• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Arteta has a worse record after his first 19 league games than the club's last four bosses

TwwiG8g.png

Eehm, probably because all the prior coaches got a team in good shape ?
This comparison is flawed to no end :lol:

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Eehm, probably because all the prior coaches got a team in good shape ?
This comparison is flawed to no end :lol:
Well, did they?
GG came in after Howe had failed at The Arsenal. Arsenal were looking at El Tel at the time, and we finished 7th in Howe's last season.
Team in good shape?

Bruce Rioch came in after the bungs scandal lost GG his job, and Arsenal finished 12th
Team in good shape?

Wenger came in after Rioch had been thrown out, with a fat, alcoholic squad to work with that had just scrapped the UEFA Cup spot
Team in good shape?

Emery came in when Wenger had left, and the squad he took over were lazy and, oh please...
Team in good shape?

Arteta came in when the team also wasn't in good shape.
Why the **** would ANYONE sack a manager if the team were 'in good shape'?!?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
We are talking in relation to the current environment.

You cannot compare those old guys to the expectations of the present, a Liverpool/City of now would TRASH each and every side of those old days.

Ffs, Wenger ended DRINKING and much more - some players have basically been light alcoholics. Many to most of them haven't been real professionals.

Arteta basically got a team that had a form of a relegation side, a team that was and still is massively imbalanced. Every side we have to challenge would've easily won the league in the old days. You cannot fix that without a transfer window, and certainly not without a pre-season.

That being said, even despite all this, Arteta got us back to the top 6 group, just too much damage done to actually get there in the table.

Seriously, you cannot compare these old coaches with current football.
It's not a bold shout to say that the current Liverpool team would most likely humiliate a league winner of the 60/70/80, maybe still 90's by 10 goals.

Our average level in football is so high, no matter who you are, if you've got 1-2 players not up for the level, you get slaughtered.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
George Graham’s work is so underrated for Arsenal...he’s not quite Wenger/Chapman level, but he is right behind them, great manager.

Wish he didn’t manage Sp**s.

EinmalImmerEwig

Em
We are talking in relation to the current environment.

You cannot compare those old guys to the expectations of the present, a Liverpool/City of now would TRASH each and every side of those old days.
FFS, it's showing what each manager did in their first 19 games
Expectations are exactly the same.
Inherit a **** team and then make them better.

It's got **** all to do with time travel or some sort of altered Universe.

Unless of course you are from the future.
Do we ever win the Champions League?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Saliba given the number 4 and Saka given the number 7 indicates they'll be key players next season.

The club probably have a clear plan in place now.

Can't see us signing a CB this summer if I'm honest.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's a bit ridiculous that us beating Chelsea literally hinges on Arteta's tactics and substitutions. They are better in every department apart from gk. Pace and power all over the pitch.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's a bit ridiculous that us beating Chelsea literally hinges on Arteta's tactics and substitutions. They are better in every department apart from gk. Pace and power all over the pitch.

They are defensively poor and we have a better goalscorer in auba.

We are going to have to play on the counter but that suits us.

GunnerShy

Yes they are a better squad.
Pulisic looks an instant Hazard replacement. Some get.

There defence is bad. 54 goals against. The pundits would be howling if that were us. If Arteta gets the result I'll be thrilled. Then onto the list clear out.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
also the wind blowing across their goal and away from our goal. And Willian getting a stomach ache.

Our midfield is fine if we stick with 3 CMs. they can all help each other.

God we need a new backbone so badly. We're fcuked until we get a CM and a CB (hope Saliba comes good).

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Ain't gonna lie, will probably **** my pants with that final and what's at stake.

Probably end up dying from a heart attack in an Arsenal game at some point.

say yes

forum master baiter
Arteta has a worse record after his first 19 league games than the club's last four bosses

TwwiG8g.png
Yep. And his underlying numbers don’t really show much (if any) improvement from Unai.

I rate Arteta, and think he’s going to be a big success here. But let’s be honest: this is going to take a while, and performances on the pitch haven’t massively improved thus far.

Some improvement will come automatically I think next season once the players have adapted to his style of play. And he is definitely instilling a better mentality. However he definitely needs some help in the transfer market too.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Yep. And his underlying numbers don’t really show much (if any) improvement from Unai.

I rate Arteta, and think he’s going to be a big success here. But let’s be honest: this is going to take a while, and performances on the pitch haven’t massively improved thus far.

Some improvement will come automatically I think next season once the players have adapted to his style of play. And he is definitely instilling a better mentality. However he definitely needs some help in the transfer market too.

Agreed, I think its fair to say, having no pre-season hindered him massively, weve been ebtter since we came back if a bit incosistent.

Off the top of my head, on performances and what they were delivering

Bellerin > injured Bellerin
Koscielny > Luiz
Ramsey > Ceballos
Mhiki > Pepe
Monreal > injured Tierney
Iwobi > no Iwobi

Optimistic players > morale in the dumpster

I think Emery had a better balanced side with players who ahd been here for years and were able to dig out wins we should never have gotten, especially Ramsey. Like the difference the quality in the squad dropped off the cliff between last season and this season when you look at injuries etc. and Arteta is only starting to get some very average players to deliver now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Of course it's not good enough Arsenal should be in top 4 and CL always that minimum requirements winning a cup is beautiful and will add another trophy to our cabinet specially it will make us best FA cup winners with 14 cups win. let's see if board the owner share same ambition we desperately need to get back to top 4 to kick on again.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

I really hate stats like this, especially any stat which includes the Spanish Steve McLaren.

Arteta inherited a real mess of a team with morale below zero.

On top of that the then pandemic hit himself first and all the troubles that followed.
I am happy with him and the evident progress in performances shown since he took over

He won some important matches (United, City, Liverpool, Wolves) and the performances have been much better that emery or the short period under Ljungberg.
He needs to be supported by our owners, our fans need to show patience with him in this extremely difficult period.

Who knows, he may surprise us all with an FA Cup title.

EinmalImmerEwig

He is definitely going to need some help in the transfer market, but agreed, the mentality is improving, and so it should.
After the Xhaka incident and then allegations of the players not wanting to play for Emery anymore the only way was up, and Arteta has managed that.
I've mentioned before he should be given at least 2 years - and more importantly 4 transfer windows - to get his players in, probably nearer to 3 years before we see the finished article.

Whether he will be allowed to do that is debatable.
Emery got 1 1/2 seasons, and was sacked with a record of 5th in the League and a loss in a European Final.
Arteta atm is 10th in the League, and a domestic Final yet to be played.

Our usual rivals in the League have been joined by the likes of Wolves and Leicester and even Tottenham now, so rather than just ManU, that Wenger had to deal with at the start, and then the Big 4, it's suddenly getting a lot closer at the top.

I see Emery's just got the job at Villareal, even though they qualified for the Europa League.
The times of Wenger and Ferguson being at a Club for decades is well and truly over.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom