• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
It is a foregone conclusion that in the next few days Emery will be gone.
Decent man but not a good fit and not an Arsenal manager caliber.
Two things for fans to keep in mind though, first, there no need & no point to be disrespectful to him or to mock him because of his accent or whathaveyou. That is totally uncalled for.
Second point, no miracle worker, or new manager in that case, can quickly come in and fix the mess that is AFC these days. Contrary to popular opinion, this squad is not that good. We have very few top players in that group. The 5 central defenders are, to various degrees, average to mediocre. Our central midfielders are a bunch of misfits. The forwards may be the silver linings although I don't believe the Auba-Laca pairing is a good set up. There is a lot of work and pain ahead before we get back to a top 4 competitive level.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If Freddie does well, just don’t give him the job.

Golden rule of caretaker managers.

I really can’t see them giving it to him for the rest of the season. Maybe if people like Allegri and Poch weren’t on the market but I think they’ll want someone in straight away. People say they might wait until the summer but what does that change? Tuchel might become available but that’s about it. Every other manager will need to be bought out of their contract and people like Haag don’t really seem like Raul type managers.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It is a foregone conclusion that in the next few days Emery will be gone.
Decent man but not a good fit and not a Arsenal manager caliber.
Two things for fans to keep in mind though, first, there no need & no point to be disrespectful to him or to mock him because of his accent or whathaveyou. That is totally uncalled for.
Second point, no miracle worker, or new manager in that case, can quickly come in and fix the mess that is AFC these days. Contrary to popular opinion, this squad is not that good. We have very few top players in that group. The 5 central defenders are, to various degrees, average to mediocre. Our central midfielders are a bunch of misfits. The forwards may be the silver linings although I don't believe the Auba-Laca pairing is a good set up. There is a lot of work and pain ahead before we get back to a top 4 competitive level.
The more people tell me not to mock him, the more I want to. It's English, not mandarin it's not that hard so good ****ing ebening to you.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
ORNY !!!!

Exclusive: Emery likely to be sacked as Arsenal head coach today

It is becoming increasingly likely that Unai Emery will be sacked as Arsenal head coach today after 18 months in charge.

The 48-year-old Spaniard succeeded Arsène Wenger on May 23, 2018 and led the club to the Europa League final last season.

They spent heavily in the summer transfer window and made a reasonable start to this campaign, losing only one of 11 matches.

But an alarming dip in form and confidence has seen the Gunners fail to record a victory across seven games in all competitions and amid growing discontent among players, staff and supporters, speculation over Emery’s future has intensified.

With the former Valencia, Sevilla and Paris Saint-Germain boss under contract until 2021, he was given the full support of Arsenal’s hierarchy in both public and private. The intention of the club was to review the situation next summer.

But last Thursday’s abject defeat by Eintracht Frankfurt at a sparsely-populated Emirates Stadium is set to prove the final straw.

It is understood that in the dressing room afterwards, Emery told his players to forget about the Frankfurt result because Sunday’s trip to Norwich carried far greater importance. He had no reason to think he would not be in charge at Carrow Road.

However, it is expected that he will be relieved of his duties imminently, with assistant first-team coach Freddie Ljungberg the obvious candidate to take control of the team on a temporary basis.

https://theathletic.com/1418931/201...plan_id=45&shared_by_name=V&shared_by=2506655

Wizzard

I really can’t see them giving it to him for the rest of the season. Maybe if people like Allegri and Poch weren’t on the market but I think they’ll want someone in straight away. People say they might wait until the summer but what does that change? Tuchel might become available but that’s about it. Every other manager will need to be bought out of their contract and people like Haag don’t really seem like Raul type managers.

Freddy doesn't have the badges. He can only be in charge for 3 weeks i think.

Ewarwoowar

Horror show!!!

200.gif

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ornstein says nothing about a successor in the Athletic.

Only says Freddie will take over for Norwich.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
The squad isn't amazing, but we shouldn't be playing like a Bottom 5 team all the time, that's on Emery.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The decision makers are a joke, they've ruined a salvageable season. Proven they have no ambition and we're probably ****ed while they remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom