• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I like his range of passing and technique. His athleticism and aggression are seriously lacking though. Get's barged off the ball a little too easy and his lack of concentration means he'll pick up alot of yellow cards. He'll be much better in a year and a half IMO once his body fully develops. Just needs to develop physically.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
On the one hand, he's a kid and it's not his fault that the club's negligence sees him being played too often. That said, some of the things he does are so unbelievably f*cking stupid that you'd want to punch a U-12 player in the mouth for them. And this constantly trying to play the hard man and pick fights after picking up a customary silly yellow has got to stop. He was very lucky not to have been sent off and given away a penalty today and he still didn't learn his lesson after getting away with it. He needs to learn the difference between fight and being a childish tit. He needs to put his head down, focus on the basics and try very hard to put in understated,respectable shifts.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He doesn't need selling :lol:

Terrible posting by most in here :lol:

He needs a kick up the arse and a spell playing with his age group though, then a loan to Championship or PL next season.

Ashybashy86

I remember we were close to signing Yacine Adli, but apparently he changed his mind. So, we signed Guendouzi instead. Adli is what I wish ‘douzi was.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
He's not a bad player. There's obvious talent. He's frustrating as hell though and contributes to some of our vulnerabilities. He is a youth player, and should be managed as such. He's played too much of a pivotal role for us by necessity.

I'd like to see him feature from the bench situationally going forward.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He shouldn't been in this situation he played too many games considering he not even 20 years yet he off forn and look terrible he need time off that's why Arteta would've started Ceballos or xhaka.

GunnerShy

He doesn't need selling :lol:

Terrible posting by most in here :lol:

He needs a kick up the arse and a spell playing with his age group though, then a loan to Championship or PL next season.
Wonder what a 22 year old who has just spent a year on a championship side's bench goes for?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I really don't see a passing range...and if he has one, Song had Messi level passing range, as he was a much better passer than Matteo.

He literally plays like a fan...all heart and energy, but without any intelligence or skill really.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Guendouzi is 20, most seem to be forgetting that. He is still very young and raw, and I'd like him to see less game time. Certainly would be a bad idea to loan him though, he clearly is already good enough at this level, albeit his current form isn't great.

Will be a quality player in 1-2 years if he fills out as he's not strong enough. Needs to get on the steak and potatoes and hit the gym a lot and he'll be a quality player imo.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Weird game. Sure Arteta will be pleased with the combative defensive output today (3 tackles / 3 interceptions / 3 clearances). Rare for a Arsenal midfielder recently & guess what Arteta has been talking about.

I look forward to seeing him in a midfield three post Özil & preferably with a disciplined sitter instead of Lucas.

Was he in the right wanting the CBs to go to Tammy rather than retreat? Love to know what Arteta wanted. **** know why he or the DM cant just sit at 1-1 last 10 minutes.

Polar Bear

Guendouzi is one of the worst headers of the ball in the entire prem, if not the worst, his headers are beyond horrific, I've said that before.. I know no one cares too much because he is not a CB, but there are still situations in a match where he is in our box defending and his headers are hilarious, his jump is very weird and the ball just goes so wonky every time off his head, its the worst I have seen out of every player in the entire league.. its so weird his headers.

You can tell he was a boy that was taught 1000% to play with his feet and they never even covered headers.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Guendouzi is one of the worst headers of the ball in the entire prem, if not the worst, his headers are beyond horrific, I've said that before.. I know no one cares too much because he is not a CB, but there are still situations in a match where he is in our box defending and his headers are hilarious, his jump is very weird and the ball just goes so wonky every time off his head, its the worst I have seen out of every player in the entire league.. its so weird his headers.

You can tell he was a boy that was taught 1000% to play with his feet and they never even covered headers.
Torreira wins more aerial duels than him :lol:

In fairness, that's not his most notable weakness. What is quite striking is how haywire his defensive positioning and awareness is. He needs extensive coaching on this IMO. I don't see the point in loaning him or any of that, just coach him to stop doing this ****. Emery obviously didn't do that well enough, so now it's Arteta's turn. He's still a boy, he has time.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bought him for peanuts. Should be able to sell him for a decent fee. If a good offer came in the summer I would sell.

It's not that I don't think he has potential. Speed, Power, aerial ability and agility are things that you can't significantly develop when you have so little of it.

If AMN was where Guendouzi was, he would have caught up to Abraham and dispossessed him or fouled him trying to do so.

We lack serious athleticism in midfield. We lack speed on the turn. It doesn't matter if you close the distances successfully for 85 minutes. If you have 5 minutes of the 2 players being out of position which will happen because they are young, we will get ripped apart.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Forget about off the ball, he's not even getting on the ball enough. Made just 25 passes at an 81% success rate. That's absolutely garbage for a DLP. Compare that with Torreira, who's supposed to be more of a destroyer made 47 passes with an 89% success.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

He's only 20yo & probably does have potential but I think it's time we sen him on loan for a season or 2, maybe to a championship club or a lower PL club even. He needs to grow in size & a few other things, a few to many to list.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Weird game. Sure Arteta will be pleased with the combative defensive output today (3 tackles / 3 interceptions / 3 clearances). Rare for a Arsenal midfielder recently & guess what Arteta has been talking about.

I look forward to seeing him in a midfield three post Özil & preferably with a disciplined sitter instead of Lucas.

Was he in the right wanting the CBs to go to Tammy rather than retreat? Love to know what Arteta wanted. **** know why he or the DM cant just sit at 1-1 last 10 minutes.

That a lot of team building for a guy who quite frankly you don't build a team around . He's not raw either , he's had one and a half season of top flight football and I still don't trust him to not be a liability .

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Surprised a lot of people want him sold, if we are getting 50mil then yeah I suppose, but lets atleast give him more than 2 weeks with Arteta shall we?

He's definitely not as bad as some are making out, his Arsenal career has consisted of constant confusion in midfield under Emery, god knows what he was being instructed to do as almost every single player looks different these past two weeks.

Also, realistically we cant loan him out, we are so light on depth as it is, that wont change next season either, Xhaka looks gone and if we dont go permanent with Ceballos thats two down, we cant have a third departure and expect to have depth, we wont be signing 3 centre midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom