• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Yeah, he gave more space to Robertson and TAA for their crossing in exchange to packing the middle and stopping Mane and Salah. Liverpool front three look better than ball is on the floor and their feet than it's in the air. We had dealt with every cross, albeit couple low crosses were more dangerous. We had the better chances. Plan worked until stupid corner and brain dead defending during it.

We didn't get a chance to see what plan B Emery had in mind, because we conceded stupid penalty with another brain dead play and from that moment our heads dropped and we were on the ropes.

We can't play against this Liverpool side away head to head. They would blow us away. We didn't even had full strength team.

Even Pep with his 1 billion squad can't do nothing against them at Anfield.

And Barcelona lost 4-0 there last season.

They are not unstoppable, we showed that for most of the first half and bar three mistakes, we competed well with them.

Of course we still need some additions on the player front, but with Emery in charge we should be able to move into third spot in terms of overall team strength.

Emery has work to do, but I think he is up to a fourth place challenge this year.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Results are more important than playing beautiful stuff i would take top 4 than playing great football and ends 6th

Oh I agree with you. What I mean is that considering his primary drive seems to be a defensive one, I'd like to see us look a lot more solid than we do. I don't think he got it tactically wrong today.
I'm sick of seeing us get walked all over cause we try and impose "our game" vs teams who are clearly ahead of us. What he was attempting was OK, it just needed better execution on the pitch.

say yes

forum master baiter
Yeah, he gave more space to Robertson and TAA for their crossing in exchange to packing the middle and stopping Mane and Salah. Liverpool front three look better than ball is on the floor and at their feet than it's in the air. We have dealt with every cross, albeit couple low crosses were more dangerous. We had the better chances. Plan worked until stupid corner and brain dead defending during it.

We didn't get a chance to see what plan B Emery had in mind, because very early in the second hald we conceded stupid penalty with another brain dead play and from that moment our heads dropped and we were on the ropes.

We can't play against this Liverpool side away head to head. They would blow us away. We didn't even had full strength team.

Even Pep with his 1 billion squad can't do nothing against them at Anfield.
Yep spot on.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Willing to give him the benefit of doubt for this one. Said before the game it's a freehit. Don't agree with some of his decisions during the game.
But he has to get it right next week. No excuses not to beat an immensely average Sp**s side.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
As a mild sceptic of Emery, I think criticism towards him today has been harsh. He was conservative but it was understandable and perhaps a necessary evil against one of the strongest teams in Europe.

I think there are things you could nitpick. Starting Xhaka was expected but arguably not a great decision. That's the biggest one arguably. Everything else was minor IMO. Ceballos having the game he had today was somewhat unforeseen aswell due to his performance last week.

I'll hold off on the criticism until later. Today isn't the day for me.

JoaoFelix

Big fraud. If Wenger would have pulled this kind of tactic, he'd got trashed. How many away games we won with this manager? It was the same with PSG. Emery never wins big game away.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Great manager.

Keep going, Unai.

giphy.webp

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's not the level this club should be aspiring to. We're starting to sign players more of the calibre required and I hope we follow that with a manager of that ilk. Far too often he gives the impression that there are matches he can use to experiment in. I don't think he felt we had a hope in hell against Liverpool today and his setup echoed that. This squad even at less than full strength in defense today should be capable of giving any squad on earth a game and doing so without cowering behind the ball like some relegation side. He's a guy who will overachieve in a cup with a midtable club and then crash and burn when the expectations are ratcheted up. Every big game team sheet looks like he picked the names out of a hat and hoped for the best. If he gets top 4 this year it's solely because Chelsea and United have failed to improve and Raul has done a nice job in the market.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Wrong tactics and selection

As I said before apart from a slightly better cohesiveness I see no positive improvements over le ancient regime.
When we do good it is most often down to individual achievements,

Nothing that warrants more time, and noone has been able to pinpoint reasons to why he should be given more time...
He fails to incorporate our best players, No player has shown drastic improvements
He has given time to youngsters just like the oldtimmer.

We have deep old wounds, but regardless of the old saying time does NOT heal all wounds!

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Will wait until next week to judge his outlook for this season, but if he again sets up like a ***** for NLD at home and we drop points then I'll start seriously getting worried about this season.

Going forward he needs to sort out he midfield though, both Guen and Xhaka in the line-up is a losing combo. Neither can really help defensively and Guen can't offer anything going forward either.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Last time we beat them 4-2 at home and were just a better placed PK short of beating them away....Emery knows how to beat Poch.

Manberg

Predator
I dislike his tactics today but I'm not going to judge his ability to manage in a game against Pool away. Sp**s will be a big test and he has to deliver again (as he did last season).

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Will wait until next week to judge his outlook for this season, but if he again sets up like a ***** for NLD at home and we drop points then I'll start seriously getting worried about this season.

Going forward he needs to sort out he midfield though, both Guen and Xhaka in the line-up is a losing combo. Neither can really help defensively and Guen can't offer anything going forward either.

We should never field Xhaka and Douzi together, not in hard games like Liverpool away, nor against midtable teams or smaller teams, never basically. They just don't complement each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom