• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,312

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner-Union

def need a cb. ake would be around 50 mil and could compliment saliba well
tah would be great but also expensive
not sure who we will get atm but we def need a good cb

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I know that so why would Ornstein say we're looking for a centre-half? I presume he didn't and he's being misquoted, which only shows how poor AFCstuff is
Orny said after the pepe deal Arsenal will be looking to strength thier defense they hope to add center back befote deadline day and maintain interest on celtic LB Tierney

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Pepe signing was fun but this window has been bad for this coming season, if we don't push through with LB and CB then the club have more or less written this season off

During the infamous Q&A Raul used the old "Like a new signing" thing when he talked about Chambers and Holding. Lets hope he wasnt serious.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

For those that need reminding despite the fact they were young at the time, the Chambers and Holding partnership were ripped to shreds against Liverpool a few seasons back. I don’t think Chambers has improved since then especially as a CB.

On another note - Theo was a deadly finisher from the right. I would have actually preferred keeping him instead of Mkhitaryan tbh.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We'll get Tierney in not sure about CB we need to be sure we'll sell kosh mustafi before getting one

Divided_Pie

Considering the fact that fullbacks are the most crucial position in Emery's setup, this window will be a failure unless we at least get a first choice LB in.

Malky

Established Member

For those that need reminding despite the fact they were young at the time, the Chambers and Holding partnership were ripped to shreds against Liverpool a few seasons back. I don’t think Chambers has improved since then especially as a CB.

On another note - Theo was a deadly finisher from the right. I would have actually preferred keeping him instead of Mkhitaryan tbh.
Chambers is crap, the guy has been at Arsenal for 5 years and if you had to count the amount of convincing performances he's had in that time you'd struggle to make double figures.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He’d do much better than Mkhitaryan and would have provided us with a bigger threat on the counter.

Theo > Mkhitaryan any day of the week.

Theo was huge on counter attacks and helped using the full width of the pitch, it was against lower league teams that sit back 90 minutes where we got thirsty for a Mahrez/Pepe/Zaha kind of player.

A massive weapon to have in transition he was

MikeVinna

Established Member
Well this window seems to be ending in disappointment. Thought we’d snap up Tierney quickly after Pepe and getting rid of some of the dross we have in the squad. And then make some final moves for a CB.

Now it appears we should be happy with any signing for our flailing defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom