• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Super Cup: Liverpool vs Chelsea

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

They seem to lack agility there.

Honest question here because a lot of people have been calling out Liverpool's lack of technicality in midfield, but is their midfield actually that good? Beyond "grit", "passion" and other intangibles....

You always have to wonder when Klopps teams start to fall apart. They are on constant overdrive and with not many signings this summer and all the competitions they are in they might struggle.

But with that said they could just be still in pre-season and will still have good season.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Defence too, every game I've seen them this season and pre-season. Can not see them getting anywhere as close to the title this time.
My first time watching them since the CL final. Their defence is a bit shaky but it's the midfield that's leaking like a sieve.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No sure what the problem is, they were good enough last year.

Just imbalanced. Centre back playing right back. Centre mid playing left wing and no real centre forward. Vs lower league opposition that gets you a win. Vs top 6 who can transition it's a major problem when you can't hold the ball up top.

Chelsea also being smart and sitting deep and pressing at the right time. It a going to take an individual error or brilliance to change the game for Liverpool. Don't think they will break Chelsea down through transition.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's so difficult to gauge how Chelsea will do this season, although personally I read very little into this match. The Super Cup is sort of halfway between a friendly and a competitive match. People are writing them off, but they have a good clutch of players of real quality: Kepa, Rudiger, Christensen, Azpilicueta, Kante, Jorginho, Pulisic...all players I'd happily have in my team.

On the other hand they have no proven prolific goalscorer and if things start going downhill then even very good players can go down with the ship.

Fingers crossed it's a clusterf*ck, obviously.

GunnerUK

Chelsea looking far superior here running Liverpool ragid you wouldn’t think this team were hammered 0-4 just a few days ago.

Something tells me we’re in for very exciting season this year. Don’t think it will be a 2 horse race like so many predict

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Naby Keita has been a waste really, seems to constantly be injured.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom