• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Turning on Raul now? :lol:

Atleast back him till the end like @field442

Still think he has done well for us, all things considered.

But even I knew all the stories of Raul from his time at Barca, don't know what Stan expected...it's even more tempting for the bloke to launder money here, as our owners are never around that much to stop him :lol:

Feel this is on Stan...he hired a wolf to guard his sheep and now is pissed all his sheep are getting killed.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
A bit of background on Timmy boy. He's a lifelong Gooner as well, I wonder if he lurks here.
https://www.ltarsenal.com/tim-lewis-appointment-to-arsenals-board-a-closer-look/

Appointing Tim, who has been a close associate with the Kroenke family in the past seems like a move to exert more of their influence and have some sort of check on those running the club because let’s be real, we haven’t been run well from the footballing side of things in the recent years, which is a huge reason to why the club finds themselves in such a mess today – a decline like this simply doesn’t happen overnight.

Tim Lewis could have a vital role to play in providing the club with the right kind of financial advice. It might be anecdotal, but Tim is a lifelong Arsenal fan so let’s hope that he has the club’ best interests at heart in every decision. In my opinion, it is always good to have someone who supports the club up top to work in close connection with the ownership.

It seems to me like a well calculated move (appointing Tim) by the Kroenkes looking at their past connections with Tim and how the club has progressed since, also keeping in light the current financial climate where we need to find ways to make investments possible whilst complying with FFP, or at least make best possible use of the financial resources available. Of course, a lot of this is just speculation, but I personally think we’re in for an exciting summer ahead, with or without European football and Tim could have a big role to play in this. COYG!

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

If its true that the deal is being investigated internally then that pretty much translates to Raul being investigated. Not that big of a leap.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
My boy Tim chopping down all the corrupt f*ckers

PertinentOptimalHawk-size_restricted.gif

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The gerbil seems to be rated though? The investigation into the transfer is true and confirmed by ESPN etc. So Raul is under some sort of scrutiny.

The investigation (if true, ESPN is ****e) is into how much we paid, ie the fee. Not how much was paid to agents and intermediaries. They link it to the firing of the scouts, not Raul.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Are people purposely ignoring this rumour was started by a gerbil or is this thread full of Dr Dolittle’s?

Our best ITKs are gerbils, moles, and horses. Imagine getting your news from human weirdos named Fabrizio, Ornstein, and Memz Dogi.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
I think the appointment of Tim could actually be a really good decision from the Kroenkes. Having a lawyer in the boardroom who isn't beholden or subservient to Don Raul could be very beneficial. He can probe into matters like the amount we paid for Pepe.

It almost doesn't matter if he decides there was no wrongdoing - It's good to know someone is keeping the bumigos on their toes.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
“The Gunners paid £20m up front but have committed a further £52m over the next five years, the first instalment of which is due this summer. The depth of that commitment has led to a review of the scouting reports and negotiating process which led to such a big deal being sanctioned.”

Nothing to do with dodgy payments to intermediaries. “The gerbil is rated” :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom