• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Özil has made a brilliant PR move to get attention for a couple of days before becoming a forgotten man again?
Arsenal board be like:
35lqnh5xrfb51.png

Malky

Established Member
I hate his PR game. Literally no need to make it public. If you want a genuine gesture, you just do it behind closed doors.

What does the guy earn? He's a mascot who works at home games maximum twice a week and for photos.

What is that? 5 hours of Ozils pay for this guys yearly wage. Give me a break.
This Özil stunt is just the same as the " Social media, wannabe, influencer, arseholes " that can't do "charity work " without a camera being close by to catch the " incredible moment ".... we can see straight through the bullshit that they couldn't care less about the people they're " helping " when all they care about is boosting their own image.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Özil has made a brilliant PR move to get attention for a couple of days before becoming a forgotten man again?
Arsenal board be like:
35lqnh5xrfb51.png
Sad if it is simply PR and nothing else from Özil. Let’s hope it is more than that. If nothing else at least it puts some money in the pocket of someone other than Kroenke and Özil, two rich guys I feel little sympathy for.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Oh dear. This thread has got angry again. Özil is out of the team for reasons we can only guess at. Someone said that his basic wage is £150k and the other £200k is appearance related. That seems quite plausible. We hunting pennies atm. Arteta wants hard runners. I've seen Izil do it snd he's been brilliant when he has but he's never done that for three games in a row. The club may be punishing him for the fallout with China and refusing to take a pay cut. That's their prerogative. The last contract was signed against the advice of Wenger and the club feels stupid for not listening as I think Özil does lack a certain level of motivation. If he plays, he'll be less match fit than anyone else and will inevitably look awful. I'm resigned to not seeing him play for us again and at this stage, I don't care. He will see out his contract and that's that. When he leaves, all the noise surrounding him will put his time here as largely a failure. It's a shame, but the club will go on and good luck to him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Perhaps if he put as much effort in on the pitch as he does with all his "PR" bs he might actually be playing.
At this point it’s very clear he’s being left out of the side for non-footballing reasons.

Think he’s more than justified in biting back.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Can't believe the mental gymnastics the Özil Defence Force go to to defend this guy, makes me think there are non footballing reasons for a lot of it to be honest.

He and Guendouzi were the only two to be blacklisted like this, that should tell you all you need to know.

Everything points to it being either attitude problems ( Which are pretty apparent given what he did yesterday) and / or training issues. There's no need to invent conspiracy theories as to why he's not getting a game.

With Arteta being a rookie manager it would set a terrible precedent if he back tracked on his 'Non-negotiables' just to give Özil a game, because he is / was a great player or on £350k a week.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
all about attention...
Used to love this guy but is pissing me off now...

If you really loved the club, or if it really wasnt about Özil, he wouldn't do this publicly: put some embarrassment on the club you are payed by.
More I think about it more I see it was very disrespectful to the club, which is what he wanted

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

There's an old Arsène Wenger quote that reminds me of Özil every time I read it

''The revelation of a players character is not in his social life but in how he plays. In my social life I can hide my personality''

When we've been on the ropes in big games, needing a leader, when has Özil ever put his hand up and said ''I'm going to take this game by the scruff of the neck and get us back into it, because I'm a world class player'' I'm not talking about sprinting around the pitch and diving into tackles either, I don't expect that from him. Hasn't happened, when the going gets tough he's always been the first to vanish, which is even more infuriating given how gifted a footballer he is.
Great post! When we really needed him to step up in big games he wasn’t to be seen. It wasn’t all on him but he sure did not help. One of the smallest big game players I know of.

MikeVinna

Established Member
It’s definitely not footballing reasons that he’s been banished for. Impossible. Was starting every game for Arteta before Covid hit. We’re paying him 350k a week. Something happened in the break that got him banished. But what? Can’t wait for Özil and Mikel to come out with their versions of the truth when he finally does leave.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No he’s not :lol:

He’s being paid very well to be an employee of the club and some of you need to stop excusing his behavior. When he played you didn’t see this stuff and you know it.

He’s entitled to share his side of the story and clear his name, but anything else like his recent hilarious stunt is pure antics.
If my job continued to pay me but publicly left me out of the team, tarnishing my name and brand for nothing to do with how I performed in my actual job I would definitely fight back. I find it hard to believe that you would just lie there and take it? There's more to life than money. What about your pride, your legacy and how you're perceived by your peers?

In his position I'd defo fight back, maybe this thread is about two types of people. Not Özil fans vs Özil haters.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I miss having an in form Özil in our team. Reminiscing about his 15/16 season, man could play some great ball. Hopefully Dani can take on some of his creativity on the ball. He is way more skillfull with the ball but not sure he can reach the same level of visionary passes. Im hopeful

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If you have not claimed it is 100% a training ground commitment issue , then why are we on this page? I don't need to answer what is the real reason. It does not matter. As a fan following a football club with a Manager paid to do their work and a player paid to perform, I will want is the joy of getting through results and winning. Settle what ever issue and lets enjoy football.

Your question is banal at best. The question should be, why do we allow these 2 Managers to get away with what they are doing with no clear cut reason. Emery did same at PSG. Tell me where he is today.....We invested loads for his transfer and paying through our nostrils for his wage every week. If you claim as above he is one of the most talented, then these 2 managers should work to get the best out of him if he is wearing the shirt and employed by Arsenal. It is called value for money. Or else get him out of the club by selling him or pay him off. Do not ask him to go because he has no legal obligation to. He is under contract. Do not freeze him out to push his agent to look for another club. If you cannot get him out , then look for a solution that brings value to this club. We are all human and make mistakes and can work a way forward. Period! No one is condoning bad behavior at Arsenal. However we are a football club and a business.

Dunno, maybe you didn't read my posts thoroughly?

I knew you couldn't answer that very logical question and so skipped it, and then claimed I lost the argument. Calling it banal is a natural reaction when you are lost for words.

It is very clear that two different managers won't sabotage their careers in this way for nothing. Why would they do it?

Also Kroenke is a business man, and surely he doesn't want to lose £350k per week with zero return for money. Explain this. Why would he want to spend so much money for Aouar if he had possibility to use Özil instead for "free"?

These two points make it very clear that the problem lies much more with Özil.

vantoure

The double speak of those that say Özil is only in it for the money is laughable TBH.

If that were the case, he'd have taken the rumored Saudi / Qatar / Turkey offer.

Also, it casts a shadow on the arsenal management then, if they cannot make moves to pay him off or pay a part of his wages to move to another club, assuming it was about the money.

This will be added to the growing list of inaccuracies peddled against the king:
- Attitude (false)
- Footballing ability (false)
- Money grabber (false)

What else are you going to come up with?

Guys, your stories don't add up. Pull the wool off your eyes

vantoure

If my job continued to pay me but publicly left me out of the team, tarnishing my name and brand for nothing to do with how I performed in my actual job I would definitely fight back. I find it hard to believe that you would just lie there and take it? There's more to life than money. What about your pride, your legacy and how you're perceived by your peers?

In his position I'd defo fight back, maybe this thread is about two types of people. Not Özil fans vs Özil haters.
Spot on.

I find all the comments about Ozils PR fight-back to be heads-in-the-sand stuff. Do people just expect to be maltreated and asked to shut-up at the same time. Talk about weak mentality.

Özil's mentality - 100

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom