• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,312

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steps

The backup to end all backups is off the table. Cahill as a free agent would have been available beyond this Thursday. Maybe this is a sign regarding our seriousness in chasing a top quality permanent CB transfer.

"Won the race" How many clubs were linked to him? None as far as I know.

oPPnDgE.jpg

Last edited:

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Maybe wrong but wasn’t interested in signing Upamecano at the beginning of the off season. I know we signed saliba instead but I wonder if we circle back round and see if he would be interested in signing.

Can't blame him for now being interested after seeing the moves we've made this window.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Gotta be the CB for me considering everything including current injury status and the fact that Tierney is an easier deal to do in Jan or next summer.

Gunner-Union

I vote for dayot as our cb are not good enough atm. Tierney would be great and it’s not an easy choice tbh. Just think a top cb can improve us a little more than a lb.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
We've cleared the following wages already:
Ramsey - £140K
Welbeck - £100K
Cech - £100K
Ospina - £60K

£400K wages freed

We could also potentially shift the following wages
Kos - £90K
Mustafi - £90K
Jenks - £40K
Chambers? - £40K

Additional £260K wages to be freed....

We've added the following wages
Pepe - £90K
Ceballos - £90K?

Potentially adding
Tierney - £70K
Dayot - £90K

That's probably £340K added to the wage bill but a net reduction of £60K to £320K (which is £17M) cleared from the wage bill.

Its 7/10 if we get Tierney and Upamecano. 9/10 if we sell the bums Mustafi, Elneny and Mikitaryan. 10/10 if we manage to get rid of either Laca and Xhaka too.

5/10 if we only get one of Tierney and Upamecano. 3/10 if we get neither.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We've cleared the following wages already:
Ramsey - £140K
Welbeck - £100K
Cech - £100K
Ospina - £60K

£400K wages freed

We could also potentially shift the following wages
Kos - £90K
Mustafi - £90K
Jenks - £40K
Chambers? - £40K

Additional £260K wages to be freed....

We've added the following wages
Pepe - £90K
Ceballos - £90K?

Potentially adding
Tierney - £70K
Dayot - £90K

That's probably £340K added to the wage bill but a net reduction of £60K to £320K (which is £17M) cleared from the wage bill.

Ceballos is on £60k.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I love the ambition and intend, I love the targets who are actually of high profile or potential and I love that we finally know which positions are in need of an upgrade, but this window just isn't good enough just yet.

A CB and a LB is a must, it's always been like that, we've just been a bit over the moon with Pepe. Ceballos was just super clever also.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Its 7/10 if we get Tierney and Upamecano. 9/10 if we sell the bums Mustafi, Elneny and Mikitaryan. 10/10 if we manage to get rid of either Laca and Xhaka too.

Why would we want to get rid of Laca now? Clearly haven't affected our ability to buy a quality winger.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

11/10 if Emery is sacked and Ljungberg takes over, 12/10 if you get banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom