• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 308,959
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They won't but they are not as stupid as we think. I am still hoping for Gazids to show his mastery
Well if they interested they should if not then they go to other targets we not going to give him on loan

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Well if they interested they should if not then they go to other targets we not going to give him on loan
I think we don't have any other choice. No one's gonna pay 20m for him. A loan with obligation to buy after certain number of appearance makes sense to me

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

When it comes to the sack of ****e, a loan with an option is very much acceptable.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Getting him out is the most important thing. Permanent transfer would obviously be the preferred option but even a loan deal is better that him staying.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Have to decline any loan move. They’ll use for a couple of years, return him, and we’ll have to let him leave for free because his deal will be coming to an end.

Can’t be having a reputation for being an easy touch either, everyone seems to just want to loan players from us.

Newchange

Nah, we have to make a stand, and bring cash in too. Can’t always keep loaning our players, looks soft.

Either we sell and bring money in, or he stays.
Completely disagree. It’s players like Mustafi who make us soft. Get him out the club via loan. If that’s the only option, take it. No time to waste time this summer! Let him make mistakes in another team or improve his defending in Italy and sell next summer.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Nah, we have to make a stand, and bring cash in too. Can’t always keep loaning our players, looks soft.

Either we sell and bring money in, or he stays.

Well, it was not wanting to look soft that contributed to keeping players for too long (Alexis, Ramsey, etc.). If the only way to move Mustafi is a loan, I can't advocate keeping him. At least Arsenal would get a loan fee and his wages off the books (and hopefully an obligation to buy next summer). This is no time for foolish pride. It's time for action.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Well, it was not wanting to look soft that contributed to keeping players for too long (Alexis, Ramsey, etc.). If the only way to move Mustafi is a loan, I can't advocate keeping him. At least Arsenal would get a loan fee and his wages off the books (and hopefully an obligation to buy next summer). This is no time for foolish pride. It's time for action.
Think Ramsey was kept on in the hope both parties will reach an agreement.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Think Ramsey was kept on in the hope both parties will reach an agreement.

Sure, but why was it so important from Arsenal's perspective to risk going into his final year without a contract? They hoped to reach agreement with Alexis as well. Otherwise they would have sold him in the summer. They didn't want to be mocked as a "selling club." Both were bad decisions (and I say this as someone who agreed with the Alexis decision at the time, but I was wrong and that's why I advocated selling Ramsey last summer).

It's pretty obvious that Gazidis was behind keeping Ramsey too long because as soon as he decided to go to AC Milan and power in the front office shifted, Arsenal decided Ramsey wasn't worth the massive wages he wanted. Arsenal needs to turn over several players this summer and Mustafi is the first one who needs to be shown the door (not necessarily chronologically, but in terms of importance).

morpho

Established Member
Have to decline any loan move. They’ll use for a couple of years, return him, and we’ll have to let him leave for free because his deal will be coming to an end.

Can’t be having a reputation for being an easy touch either, everyone seems to just want to loan players from us.
And why is that? Because they have seen them play...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom