be a firm vision instilled at the club from the directorial position down. It’s what makes the best clubs in the world.

The manager should be like a chef, the club buys the ingredients and the manager makes the meal. Letting him get involved in player recruitment is a mistake.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I saw the press conference he said we controlled the position not possession he also admit that we were set up to counter them and to be solid defensively
If it's true that he said "position" instead of "possession", then a journalist needs to be sacked. Or said Twitter asshole needs to be recognized for being just that.

balthazar

I blame Wenger. Should have moved on when Klopp was available. Was a perfect option for Arsenal. But no, was selfish and wanted to try the same thing that had already failed one more time.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It goes back the owner the worst in the EPL including Ashley!!
this is it.

Emery is doing more or less what Wenger did in his last season. Perhaps he has been a bit lucky with the **** teams in EL and the league.

I think this club needs an incredibly stubborn and big personality who can imprint his tactics/ideals on the squad.

akhil

He should have another season. It's been a weird up and down season. But lets be honest, our squad is ****. Some of them can raise their game for a big game but don't want fight against some mid table clubs. Only major gripe I have is, we're losing our most important player possibly while **** stains like Mikhi and Mustafi are still here.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Dont think we can judge Emery with the state of the team as it is. We're arguably missing our three best players in Ramsey, Bellerin and Holding. Iwobi, Mkhitaryan Mustafi, Xhaka are sub-par players that'll make any manager struggle.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I'm not an Emery guy. I'm an Arsenal FC stability guy. Yes, I watched most of the last few games. Yes I was in the away stand in the struggle of Watford. Were are in a slump for sure, it happens. I don't think you're giving Emery a fair crack of the whip pulling the trigger so early in his tenure though - and it would also reflect very badly on the clubs reputation.

Reputation?!?!? What reputation, the same one that led to Monchi ditching us for Sevilla? Right now we have the reputation of being losers, a club with no ambition, is that really the kind of "stability" we should be looking at?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
One thing I would like to mention is that it is quite clear we have no idea what to do when we go a man down. Have to say that is really disappointing. You have to carry on with the game.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Reputation?!?!? What reputation, the same one that led to Monchi ditching us for Sevilla? Right now we have the reputation of being losers, a club with no ambition, is that really the kind of "stability" we should be looking at?

You said your bit, I said mine. We shall not be doing the old back and forth forum comment dance as I have to do a couple of hours of pretending to work in a soulless corporate monster.

Chill out, relax, and have a great day my friend.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Please, everybody, be aware this tweet is a straight up lie

The full interview is here ...The bit in question starts at 0:40 mark. He is talking about Leicester and says "the idea at home with the ball is to control possession"

Journalists twisting words? People from the internet not checking facts?

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.jpg

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Calling for the sack now is extreme. Been a funny season. If we look at United's squad and their results we can be encouraged by what our manager has done.

22 years of one philosophy and people want someone to come in and make it all click straight away.
we played some top football at times, but obviously it cant last in first season.
injuries that forced us to change things as we didnt have decent replacements was another big hit in our face.

Said it the first day and after every bad or good game: Emery should be assessed after 2nd season.
he met the league, met the team, got thru bad and good with them, learned all he needed to learn and will now have a summer of adjustments to get the next season the way he wants.

needs all the backing right now to finish the season with a trophy. it's a shame he won't be truly getting it

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
22 years of one philosophy and people want someone to come in and make it all click straight away.
we played some top football at times, but obviously it cant last in first season.
injuries that forced us to change things as we didnt have decent replacements was another big hit in our face.

Said it the first day and after every bad or good game: Emery should be assessed after 2nd season.
he met the league, met the team, got thru bad and good with them, learned all he needed to learn and will now have a summer of adjustments to get the next season the way he wants.

needs all the backing right now to finish the season with a trophy. it's a shame he won't be truly getting it
Very true. In full agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom