• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Like I said in the transfer thread just steal some young Leicester talents, guys like Ndidi (best defensive stats of the PL), James Maddinson (all-rounded creative midfielder) and Soyuncu (one of the promising CB in Europe).

Then you can buy a good prospect for the right back side and some energetic midfield dude to give the team some combat and create some depth, looking to the cheap South American market here, Yan Couto and Gregore from Bahia.

Arsenal has actually some good youngsters (played with a lot of youngsters this match)

Special mention to Saka and Martinelli according to this site.

Also the first team wasn't too bad, it is the 5º with the highest GI with 150.

This Arsenal with the right reinforcements in the right positions, with the natural development of the youth players, plus playing some useful squad players like Leno, Auba, could compete for the title in the coming years. Arsenal now is clearly having a lower performance than the expected, but the tendency is with a average coach that will return to the normal.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
I meant RB, i`m no fan of Bellerin. I have always liked Mourinho, and i think it was a mistake by the board not to hire him as our interim before we sacked Emery and before he was catched up by Sp**s.

Always? I guess that tell me everything i need to know about you. Bellerin did well before his injury last season and need time to find his top level again. I will put you on ignore now so dont answer this.

Joestlaachmkr

Like I said in the transfer thread just steal some young Leicester talents, guys like Ndidi (best defensive stats of the PL), James Maddinson (all-rounded creative midfielder) and Soyuncu (one of the promising CB in Europe).
Those three players would prob cost as much our whole squad bar Auba.

isop

Based on what?

Sure, his last big trophy was a whopping two years ago. But he's managing frickin' Napoli. He's not coaching a club that even approaches the talent that Juventus has, yet in 2018 he gave them one hell of a run for the title with 91 points. If he can do that at age 58, there's no reason to think the bottom has dropped out at 60.

That was Sarri, not Ancelotti. Ancelotti finished 11 points behind Juve last season. And the team was actually quite talented. Mertens, Insigne, Callejon, Hamsik, Koulibaly, Allan, Ghoulam, Zielinski, Milik, a good amount of talent to work with there.

For me he does seem to be past his best. He came in after Guardiola, continued reasonably well for the first season but the players got bored of his languid training sessions after the intensity and attention to detail of Guardiola, even organizing their own private sessions behind his back. I know player power with the senior players was a problem but you'd expect a manager of his stature to have dealt with that.

At Napoli, he had an ok first season but has severely underwhelmed this season, as if the players are not responding to him anymore.

I think he's still a decent coach, and he's adaptable in the sense that he changes his formation/tactics to suit the players he has, but he seems to be a manager on the way down. It feels like a safe, predictable appointment. I think we need to find someone who can really light up this team, make a more dynamic appointment.

I don't want Arteta because we haven't seen what he can do as a manger yet. He needs to do what Guardiola, Zidane, Lampard, Gerrard, Van Bronckhorst and even Vieria have done, earn their stripes in a lower league first, or lower standard of league, then we can see what they can do. Veiria doesn't seem to be of the required level at the moment either.

I'm not against age either. I'm in favour of guys like Gasperini, Rangnick, Jorge Jesus, Setien, Genesio, Blanc, Gallardo, mostly guys in their 60s, if they were available and wanted the job, because of their quality attacking football and their abilities to galvanize a team, especially making them greater than the sum of their parts.

Last edited:

clovis

Didn't Ancelotti had problems with Özil when he took over Real Madrid?

Having problems with our chief pu$$y and forcing him out of the club would be the only positive outcome of hiring a washed up Ancelotti..

in fact any manager who comes in will have to kick Özil out.. Emery was on the right track as far as freezing him out was concerned but eventually he succumbed to the pressure and criticism of Özil ass lickers.

clovis

It's easy to say "give it Arteta" when you don't risk anything.

neither is the club. This is the lowest that we can sink considering our finances and stature. We won’t get relegated even if Raul decides to become the manager himself...

If Arteta fails we will stay where we are but there is hope that he will be the next big thing in management and will end up transforming us..

With Ancelotti you know what you are getting in 2020.. a steady but unspectacular hand. If you want to finish 6th, 7th or 8th every season than he is a good option. An outdated manager who can’t compete with the likes of Pep and Klopp and even Mourinho.

Kav

Established Member
The way some of you lot are going on about hair dryers you would think we are primed for a Hollywood hairstylist to come in and manage the squad. Smh. People taking a term of phrase far too serious without knowing what it means.

Being tough on players is different from throwing things at them and in this day and age that doesn’t work on most players. Stop taking Ferguson’s actions as gospel. If any of you even had the slightest experience in coaching you would know it’s not as easy as it suggests.

80% of coaching is knowing your players and your opponents. The rest is technical and tactical.

As for the topic. Ancelotti is now available and it would be good if we got him. If not Marcelinho or bielsa would be my choices if I were to magically have a say in choosing the next manager.

In any case I just hope that the next one is competent and can revitalize this squad.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Funny how you got a "thorough" process of 3 stages which includes a final visit at the Kroenke's in America, but Ancelotti just doesn't apply to these rules, I guess :lol:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Don't think we'll have a new manager soon, he'll get the same interview and will be thrown in with 1-2 other names to decide.

Next week, the week after..

Didn't know yesterday was Napoli's first win after 9 games without - basically mirrors what we just had :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We're like a ship becalmed in the ocean due to an inefficacious board.

They proved their incompetence earlier in the year when they should've sacked Emery after the Europa League Final.

Not because of that loss, shameful as it was, but because of 1 point out of 6 collected against Palace & Brighton at home which cost us a place in the top 4.

He should've been sacked & promptly replaced with Antonio Conte.

Last edited:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Simeone for me, been hoping he comes here for years now.

Not only do I like his management style I like his presence on the touchline, his passion and just general South American 'heat', I think it inspires when you have a manager who is fighting with you.

I find his style like he is setting up for war, solidifies the defence and hits you hard on the attack. Also hope he just clears out a lot of the coasters in our squad too.

His big bad ass bear German Burgos of an assistant is a bonus too, guy looks like a Danny Trejo type :lol:, love his 'my job, telling Simeone the truth', that would be needed here.

Also love the black gangsta suits they wear as well..

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Those three players would prob cost as much our whole squad bar Auba.

It could probably cost around 200 million, but that's it, if you want to fight with the elite you have to buy the right players for the right positions, and these players could make a difference in team, good level, excellent age and already established in the league, you will be buying players 23-24 years old who are unlikely to devalue in the next five years.

Arsenal would need to sell players too, Xhaka, one between Lacazette and Auba, plus some defenders, Özil if possible too to make cash.

Ewarwoowar

I aint potty for recent Celotti, strikes me as a pipe and slippers man, he's become too comfortable in his own skin, phoning his performance in, living off of a phat CV, I want a guy who will bleed red, not wet the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom