• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sead Kolasinac (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanth

"X club is serious about Y player" has to be one of the most annoying things to read in a transfer window.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
At this point I doubt he'll leave, partly because after Tierney there isn't really anyone else who can play that LCB role in the way Arteta wants it played. Kola plays it very badly, but if he leaves who deputises for Tierney? AMN can play the wingback-cum-midfielder role but not the CB part, while Gabriel can play the CB part but probably not the CB-cum-overlapping fullback part.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
At this point I doubt he'll leave, partly because after Tierney there isn't really anyone else who can play that LCB role in the way Arteta wants it played. Kola plays it very badly, but if he leaves who deputises for Tierney? AMN can play the wingback-cum-midfielder role but not the CB part, while Gabriel can play the CB part but probably not the CB-cum-overlapping fullback part.

Think I've seen this film somewhere.

Divided_Pie

This assumes that Arteta is playing the way he wants to play. There are signings incoming, young players developing, and injured players returning. I'm guessing we'll see Gabriel at LCB soon enough now that Luiz is back playing, moving Tierney up to LWB, where Saka and AMN can both back him up. Holding would play the RCB spot until Arteta feels Saliba is ready.

MikeVinna

Established Member
This assumes that Arteta is playing the way he wants to play. There are signings incoming, young players developing, and injured players returning. I'm guessing we'll see Gabriel at LCB soon enough now that Luiz is back playing, moving Tierney up to LWB, where Saka and AMN can both back him up. Holding would play the RCB spot until Arteta feels Saliba is ready.

I agree. And then we have Mari and Mustafi returning so all positions in the back 3 are covered. No place for Sokratis and Kolasinac. Chambers will take a while to get back so I’m not even counting him.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not sure they're still in the picture but probably changes things

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom