• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Alexander Isak and Martin Ødegaard (on loan from Madrid) are two excellent prospects in positions were need reinforcements. Both should be on our list.
Ødegaard doesn’t seem like the type of midfielder Zidane fancies (on paper). It’ll be very interesting to see if he becomes available if they can’t find him a place in the Real team for him after his third loan spell. He’s definitely at top of my list for a new attacking midfielder signing.

benjamin86

Established Member
Ødegaard doesn’t seem like the type of midfielder Zidane fancies (on paper). It’ll be very interesting to see if he becomes available if they can’t find him a place in the Real team for him after his third loan spell. He’s definitely at top of my list for a new attacking midfielder signing.
I'd probably take him over Dembele, they both seem to have similar talent but Ødegaard has the better temperament/maturity.

I think he'll probably be at Real next season with either Vinicius or Rodrygo going on loan to another spanish club? and/or Isco being sold/loaned.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'd probably take him over Dembele, they both seem to have similar talent but Ødegaard has the better temperament/maturity.

I think he'll probably be at Real next season with either Vinicius or Rodrygo going on loan to another spanish club? and/or Isco being sold/loaned.

Can't see any of those three players becoming surplus at Madrid. Assensio will probably be the one to move on. Hazard and Bale are hardly spring chickens and Vasquez isn't up to it. Ødegaard, Vincius, Rodrigo, Isco and Assensio is quite an array of attacking talent.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

Barca Dembele? Him and Ødegaard are two completely different type of players

truth_hurts

French Dembele is a different level to Ødegaard and probably any other young attacker bar Mbappe.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Budgets, availability and general planning of transfers this summer is a bit strange, but in an ideal summer swoop these would be the players I would be following eagerly.

LW so we can push Auba into ST:
  • Mikel Oyazabal - Market value £43M - technical and hard working with a good shot and drive. Would compliment our style imo. Gets bonus for his first name.
  • Federico Chiesa - MV £43.20M - as a Fiorentina sympathizer I'd want him to stay with Fiorentina for a long time, but if he's to leave I'd be happy to see him at Arsenal.
  • Domenico Berardi - MV £17.10M - having a great season with Sassuolo and given his market value and Sassuolo's position (11th) he might not be the most expensive transfer target. He could do a shift in all three forward positions and his left leg is lethal.
  • Jeremie Boga - MV £14.40M - Berardi's teammate and former Chelsea academy graduate Boga is also having a great season and I could see the same case for Boga as Berardi - hopefully not commanding an enormous fee.
  • Jack Grealish - MV £27.45M - I haven't really caught onto the hype many have, but he is definitely exciting and he could fit in so well on our left flank. He's producing his best performances there, and we could slot him in there easily. He also struts short socks which scream baller (just look at Müller). He'd likely be pricey because of him being English, but if he wasn't overly expensive I would not be sad if we signed him.

CM:
  • Thomas Partey - RC rumored around £43M - would be an exciting addition to our midfield. I don't know why, but I get vibes of what Alex Song was for us at times - but more well rounded.
  • Corentin Tolisso - MV £22.95M - rumored to be offloaded by Bayern / looking to leave due to little playtime this season.
  • Aranguiz - Contract ends this summer - would be good business to get him in if the contract isn't horrible.
  • Mikel Merino - MV £21.60M - he looked solid for Newcastle until his injury and has been doing great at Sociedad this season. Other than his first name I see other attributes that are similar to that of Arteta, only in 1.88cm body instead. Might be reasonably priced in which case I'd be very happy to take him here.
  • Thiago - MV £43.20M - I love Thiago's technique and he's defensively sound as well. I believe I saw a rumor that Thiago was on his way out of Bayern - if that's true I want Arteta all over that. Likely expensive but I'd love to have him.
  • Wilfred Ndidi - MV £32.40M - To shore up our defense he would be a class addition but likely also fairly expensive with Leicester having little reason to let him leave cheaply. Would he even want to leave tbh?

AM / Technical CM:
  • Nabil Fekir - MV £28.80M - depending on the price on him (if it's the £50M that has been rumored then **** that) I'd like Fekir here. We could use him in a few different positions and his technique and agility would look good on our team.
  • Kai Haverts - MV £72.90M - only naming him because of the rumors basically as I think he's going to be far too expensive, but who knows. I didn't expect us to pay £72M for Pepe either.
  • Nicolo Zaniolo - MV £40M - Oh man, was he making moves before his nasty injury. He might be a different player now, and isn't recovered from his injury yet either so unrealistic we'd sign him but I'd at least keep an eye on him. Exciting type.

The price on these are hard to define, and especially now. It's so arbitrary it's ridiculous to some extent to even guess.

I would assume that it'd be possible to get 1 from each of these 3 groups (1 LW, 2CM either group) as well as an RB, CB, and whatever is needed to replace any leaving players. If Auba leaves for instance we need to act on that and replace however we can.

Last edited:

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Very random question but if you were given Adama Toure + 25m for Nicolas Pepe, would you take it ??
This guy?
0ffbd5e38069389fe5c0107e4a65eab1.png

Yeah, I'd take a punt on that.
He's 1 cm taller than Pepe and we all know how important size and power is in Premier League.

Adama Traoré from Wolves though?
Nah. Pepe overall had a good first season especially given how turbulent it was and he's going to go from strength to strength now I feel.

Impact

Established Member
It's equally important that we rid the squad of as much deadweight as possible this transfer window:
  • Mustafi
  • Sokratis
  • Kolasinac
  • Elneny
  • Mkhitaryan
Also very happy for us to move on any or all of the below to raise funds:
  • Holding
  • Chambers
  • Torreira
  • Özil
  • Lacazette
We need to be a lot more ruthless with our Outs.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Pepe is the better passer, more intelligent and brings more creativity than Traore. Traore is far too reckless with his passing and turning over possesion too cheaply.

Move on Lacazette and Mkhitaryan --> Reinvest in a left winger

Move on Torreira and Elneny --> Reinvest in a holding midfielder

Move on Holding, Sokratis and Mustafi --> Reinvest in a centre back

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Move on Lacazette and Mkhitaryan --> Reinvest in a left winger

Move on Torreira and Elneny --> Reinvest in a holding midfielder

Move on Holding, Sokratis and Mustafi --> Reinvest in a centre back

Second this. Minus Torreira.

Laca
Mikky
Elneny
Mavropanos
Sokratis
Mustafi
Özil
Ceballos (End of loan)

Could comfortably get £80-100M for those 7 even in the market to come.

God knows how much money we have available for signings. I'm going to go with £40M.

Partey (£42M)
CB for around £15M

Then I'd splurge out on a top end attacker or attacking midfielder to replace Özil/Auba etc long term. Jovic, Havertz, someone along those lines.

truth_hurts

Second this. Minus Torreira.

Laca
Mikky
Elneny
Mavropanos
Sokratis
Mustafi
Özil
Ceballos (End of loan)

Could comfortably get £80-100M for those 7 even in the market to come.

God knows how much money we have available for signings. I'm going to go with £40M.

Partey (£42M)
CB for around £15M

Then I'd splurge out on a top end attacker or attacking midfielder to replace Özil/Auba etc long term. Jovic, Havertz, someone along those lines.

Agree with the sentiment. interesting that you would invest more in our attack then defence though. Who do you reckon we could get at CB assuming that Mari signs and Salibah is added to the first team squad.

I agree with what you put, except I'd go big on a CB instead of an attacker. I'd go Dunk/Ake for Cb, Partey for CM and Fraser for the attack. Splash big on the attack next summer if Saka, Nelson, ESR or Martinelli aren't ready. I'd also shift Holding or Chambers - probably Holding as Chambers is more versatile.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Agree with the sentiment. interesting that you would invest more in our attack then defence though. Who do you reckon we could get at CB assuming that Mari signs and Salibah is added to the first team squad.

I agree with what you put, except I'd go big on a CB instead of an attacker. I'd go Dunk/Ake for Cb, Partey for CM and Fraser for the attack. Splash big on the attack next summer if Saka, Nelson, ESR or Martinelli aren't ready. I'd also shift Holding or Chambers - probably Holding as Chambers is more versatile.

I personally don't think the individual player outweighs a full defensive setup unless they're on the level of Van Dijk and can transform a defence through ability.

Bring Dunk or Ake in and it'll improve us but not to the level of what they'd inevitably cost. I wouldn't fancy dropping 30-40m on Dunk especially. Ake maybe.

Partey is something we haven't had since Vieira, so he would improve the defence regardless. I'd rather use the youngsters than get Fraser in and if true, I'm happy that Sp**s have him.

If we can't go big for an attacker I'd go semi big on younger attackers with huge potential.

Leno
Bellerin
Saliba
Mari
Tierney
Partey
Xhaka
Pepe
Havertz/Grealish/Maddison (someone like that doesn't have to be them. Basically just a new CAM)
Martinelli
Auba

Think that squad gets top 4. That's without splurging on a CB like Dunk or Ake. I'd wait for the right CB to partner Saliba.

truth_hurts

Ake (35m), Mari (5-10m), Partey (45m), Lemar (40m), maybe a young full back. 125m give or take 5m. New deals for Saka and Auba.

Out - Mustafi (10m), Sokratis (5m), Holding (15m with buy back or sell in), Mustafi (10m), Maitland-Niles (20-25m), Mkhi (10m), Lacazette (35-40m). £105m at worst and we could always sling out Xhaka.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom