• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
This one’s for you ****tards that kept defending him, you know **** all about football.

I keep seeing posts like these lately. As if the fact Emery failed somehow justifies being too trigger happy to get rid of the manager. Or if you defended him at some point it proves you were wrong all along.

Don't know about others but I have been consistent with my points. Like any manager that comes in I was going to give him time. Wouldn't really make a judgement until his 2nd season and he has had 2-3 tranfer windows to bring in his own players. Unless of course we were way down the table.

The facts of the matter are after his first season Emery finished 1 point off the top 4 with an European final. He took over a 6th placed team and finished 5. Our squad at that time was also clearly the 6th best squad in the league.

That under most sensible criterias is good enough to get a shot to see what he could do with a better squad and time.

The fact that some people (not you) are now patting themselves on the back because they were calling for Emery to be sacked mid way through last season doesn't make them right. To me it is similar like some people have already written off Pepe, categorically saying he will turn out to be a flop. If that turns out to be the case, would we be praising them for their insight? I wouldn't, because they jumped the gun. Again being too quick to jump to conclusions.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Nothing he says will change anything, so it doesn't matter. Only way he can turn it around is by going on a winning run, which is unlikely.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is pretty bad now, but I have been saying that for a few weeks and the club hasn’t got rid. Don’t know what’s the point of holding on to him.

pikey2000

if we lose against Leicester and the board leave him in the position it will be borderline negligent on their behalf, as much as i want the team to be successful and win where possible, i'm almost willing us to drop more points against Leicester so that we can release him and move on from what has now become a circus show.

Pepes blue pill

Dont worry my amigos, he is finished, the trigger will be pulled and we shall raise again

Emery and xhaka are gonna go in the same season :Celebration::Celebration::Celebration:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I keep seeing posts like these lately. As if the fact Emery failed somehow justifies being too trigger happy to get rid of the manager. Or if you defended him at some point it proves you were wrong all along.

Don't know about others but I have been consistent with my points. Like any manager that comes in I was going to give him time. Wouldn't really make a judgement until his 2nd season and he has had 2-3 tranfer windows to bring in his own players. Unless of course we were way down the table.

The facts of the matter are after his first season Emery finished 1 point off the top 4 with an European final. He took over a 6th placed team and finished 5. Our squad at that time was also clearly the 6th best squad in the league.

That under most sensible criterias is good enough to get a shot to see what he could do with a better squad and time.

The fact that some people (not you) are now patting themselves on the back because they were calling for Emery to be sacked mid way through last season doesn't make them right. To me it is similar like some people have already written off Pepe, categorically saying he will turn out to be a flop. If that turns out to be the case, would we be praising them for their insight? I wouldn't, because they jumped the gun. Again being too quick to jump to conclusions.
Pepe is great, no worries there.

Emery is a fraud. Don’t tell me he was one point away from top 4. He had like 8 easy chances to make it but our finish to the season was relegation worthy.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
First time this season I'm actually angry at the team. Before I was sort of resigned to wait, I thought I could.

Might have to stop watching games if they're going to be this bad.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Pepe is great, no worries there.

Emery is a fraud. Don’t tell me he was one point away from top 4. He had like 8 easy chances to make it but our finish to the season was relegation worthy.

I'm just saying considering everything. He didn't do so bad that it warranted getting sacked after 1 season.

Now if the results and performances were like how they are this season, then there would be no doubt he needed to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom