• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,397

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Could you give your insight - you seem to know him quite well, given your reaction

https://www.gunnerstown.com/arsenal...o-be-the-next-gooner-off-the-lorient-express/

This was written back in Feb, I believe we we're linked in January or the previous summer. Feel like I saw a few reports saying Sven was interested bringing in Guen and ACM.

I said I thought we could fill our winger problems bringing in a 'Guen' type signing and having Reiss back meaning we could use those extra funds to sort the defence and midfield out.

If Sven is interested then so am I, there was loads of hype about this guy a while back and was heavily linked with PSG. Could be one to watch.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I don’t know much about him what type of mid is he

He's very versatile and can play as a RB, defender, DM or CM.

He personally prefers playing as a CM and had his role models with Gerrard, Yaya and the likes.
He ain't huge, but always deems a real presence on the field.

Good tackler, good anticipation, good allround play and can go past players with his dynamic style. Pretty reliable on all the positions mentioned.

Guess @Rex Banner knows even better

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
https://www.gunnerstown.com/arsenal...o-be-the-next-gooner-off-the-lorient-express/

This was written back in Feb, I believe we we're linked in January or the previous summer. Feel like I saw a few reports saying Sven was interested bringing in Guen and ACM.

I said I thought we could fill our winger problems bringing in a 'Guen' type signing and having Reiss back meaning we could use those extra funds to sort the defence and midfield out.

If Sven is interested then so am I, there was loads of hype about this guy a while back and was heavily linked with PSG. Could be one to watch.

"Alexis" Claude Maurice - mixed feelings, love the latter, but not too sure about the "Alexis" part

But Claude Maurice certainly has potential for a great fan chant

Thanks for the insight ;)

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Whichever defender we get in must be several levels above Mustaqfi, whom I certain the club will shift. But I'm not being filled with confidence with the names linked. I know nothing of Kannemann but he's not the age of defender we need & just had a spinal injury which will keep him out for 6 weeks. Alternatively, there's Umtiti whose quality needs no debate but he's got glass knees.

We should avoid these crocks & look for young, fit & reliable defenders.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I like that were being linked to loads of players as we dont look desperate, so clubs can bend us over!!

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Sounds like a very versatile player who could fill any of a few roles as needed. Interesting that the interviewee thinks his best position will be behind the striker, so ultimately he might end up there in a 4-2-3-1. Sounds like the sort of player who would fit that spot in Emery's system. I liked the stuff about the pass angles and the ball sticking to his feet. That's actually Özil-like.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I really do miss a player-profile like RVP.

As much as I did not really like him as a character, he offered such unique traits.

Having a striker who also knows how to play the deeper lying role can also really be extremely vital

GDeep™

League is very weak
Maxi Gomez looks interesting, only 22, target man type, and already been banging in goals and assists for two seasons in a top league.

Rare profile.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What do people think about Sarr? Not seen enough of him but he looks like he can play both flanks and up front.

Not too expensive.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He's very versatile and can play as a RB, defender, DM or CM.

He personally prefers playing as a CM and had his role models with Gerrard, Yaya and the likes.
He ain't huge, but always deems a real presence on the field.

Good tackler, good anticipation, good allround play and can go past players with his dynamic style. Pretty reliable on all the positions mentioned.

Guess @Rex Banner knows even better

I think he’d go to another level in the PL, it’s frustrating because he’s so good at breaking lines and roaming but we don’t let him do it much.

Very good technically and an underrated passer, think he can play a pivot role in a possession based team as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom