• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Bournemouth vs Arsenal | Thursday 26th December | KO: 15:00 | Amazon Prime

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 71 84.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Bournemouth Win

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

When someone gets banned usually people are intrigued to know why. I really wondered what Jury possibly could have said to be banned. It has stayed a secret, no one seems to know why. Also recently Mark Tobias was banned too, again no idea for what.

Yep. I got my conflicts with Jury, but people will wonder. Tobias is interesting too. I still liked both. Seemed to love the club.

Did they get triggered too much with the **** we are in? Only logical reason I can understand.

There might be no trolls but also trolls might have got them. Some mistakes anyway for sure.

Kysus

Wow
Sooooo impressive what Arteta has done in such a short time.
Xhaka/Torreira + tucked in AMN and Özil bossed the midfield. Positioning was so much better especially in possesion which immediately makes Luiz A LOT more valuable too.
Probably Torreira's best game in an arsenal shirt.
Tactically one of our best games in years.

The only thing we were lacking was decisiveness and confidence in the final third. Laca, Nelson and Saka really wasteful and no fluidity or connection yet.
That will come with time, especially with Martinelli and Pepe.

zilfy

Wow
Sooooo impressive what Arteta has done in such a short time.
Xhaka/Torreira + tucked in AMN and Özil bossed the midfield. Positioning was so much better especially in possesion which immediately makes Luiz A LOT more valuable too.
Probably Torreira's best game in an arsenal shirt.
Tactically one of our best games in years.

The only thing we were lacking was decisiveness and confidence in the final third. Laca, Nelson and Saka really wasteful and no fluidity or connection yet.
That will come with time, especially with Martinelli and Pepe.
It was great to see the midfield functioning for once, it's been so long!

As you say the real issue came from our front line, which can be remedied with better selections and hopefully a return to form for laca and auba

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

My thoughts on the match and a few players performances, I thought pretty much everyone showed a much improved performance & desire, passion. Like they wanted to play for the club, for each other since Emerys reign. A few things that let us down obviously was our shooting & crossing unfortunately.

Torreira is a proper DM & look at him, he was in position a lot & played a fantastic game, made a number of interceptions & tackles, he teamed up well with AMN at times in defense. Xhaka, he was in the game all the time, played a fair few faster & better passes, he still needs to do a bit in defense, hopefully that will come with time though. Özil, well what can I say, maybe Arteta is the best for him, he was absolutely fantastic, fast moving & a few pin point passes for possible assists. Hard to single out motm between himself, Torreira & Xhaka. Özil was pretty unlucky not to get any assists. Auba didn't have the best game but I thought he put in more then enough though. Pepe needs to start over Nelson I reckon. Lets just hope this is just the start, the players will keep this up.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

My thoughts on the match and a few players performances, I thought pretty much everyone showed a much improved performance & desire, passion. Like they wanted to play for the club, for each other since Emerys reign. A few things that let us down obviously was our shooting & crossing unfortunately.

I think there were positive signs. But what you say is usually expected after when a head coach is replaced who has lost the dressing room.

Did you see what OGS achieved when taking the wheel at United? Didn't make him a great coach for sure, mostly made Woodward look more of an idiot.

Although a bit same as Arsenal, you can't expect miracles with players like Lingard.

Anyway, onward and upwards! I trust in Arteta.

boyinneedofhumor

Yep. I got my conflicts with Jury, but people will wonder. Tobias is interesting too. I still liked both. Seemed to love the club.

Did they get triggered too much with the **** we are in? Only logical reason I can understand.

There might be no trolls but also trolls might have got them. Some mistakes anyway for sure.
I categorically deny having any involvement in either...

carlito'sway

Established Member
I wish Arteta had his first win but that was a much better performance overall and hopefully a sign of things to come. The midfield sep up was coherent and efficient with both Torrrerira and Xhaka playing well and Özil really pulling the strings.
Having said that, this team will only be as good as the sum of its talents and some of them are pretty limited. Arteta will definitely need to find a solution in central defense, Luiz & Sokratis are poor and offer no guarantee. Lacazette was calamitous and for my money should be sold. We could reinvest that money into a decent CB for a start. Auba should be playing as a CF. He is wasted on the wing. Some of the youngsters will also need to raise their game, Reis Nelson particularly.

I liked what I saw though and hope Arteta will be able to bring a couple of decent players this winter.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It was a far better performance than anything I've seen since about Napoli last year. Which doesn't necessarily mean much but still clear ideas, a good intensity, getting players between the lines an causing plenty of problems, good work rate. Still some of the same issues remain tho and it'll take time and changes in personnel to fix all that.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Which doesn't necessarily mean much but still clear ideas, a good intensity, getting players between the lines an causing plenty of problems, good work rate. Still some of the same issues remain tho and it'll take time and changes in personnel to fix all that.

I agree, having watched the recording, there were indications that the team has some structure in place and they were prepared in different scenarios. E.g. AMN coming inside when attacking, Xhaka going out at LB by end of second half, attacking through the middle, forward passes to run into ( not passes that the receiving players have to wait for and then start running)

Members here might downplay it as: it was just Bournemouth, a better opposition would never leave us so much space etc... but we're in a bad situation that the performance of yesterday was encouraging.

For a very long time we didn't get peppered with shots on goal. The Xhaka-Torreira pivot was very effective and Özil was majestic up until he got off. Shame that Laca forgot how to score, otherwise we'd be looking at a great result from yesterday.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I wish Arteta had his first win but that was a much better performance overall and hopefully a sign of things to come. The midfield sep up was coherent and efficient with both Torrrerira and Xhaka playing well and Özil really pulling the strings.
Having said that, this team will only be as good as the sum of its talents and some of them are pretty limited. Arteta will definitely need to find a solution in central defense, Luiz & Sokratis are poor and offer no guarantee. Lacazette was calamitous and for my money should be sold. We could reinvest that money into a decent CB for a start. Auba should be playing as a CF. He is wasted on the wing. Some of the youngsters will also need to raise their game, Reis Nelson particularly.

I liked what I saw though and hope Arteta will be able to bring a couple of decent players this winter.
We need to get Pepe off the mark confidence wise too.

But we're not going anywhere with this defence. Left back should be OK, RB has been a mess for a while, although I have to say AMN is slowly growing into it, and CBs are a shambles.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Watched MOTD highlights. So many poor choices in the final 3rd. Could and should have won that game easily. That last attack when Willock elected to shoot - would have been so so sweet to nick it at the end.

boyinneedofhumor

We need to get Pepe off the mark confidence wise too.
I'm tossing something out to gauge perception from other posters... Nelson or Pepe to start the next game?

Because after the game, I thought about it and figured there are pros and cons to either preference.

Nelson:
Like - his 1st touch, followed by runs (inwards or byline).
Dislike - inconsistency of crosses (and corners the game before).

Pepe:
Like - his dribbling and holding on to the ball in 1-1 against opponent
Dislike - his runs are mostly constrained to the flanks, right foot can't cross (e.g. compare vs Özil) and usually switches back to his left foot. Would prefer to see more of a blend between dribbling and quick short passes.

[And above is despite me watching Nelson for the 1st half and feeling unconvinced that he has made the most out of his chances when starting]

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Our defense can be rash and not great at keeping shape. But I think their jobs will be much easier if we actually have a midfield. Looked better yesterday and will likely continue to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom