• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,312

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Yeah and your post was of great substance "nOt pL LeVeL", despite being the first man on the field by both Wenger and Emery, captaining his national team, his former club and soon Arsenal.
I told that he was not PL level and gave reasons to support it. Last year, he made four stupid mistakes which directly led to goals. And this doesn't include the penalties he conceded. He might be even worse than Mustafi in this matter. I claimed that no team in PL would stick to such a player.
Wenger obviously trusted him. We paid 35M for him. He started under both Emery and Wenger because we didn't have better option. Even Mustafi's name was first on the sheet when Wenger was here. Doesn't make him a good player. Both of them are dross and have to be sold.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Neto will be good backup but he starter for Valencia and they just qualify to CL. Not going to happen

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Many clubs want our young players because they impressive would loan him at Monaco.
It's as I've been saying - they want to compete and they'll actively look to leave the PL to do it. A lot of clubs are gonna lose star talent because of fear.

That said, not sure he would go to those 2 teams. But a bunch of them are definitely considering their options. I knew the reluctance to play some of them would lead to this. Let's see how this plays out.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's a difficult balance to strike. Appeasing fans by making signings and appeasing academy players. Personally I'm more of a buy them ready made and sell off the academy players unless they are extra special. If they are then they'll get into the first team. As it stands with the exception of Bellerin (and most of his youth development was done elsewhere) and AMN weve struggled to really bring through players in recent years that look like they can make the grade.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
It's a difficult balance to strike. Appeasing fans by making signings and appeasing academy players. Personally I'm more of a buy them ready made and sell off the academy players unless they are extra special. If they are then they'll get into the first team. As it stands with the exception of Bellerin (and most of his youth development was done elsewhere) and AMN weve struggled to really bring through players in recent years that look like they can make the grade.

Agree, we need to use our academy as another source of income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom