• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Özil calling it "East turkestan" when the region is part of China is part of the problem here. If these people weren't going about trying to secede from China (as well as going around on stabbing and bombing sprees) maybe the Chinese wouldn't be reacting as strongly as they are. This is the PRC they don't *****foot around terrorists in those parts.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This is a ridiculous debate, why should a sports team get involved in politics?

Its like opening pandora's box, and in most situations you are going to anger a section of society. A sports team should play sports; the only things they should be getting involved in is preventing homophobia and especially racism.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Quite a lot of reports the game has been cancelled on Chinese State Channel CCTV. Seems legit and verified. They are now replaying the sp*rs game instead :lol:

Not sure how I feel about one individual unilaterally deciding (albeit inadvertently) for all Arsenal and Man City fans whether they can view a game or not in that region. Seems a bit off and Ozils has a sh1t hot social media & PR team who could have easily forseen this fallout.

Let’s hope Arsenal are back on TV in this region soon for all the fans out there. I guess this may also potentially affect some streams for tomorrow.

Last edited:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
the only things they should be getting involved in is preventing homophobia and especially racism.
Apparently, if they're going to get involved in racism and anti-gay stuff, then they should also be getting involved in religious issues too, because there's no difference, or something.... :lol:

Club should force Özil to put a disclaimer on his social media accounts, or ban him from using them. He does a lot of good, but he needs to remember who he represents and the potential repercussions. He needs to also try not be a big fat hypocrite as well. Yeah, that too.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Özil calling it "East turkestan" when the region is part of China is part of the problem here. This is the PRC they don't *****foot around terrorists in those parts.
Bigotry. Shameful post.

If you can call those people terrorists, then he can call the region whatever he wants.

Apparently, if they're going to get involved in racism and anti-gay stuff, then they should also be getting involved in religious issues too, because there's no difference, or something....

Club should force Özil to put a disclaimer on his social media accounts, or ban him from using them. He does a lot of good, but he needs to remember who he represents and the potential repercussions. He needs to also try not be a big fat hypocrite as well. Yeah, that too.
He should definitely put a 'mature audience only' disclaimer, you seem to not know the definition of racism.

Or maybe it's not racist if a country does it.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He should definitely put a 'mature audience only' disclaimer, you seem to not know the definition of racism.

Or maybe it's not racist if a country does it.
I'm talking about racism in football. That's... football, the sport, if you were struggling. As I've stated, I'm not an advocate of the club sticking it's nose into issues around the world. I'll pass on the brush up on the definition of racism, thanks. I'll happily pay for your reading lessons though.

Your failure to see anything remotely wrong with what he does and willingness to condemn the clubs stance is as predictable as it is boring.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm talking about racism in football. That's... football, the sport, if you were struggling. .
You did not mention racism in sport initially. Better send me a divining board instead of the reading lessons, so I can understand what you mean.

Your failure to see anything remotely wrong with what he does and willingness to condemn the clubs stance is as predictable as it is boring.
I actually explicitly posted that AFC is in cahoots with Özil and deliberately staying away from this. Perhaps you could look it up before accusing me. Or perhaps you might take up the reading lessons yourself

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Quite a lot of reports the game has been cancelled on Chinese State Channel CCTV. Seems legit and verified. They are now replaying the sp*rs game instead :lol:

Not sure how I feel about one individual unilaterally deciding (albeit inadvertently) for all Arsenal and Man City fans whether they can view a game or not in that region. Seems a bit off and Ozils has a sh1t hot social media & PR team who could have easily forseen this fallout.

Let’s hope Arsenal are back on TV in this region soon for all the fans out there. I guess this may also potentially affect some streams for tomorrow.

Just highlights a much bigger issue in China and a lot of Chinese are nuanced enought to realise the big problem is state censorship not Özil .

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This is a ridiculous debate, why should a sports team get involved in politics?

Its like opening pandora's box, and in most situations you are going to anger a section of society. A sports team should play sports; the only things they should be getting involved in is preventing homophobia and especially racism.

That is also politics, though.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Özil calling it "East turkestan" when the region is part of China is part of the problem here. If these people weren't going about trying to secede from China (as well as going around on stabbing and bombing sprees) maybe the Chinese wouldn't be reacting as strongly as they are. This is the PRC they don't *****foot around terrorists in those parts.

Disgusting post

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
The club has prioritised cosy relations with China and its money over one of its own players highlighting the most widespread and systematic human rights abuses currently taking place anywhere in the world. However predictable it is, it's still f*cking shameful and indefensible.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Meh, the loss in Chinese revenue will be more than made up by the increase in revenues from muslims.

Not if the Saudis and UAE plus many others (not the turks though) have anything to do with it. They wholeheartedly agree with how China go about things in "East turkestan". Now the club have lost revenue because this f**king poison of a footballers loyalty is to Turkey and Turkish politicians. Says it all really why he needs to gtf out of Arsenal.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi

Poor Chinese fans don‘t get to watch football today :(

If only Özil didn‘t speak for the atrocities that are going on in that region, then they might have been able to be entertained today. **** Özil, the selfish clown. :mad:

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I assume the players have nothing in their contracts covering their social media at the mo... might in the future though. :lol:

Seen with the NBA a few months back how it can kick off with China. I was surprised the Hector #****Boris tweet was still up.

Bet Hector would have been more pissed if Corbyn got in and his taxes went up again though. Way more than his faux hipster rage anyway.

dbig

Poor Chinese fans don‘t get to watch football today :(

If only Özil didn‘t speak for the atrocities that are going on in that region, then they might have been able to be entertained today. **** Özil, the selfish clown. :mad:
He should have stuck to the atrocities happening to the Kurds in Turkey. Less people affected by the resulting controversy then.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

FFS, he really called it East Turkestan... bone headed move really. Huge difference between saying, "minority Uighur population in China" And " East Turkistan".

Considering he openly supports Pan-Turkish nationalism and with that,all the current **** that they are doing in Syria and against Kurds in Turkey, he can shut the **** up really.

He does great things for oprhans, homeless etc. But he needs to realize with politcs he should keep quiet or seriously look at his own politcal affiliations ( Erdogan was his best man at his wedding ffs). And that he is also using his social media, which is very much affiliated with his employer as a platform for his polotcal views.

Özil generally just pisses me off nowdays.:lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom