• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why? They are giving us a fair prize. Half of what AWB went for and we are being dickheads about it.

I suspect team hate dealing with us. We are very disrespective.
wtf are you talking about? we paid what they value him 25M they just want more money upfront.

Hooplehead

Celtic signed Turnbull until he failed a medical. They werent prepared to pay more for McGinn (and also Rodgers had bought a load of duds and needed to sell some before buying). McKenna :lol: i wouldnt say Celtics goal is to hoover up the best talent in Scotland but further afield. Thats where theyve had most joy but when you operate on that budget then you will invariably buy duds. Arsenal bought duds at 35m. Price isnt always an indicator of quality.

Celtic finished 9 points ahead of Rangers and done a treble, again. They are and remain streets ahead of Rangers. Rangers have improved and Celtic had their worst season in a while last season. From losing Dembele, the Boyata situation,to the Rodgers situation. Player burn out from playing every domestic game 3 seasons in a row, plus CL qualifiers, European games and the players on international duty. The squad is absolutely busted. And still they won everything domestically and finished 9 points above Rangers :lol:.

Anyway. Back to Arsenal.
When i said hoover up the best young talent, I meant at youth level, not so much established players like McGinn and McKenna, there's not as much value or resale in them so we'll only go for them at a price we like.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Please let be the last time we buy player from Scotland

Bit of a baity tweet. If you read the full quote it seems like he was asked if our bid was disrespectful because of how much Bissaka went for.

"We can't do anything about what clubs do in England," he said.

"£50m for [Aaron] Wan-Bissaka is a lot of money and we feel that Kieran is a far more experienced and rounded full-back at this juncture in his career.

"He's an asset for us and we do have a value for the player and we rate the player very highly.

"So disrespectful is the wrong word but we're certainly not going to be pushed over in any negotiations and we're in a very strong position with regard to a number of our assets in the team."

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Ridiculous money to spend on a position thats not one of our most problematic positions.

Spend it on:
Aarons or Alves.
Soares or Malcom or Ceballos
Saliba

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Yet you keep coming back, don't you have an ignore feature?
I shouldn't have too in this instance. Whilst this may be a transfer linked with a Celtic player, it is still an Arsenal forum and me and everyone else don't want to hear about your dealings as it's of no consequence to us in anyway. To read about some 25 year old you signed from Ross County for £3.25 million is rather boring.

I don't blame you per se, you're being allowed to get away with it.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Of course its a problematic position, Collosalsnatch is terrible.

Was in majority of posters top 5 players for us last season in the thread. Back uped by a solid player in Nacho.

Tierney is a very good player but has only played SPL and is very injury prone. Big gamble and bit of waste of money when you consider other positions more urgently require strengthening.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Was in majority of posters top 5 players for us last season in the thread. Back uped by a solid player in Nacho.

Tierney is a very good player but has only played SPL and is very injury prone. Big gamble and bit of waste of money when you consider other positions more urgently require strengthening.

Koa is very solid as a wingback, but not in a back 4 what we should 100% opt for. There he's basically disastrous.

He's one of the worst defenders in the league. Even lost further mobility since moving to the PL.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Seeing enough signs that Unite dhave ****ed the market again. We should be moving significantly faster in transfer windows.

Heard celtic board were stockpiling cash to fend off compen claims for sex abuse victims... And lawwell has hired a pr firm working to deflect the fallout...

Then you heard wrong.

Just as the New Rangers/Sevco 5088 can't be held liable for the abuse scandal that engulfed Ibrox during the Old Rangers' regime - hence the referral of victims to the liquidators - neither can Celtic FC be held liable for what happened at a separate company.

Hooplehead

I shouldn't have too in this instance. Whilst this may be a transfer linked with a Celtic player, it is still an Arsenal forum and me and everyone else don't want to hear about your dealings as it's of no consequence to us in anyway. To read about some 25 year old you signed from Ross County for £3.25 million is rather boring.

I don't blame you per se, you're being allowed to get away with it.
Just as well i'm not looking for your permission then.

Click that ignore button, only thing I can remember you contributing isn't worth repeating.

Then you heard wrong.

Just as the New Rangers/Sevco 5088 can't be held liable for the abuse scandal that engulfed Ibrox during the Old Rangers' regime - hence the referral of victims to the liquidators - neither can Celtic FC be held liable for what happened at a separate company.
That's the crucial issue though - were they separate? If you read some of the source material at the time of Torbett et al, including Celtic view - they are not really spoken about in separate terms. I don't know either way, just going on what I've been told and read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom