• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Super Cup: Liverpool vs Chelsea

GunnerUK

Not sure about Auba, guy looked like he was gonna **** himself for that NLD penalty. Tierney seems like he’s got bottle so yeah I agree.
He hasn’t taken that much penalties for us though has he. Some of the best always miss them.

I remember years ago when Henry missed one at Highbury 0-2 down to Inter Milan everybody said he bottled it. We know what happened in the return leg - he destroyed them

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Only one he's missed right?
Ederson saved one in 2018, we were down 3-0 at the time. Think he went for corner placement on that attempt rather than the looking the keeper in the eyes technique.

According to transfermarkt, he's converted 25 and missed 8 (including a couple makes in international friendlies, whereas all misses were in legitimate matches). Not automatic at the spot tbh.

JoaoFelix

Kante, Bobby Firmino were immense. I'll say it again but Watching Firmino play is such a pleasure. One of the best striker in the world.

LG10

Was hoping Lampard would be a hack but was very impressed with Chelsea today. They're absolutely superb on the ball but player quality will surely stop them from being a threat.

Brolin

Liverpool Fan
I find it hilarious how the Man City fans are getting triggered about the Liverpool fans treating this as a major trophy and the Community Shield just another friendly.

Quite obvious why the Super Cup is regarded by most as legitimate and the community shield the opposite.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Chelsea were playing very good yesterday fair credits for Lampard.
I sitll think Liverpools midfield is just not good enough.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I thought Xhaka reacted badly when pressed effectively but **** me Fabinho is something else.

I am actually confident to play pool for the first time in years. Our midfield will dominate theirs if we make the right selection ( Torreira with 2 out of our 3 effective pressers in Ceballos, Willock & Gunedouzi).

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Not sure about Auba, guy looked like he was gonna **** himself for that NLD penalty. Tierney seems like he’s got bottle so yeah I agree.

I am not confident when PEA takes a penalty, scored 5 & missed 2 for us ( for Dortmund he scored 6 & missed 5). Lacca seems a far more composed penalty taker than him (scored all 3 penalties for us). Pepe should be in for a shout for the duties considering he has scored 10 out of 11 penalites since playing Ligue 1.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I am not confident when PEA takes a penalty, scored 5 & missed 2 for us ( for Dortmund he scored 6 & missed 5). Lacca seems a far more composed penalty taker than him (scored all 3 penalties for us). Pepe should be in for a shout for the duties considering he has scored 10 out of 11 penalites since playing Ligue 1.
Totally agree.

We should also get Bellerin as first choice. :p

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom