• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I don't understand what happened to the guy. In the beginning of last season (first 2-3 months) we played a much more coherent game, especially in the 2nd halves.

He must go as soon as possible, there is no way he would ever challenge for trophies with us. We need a more visionary, motivational coach for this group of players.
I think he just lost the players. Look at what we think of him on his interviews, he makes no sense. Imagine if you were a player that had to work with him everyday. I’m sure they tried, but after a while they gave up, and I can’t blame them.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Anybody still defending this absolute ***** now is themselves an absolute *****. It is beyond pathetic an embarrassing now..

Moah

With Wenger at least we had a beautiful football to fallback on when we lose games, now it's **** football with **** results. I can't see any reason for us to stick with Emery any longer.

Emery, just bottle it against Leicester and give us all a break from this mediocrity.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
With Wenger at least we had a beautiful football to fallback on when we lose games, now it's **** football with **** results. I can't see any reason for us to stick with Emery any longer.

Emery, just bottle it against Leicester and give us all a break from this mediocrity.
The football under Wenger was mostly rubbish from at least 2015 onwards.

But under Emery it's been a whole new level of trash.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
What happened is easy to explain: in Emery's system the most important players are the full backs since build up from the wings is a big part of his philosophy. The board screwed up when they sold Monreal for nothing (one of the dumbest transfer moves ever in the club's history) and Tierney hasn't been good enough to fill the void. Meanwhile AMN and Kola's poor form this season means they can't be relied on. Without quality full backs Emery's entire system collapses like a house of cards.
Monreal was awful last season, what are you talking about? KT just arrived also, have some patience ffs.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
When you have to Claim that the Absence of one or two specific Players is the reason for the whole Team and System looking terrible, then the Problem lies with the Manager.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This thread's gone OTT. Reminds me of the Wenger hate.

As someone who believes that the quality of the squad is the largest single determinant of where you'll end up, I'm not so passionate about bashing Emery.

He won the league with PSG, and that's because he had a great squad, regardless of his abilities. Proof that the quality of the players count for more.

Emery's weaknesses are 1) his terrible communication skills, 2) his apparent inability to connect with players and 3) dithering over finding his best players/formation.

But our squad is partly to blame for the latter. We have a plethora of good forwards, an average midfield and car crash CBs with a makeshift RB.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This thread's gone OTT. Reminds me of the Wenger hate.

As someone who believes that the quality of the squad is the largest single determinant of where you'll end up, I'm not so passionate about bashing Emery.

He won the league with PSG, and that's because he had a great squad, regardless of his abilities. Proof that the quality of the players count for more.

Emery's weaknesses are 1) his terrible communication skills, 2) his apparent inability to connect with players and 3) dithering over finding his best players/formation.

But our squad is partly to blame for the latter. We have a plethora of good forwards, an average midfield and car crash CBs with a makeshift RB.
To be honest those 3 points you list are pretty bad for a football coach, let alone an elite coach.

In principle I agree with you that overall player quality is important, especially over a season, but the coach still needs to be good at the three points you list to be successful.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I just feel bad for him... its not on Emery any more as a dead duck with a break clause 6 months away.

Pay the man rather than just treading water. Stop taking the cheap & easy option.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What if the club have someone in mind but can’t get them till the summer? If so, you probably drag out this Emery situation until it gets to ‘season about to collapse’ stage.

We’re nearly there though, yesterday was bad.

What if the club have someone in mind but can’t get them till the summer? If so, you probably drag out this Emery situation until it gets to ‘season about to collapse’ stage.

I like the idea of that mate!

Brendan in summer 2020! :drool::drool:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

They could easily find someone who would come in on an interim basis. Someone like Rafa Benitez or even (God forbid) Laurent Blanc could see the Arsenal job as the platform to put themselves in the shop window to get a big job in the summer of 2020.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Well, then you could just try Arteta or Ljungberg for the remainder, nothing different as to what Wenger is supposed to do - they will look for a younger coach in the summer.

Everything is better than Emery at this point in time, he's lost the team, we get better just by mere change, similarly to what 'Ole's at the wheel' was all about in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom