• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
You and your cronies just invented this. Says a lot about you. Willian is one of the most rated players in the league and backed by most on here to have a good season.

The only people worrying about Willian would be the Pepe fans, because in the current set up it’s hard to see Pepe become a regular.

Completely agree with you Gary.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
G's got a point about Willian/Pepe, even this early on I am slightly worried about my boy Nico, he can't really afford another up and down year...and with our current team, Pepe looks the odd player out sadly.

If we get Partey, we might be able to transition into this...

Partey
Willian-Ceballos
Pepe-Auba-Saka
...with a presence like Partey in the middle, we could drop Willian into an attacking 8 role (think he has the attributes for this) alongside Dani, like City play...with more control in midfield, it would allow Auba to play upfront in a different type of centre forward role than we are using now, with Pepe and Nico wide.

But even then, this only happens with us and Arteta changing the way we play, unsure this would happen even with Thomas.

We will see how the season goes, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little anxious.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It really doesn’t look good for Pepe, but that’s not Arteta’s problem he didn’t sign him. If Willian is the better man then it is what it is, we need to win.

Pepe is still young and wasn’t ready for so much responsibility last season. Willian providing direct competition and taking some/most of the burden could be a good thing.

If we revert back to 4-3-3 then suddenly you do see room for Pepe/Özil/Saka again.

Elwood

It's a long season, I'm sure Pepe will have plenty of chances.
But what about Özil? Hope he gets some minutes, looks sharp these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom