• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier league 2020/2021 Gameweek 3

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Jose says that Sp**s are a big club but say their history in terms of trophies is not as big as other clubs. He now realises the difference between clubs with a big history and others. To summarise, Sp**s are a small club :lol:. It was an awful pen but I'm delighted Dier conceded it. Sit down fella.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If united didn't get that last minute penalty this would be the perfect weekend for us with Liverpool away being our game.

But they lost their first game so its fine. Should go into the international break at least 3-6 points ahead of our rivals for top 4 which you cant really be unhappy at.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Decision was scandalous but really they have no one to blame but themselves.

Newcastle should’ve been buried by half time. They’re in trouble as soon as Son or Kane aren’t on the pitch.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Handball is so interesting, cos it goes to the crux of what football's about. It's a game where you have to try to get the ball in the net and the main rule is that you can't use your arms or hands to achieve that.

The new rule is sort of logical in that if the ball touches the arm anywhere on the pitch, even accidentally, it's a foul. So the rule is just extended to the penalty box too.

But it conflicts massively with what a penalty is about. Scoring a goal is very difficult, it's why football is such a low-scoring sport. A lot of work and energy and money goes into the art of scoring goals. So to give a penalty - to give a near certain opportunity for a goal - should be for a proportionate offence, it should be for something the attacking team has earned. An accidental handball isn't proportionate, nor is it earned.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Jose says that Sp**s are a big club but say their history in terms of trophies is not as big as other clubs. He now realises the difference between clubs with a big history and others. To summarise, Sp**s are a small club :lol:. It was an awful pen but I'm delighted Dier conceded it. Sit down fella.
Yes nobody will take you seriously if you win nothing even in our struggling rebuilding era still managed to 4 trophies in 6 years. It's matter for reputation

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

30 pages of crying on the Sp**s forum..
giphy.gif

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The new penalty rules are weird tbh. I happen to think that the Michael Oliver/Gabriel handball was the only correct decision.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Sp**s forum must be lovely stuff right now. Thing is its not just them, the new rule is a bit ridiculous for everyone.

The thing is you can look at it in different ways. Dier's arm was in a completely unnatural position. But on the other hand (pardon the pun) he doesnt have a clue whats going on.

If you go the other way with the rule you have to give only hand balls that are done on purpose, and I'd say 90% of them aren't done on purpose.

It needs tweaking, they need to take into consideration other things. For example Everton vs Palace, Richarlison would've been offside if the ball went through? Therefore shouldn't be a pen.

North West

Good that they dropped two points but the rule is just idiotic, methinks. We're gonna see lots of matches ruined by absurd pens.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not much point laughing at sp*rs for getting a harsh handball against them, cos it'll happen to us eventually. So many penalties these days, every team's gonna have a litany of grievances by the end of the season.

...but what I will laugh at is the sp*rs manager calling out his own club in a post-match interview for having no history. That's great stuff :lol:

Manberg

Predator
Who do we want to win here? Leicester or City?

I think a City win suits us more if Leicester are to be top 4 challengers again.

City scores, what a goal by Mahrez!

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom