• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
We should just sell Laca and move for Dolberg. I’ve been saying it for years. He would be perfect for us. Magnificent link up game, exquisite technique and a great finisher.

I think we would be able to get him for 30 mill. Next season - forget it.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Looking at the team it's clear we need another CB (looks like it'll be Gabriel coming in - my pick would have been Upamecano). Next we need that midfield sorted and that means we need Ceballos + one more, preferably Aouar or Partey or better yet BOTH. Lastly, a CF/ST - I don't trust Eddie to make the step up just yet - so I would go for Edouard from Celtic OR maybe just maybe Martinelli will be that player for us.

Raicore

Torreira, Holding, Sok, Kola and Guen, OUT/LOAN.
Knowing we dont have much moolah..Ceballos and Partey after Gabriel will do for me this window.
Not a fan of Özil but since we can't get him off..just get him back into the team..play him when he deserves to play..no need for Aouar this window

Burt Gold

Looking at the team it's clear we need another CB (looks like it'll be Gabriel coming in - my pick would have been Upamecano). Next we need that midfield sorted and that means we need Ceballos + one more, preferably Aouar or Partey or better yet BOTH. Lastly, a CF/ST - I don't trust Eddie to make the step up just yet - so I would go for Edouard from Celtic OR maybe just maybe Martinelli will be that player for us.
Auba, Laca, Eddie, Martinelli we don't need a striker unless we are selling Laca. Even then Eddie and Martinelli are top talents.

karquosa

I keep beating this drum but I am absolutely convinced that Calvin Stengs is going to be a top quality player. Wish we were in for him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Partey, Aaour and Depay.

It doesn't have to be Depay, but I can't think of a player of that ilk that we coukd being in to replace Laca so cheaply. Well I can - Suarez, but we wouldn't pay his wages.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Elneny, Torreira and Guendouzi out
Cellabos, Partey and Aouar in

Willian-Auba-Pepe
Aouar-Partey-Cellabos
Tierney-Gabby-Saliba-AMN
Leno

Believe Gooners, believe. Inshallah it happens.

Zaza

Like the look of Sabitzer. Reminds me of Rosicky.
If we sell Laca, I'd probably replace him with Zaha and push Auba to the middle.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The way its shaping up, if we can go into the season with:

Leno (Martinez)

AMN (Cedric)
Luiz (Saliba)
Gabriel (Mari)
KT (Cedric)

Xhaka (Ceballos)
Partey (Willock)
Aouar (ESR)

Pepe (Saka)
Lacazette (Eddie)
Auba (Willian)

We will be in buisness. Regarding the midfield, Xhaka/Partey/Ceballos/Aouar would play the vaat majority of games, with Willock and ESR playing league cup/early europa games.

Saka/Willian to get loads of game as well. Having those two as options off the bench is immense.

In an ideal world we upgrade on Laca. If we cant, play him at home where he can be useful, and either play Eddie/Auba up top away.

Obviously this is dependent on shifting Kolasinac/Sokratis/Bellerin, then if think two of Mustafi/Holding/Chambers, as well Elneny/Torreira/Guendouzi.

A lot to do, but possible imo.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The way its shaping up, if we can go into the season with:

Leno (Martinez)

AMN (Cedric)
Luiz (Saliba)
Gabriel (Mari)
KT (Cedric)

Xhaka (Ceballos)
Partey (Willock)
Aouar (ESR)

Pepe (Saka)
Lacazette (Eddie)
Auba (Willian)

We will be in buisness. Regarding the midfield, Xhaka/Partey/Ceballos/Aouar would play the vaat majority of games, with Willock and ESR playing league cup/early europa games.

Saka/Willian to get loads of game as well. Having those two as options off the bench is immense.

In an ideal world we upgrade on Laca. If we cant, play him at home where he can be useful, and either play Eddie/Auba up top away.

Obviously this is dependent on shifting Kolasinac/Sokratis/Bellerin, then if think two of Mustafi/Holding/Chambers, as well Elneny/Torreira/Guendouzi.

A lot to do, but possible imo.

This is exactly what I would do. Only thing I'd potentially do aside from that is loan out ESR due to Martinelli coming back and Özil staying.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Martinez (Leno)
Maitland-Niles (Bogle) - Luiz (Saliba) - Gabriel (Marí) - Tierney (Cedric)
Ceballos (Xhaka)
Buendia (Smith-Rowe) - Aouar (Saka)
Pepe (Willian) - Aubameyang (Nketiah) - Grealish (Martinelli)​

Out: Bellerin, Holding, Chambers, Mavropanos (loan), Sokratis, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Torreira, Elneny, Willock (loan), Guendouzi, Nelson (loan), Lacazette

I would be very happy with Edouard as a replacement for Lacazette as well. I downgraded on Partey because Grealish is probably too expensive otherwise.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Martinez (Leno)
Maitland-Niles (Bogle) - Luiz (Saliba) - Gabriel (Marí) - Tierney (Cedric)
Ceballos (Xhaka)
Buendia (Smith-Rowe) - Aouar (Saka)
Pepe (Willian) - Aubameyang (Nketiah) - Grealish (Martinelli)​

Out: Bellerin, Holding, Chambers, Mavropanos (loan), Sokratis, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Torreira, Elneny, Willock (loan), Guendouzi, Nelson (loan), Lacazette

I would be very happy with Edouard as a replacement for Lacazette as well. I downgraded on Partey because Grealish is probably too expensive otherwise.

That's a shocking midfield, 3 midget weaklings and a slow motherf*cker in Grealish on the left in a 433? Terrible team.

Partey is utterly needed. Willian and Aouar more than cover anything Grealish and Buendia offer.

Partey/Edouard >>>>>>>>>>> Grealish/Buendia

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
When you take @Furious. off ignore and realise he has the same excellent opinions :bounce:

Partey is essential to any midfield we use next season to bring the balance. If not we'll have to play 343 for most of the season.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
That's a shocking midfield, 3 midget weaklings and a slow motherf*cker in Grealish on the left in a 433? Terrible team.

Partey is utterly needed. Willian and Aouar more than cover anything Grealish and Buendia offer.

Partey/Edouard >>>>>>>>>>> Grealish/Buendia
I get where you're coming from and I respect the opinion, but I think you're overestimating Party's size compared to Buendia.

Obviously, the difference between the two is stark, but they both offer similar things as well. Both are very good at progressive runs, Buendia actually also has quite a high amount of tackles, both have a good passing range. Partey offers more 'steel', but Buendia offers more chances created on the other end of the pitch.

Ceballos showed more defensive prowess at the end of the season and with AMN, Gabriel and/or Saliba in the starting line-up I think we have enough strength in the squad, but I would also rather have a more physical DM to combine with Buendia and Aouar. Can't do everything in one window unfortunately. I think this summer is our only chance to get Aouar and I would be bummed if we miss out on him. Partey I highly rate but I could live with an alternative to him next season.

Pepe and Auba on the wings is too similar for me, which is why I would like Grealish there as a playmaker, but it could be he's priced out of the market in which case I would be very happy with the alternative.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I get where you're coming from and I respect the opinion, but I think you're overestimating Party's size compared to Buendia.

Obviously, the difference between the two is stark, but they both offer similar things as well. Both are very good at progressive runs, Buendia actually also has quite a high amount of tackles, both have a good passing range. Partey offers more 'steel', but Buendia offers more chances created on the other end of the pitch.

Ceballos showed more defensive prowess at the end of the season and with AMN, Gabriel and/or Saliba in the starting line-up I think we have enough strength in the squad, but I would also rather have a more physical DM to combine with Buendia and Aouar. Can't do everything in one window unfortunately. I think this summer is our only chance to get Aouar and I would be bummed if we miss out on him. Partey I highly rate but I could live with an alternative to him next season.

Pepe and Auba on the wings is too similar for me, which is why I would like Grealish there as a playmaker, but it could be he's priced out of the market in which case I would be very happy with the alternative.

It isn't just Partey's size, his work rate, strength, size and athleticism all go into one. He is a champions league level ball carrying, ball winning box to box central midfielder. A true beast.

Buendia is currently a small playmaker for a relegated side. The difference is stark. We are trying to balance out our team and specifically our midfield. Arteta has said he wants physical dominance and presence, hence why we are after Partey and Aouar. Buendia would be a good backup for Aouar mind you.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom