• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
yeah old man .... you run the show ..

good to see the usual bum squad now realizing the value of assist, inflating willians assists to 3 , one of which was a corner, another a crossfield pass and another a toe poke.

idiots gotta be idiots i guess.
Erm... Almost half of Özil's assist was from set pieces in 2015/2016 in what his acolytes class as his best season.

So why are we now moving goalpost?

Are you mad that Willian has already bettered Özil's return last season in just one game. :rofl: :lol:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
What Willian did is what we expected Özil to do. Özil never deliver that.

Willian was actively involved in our general play. Drives our team forward. Dribbling past players, control the ball/keep possession in tight area. Making impact and creating space before arriving the final third.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The sad thing is Arteta is going to spend the rest of the season answering questions about him, much like Emery. With Özil’s social media games in combination with his die hards - he will be a constant thorn in his side.

After watching some gassed highlights of his, I’m actually not entirely opposed to seeing Özil this season. He’s refusing to go, may as well play him. Even if it’s to remind everybody why he is a relic of the past.

He will play again this season, that’s what I got from watching us yesty. He can play in a role, depends on what he wants to do off the ball.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
You Özil ultras all realise William has got 3 assists in one game. More than Özil got all season last year. I heard something about leaving out our most creative player and 350k, seems he is on the pitch currently. :lol::lol:.
Willian had a pinged long ball to Aubameyang, a corner and a blocked shot. It isn't as if he dribbled past the opposition to lay a tap in for someone. The assist stat is stupid, Özil's general play before the lockdown shows that he can still contribute. It'd be stupid to leave such a player out of the team, if we can use him.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Willian had a pinged long ball to Aubameyang, a corner and a blocked shot. It isn't as if he dribbled past the opposition to lay a tap in for someone. The assist stat is stupid, Özil's general play before the lockdown shows that he can still contribute. It'd be stupid to leave such a player out of the team, if we can use him.
1) So the pass that Willian made find auba in space wasn’t beautiful enough??
The passing accuracy, the passing weight/speed, the passing timing, the vision.

2) Dribbled past an opponent? Since when did Özil does that? Özil is not a dribbler. Willian’s step overs/skill moves will make him more likely to dribble past players in the future. Özil was never able to do that.

3) Özil is a good final third player. But he has always been lazy in general play. He doesn’t help a lot keeping possession for us. Willian is a lot more involved in the general build up play.

Elwood

You Özil ultras all realise William has got 3 assists in one game. More than Özil got all season last year. I heard something about leaving out our most creative player and 350k, seems he is on the pitch currently. :lol::lol:.
Yeah who needs Özil when we now have a 114 assists/season guy here. Kevin de who?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So Özil used to dribble past multiple players to give his assist?

:facepalm:

Jae

It's impressive and just a tad hilarious how quickly newer posters seem to take to the whole bum squad/usual suspects dynamic on this forum.

I also have picked up on this. Geezer has been a member since June this year :lol:

musoke

yeah old man .... you run the show ..

good to see the usual bum squad now realizing the value of assist, inflating willians assists to 3 , one of which was a corner, another a crossfield pass and another a toe poke.

idiots gotta be idiots i guess.

musoke

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Some are good passes, some are just simple passes, nothing special.

His problem is never in the final making the final pass. He didn’t drop deep and make space/plays/in general play/in the build up phase. He didn’t pass and pass around with our other midfielders slowly progressing the ball up the pitch.

Özil is a player that need service from our CMs , so that he can provide his service to our strikers.

We would like someone to actively participate in our general build up play, being the service provider himself in the midfield. Not waiting to be fed so that he can feed our strikers.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
the fact that the bum squad after being rogered sore in the emery, douzi, elneny, xhaka, bellerin threads now have to doff their caps to Arteta, take willian as their champion, and seek refuge for their bile in the Özil thread, gives me a lot of satisfaction.

sucks to be you.

Preacher

Always Crying
the fact that the bum squad after being rogered sore in the emery, douzi, elneny, xhaka, bellerin threads now have to doff their caps to Arteta, take willian as their champion, and seek refuge for their bile in the Özil thread, gives me a lot of satisfaction.

sucks to be you.
giphy.gif

GDeep™

League is very weak
What’s the point of this thread? Maybe mods should just leave it open for info and updates, or maybe start deleting posts to clean it up abit.

fc honka

"Some are good passes, some are just simple passes, nothing special." And then praising Willians assists.....
One can only be speechless.
https://www.90min.com/posts/mesut-Özil-has-done-more-for-arsenal-than-most-people-think-opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom