• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

10 million this close season for the best squad in the world

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 38
  • Views 1,322
A

Anonymous

just answer me this, would you prefer a player like ****berto who tracks back and does the so called invisible play (lmfao at that term some sad c**t made up to describe s**t players like gilbert) or would you prefer someone who can tackle, pass the ball properly, score the chances when he gets them !!??? i know which one id prefer !!

man this things sucks at sarcasm :lol:

my point wasnt that we need both players, i was being sarcastic about the player who does the invisible work. i was saying that we dont need him, because invisible work does not exist, gilberto does **** all week in week out. a week ago i asked people on here just to watch his games, and see how he plays. this match was week 1, and he was ****. roll on bolton and lets all study him once again and see how he does
topic closed

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Ummm.....how about we just keep the team as it is. Develop Phillipe Senderos, Justin Hoyte, Ryan Garry, Francesc Fabregas, Ryan Smith, David Bentley and Jeremie Aliadiere. Why buy these youngsters if you're just going to go out and buy players to play ahead of them?!

A

Anonymous

does noone listen. i said earlier that you cant just keep the same team and expect the young ones to do it next year. they are all prospects but all need time to grow. united and chelsea will both buy good players and our youth wont be able to match it. we need a few players that are already proven to come and play in certain positions

The Mini

1, Kolo Touré is the best prospect we have for defence, we dont want him toleave by playing in a position he hates and Mexes is overrated.

2, Gilberto is not **** and is ahead of Pennant by a mile. Sell Pennant, he has an attitude problem and is identical to SWP.

AFCG7

Established Member
clocky ...
thats utter nonsense.. .. saying lets watch him from the Blackburn match and see how he goes...and then he isnt up to par.. what do u expect????
What you didnt take into account was that Gilberto was covering for Freddie. Gilberto isnt a right sided midfielder or a right winger.. he has never EVER played that position before until the last couple of weeks, why are people demanding that he put in such a great prformance ?
Its not his position, he isnt accustomed to it,he has never played it until the last few weeks and yet you want us to judge his performance from there? And now you're looking forward to the Bolton game to show up his inability at right midfield?
Thats not being fair to the player at all.
Judge him on his performance at defensive midfield.

sean

i am happy with our cover at the back

clichy/keown/tourre as auxillery right back/cygan

midfield cover in parlour/gilberto/with clichy can cover and cole push forward if need be on the left.

fringe player bently might come through as his talent is obvious.

forward we have kanu ?/reyes/aliadiere.

with toure seemingly able to slot in anywhere in emergencies.

personally i would like an out and out center forward, proven goalscorer, but it might not suit the arsenal type of play and would only work if henry was out for a long time.

we know our best 11 if IMO like the rest of us EDU starts, and so the big name players , and they would have to be to shift the current first 11 players would either have to sit on the bench and moan to the media ,or would be so good ie: ronaldihiho that you fork out millions.

we all like to see new players coming in , me included but i feel with the money available they will be back up or utilty players.

Chips&CurrySauce

I think most people would agree, some grudgingly, that Edu has definately enhanced our midflied and is now ahead of Gilberto as Patricks Vieiras' partner. i think Wenger also sees it like this now, which probably disappoints alot of fans who were supporting Gilberto, as the only argument they could provide was 'Well Wenger knows best'.

I think Gilberto is a decent player and a very good back up, the thing is I don't see Gilberto sitting on the bench and accepting it without complaint. If he didnt see hmself in our first team eleven I could see him asking for a transfer. I mean he has already said he sees himself playing in Spain and this was before Edu even displaced him.

AFCG7

Established Member
I'm not disputing whether or not Edu is better than Gilberto..
Its that i dont beleive Gilberto is a **** player..
We are damn lucky to have both !!!!!
Take Keane out and Man U are ****
Take Gerard out and Pool are ****
Take Lampard out and Chelsea have problems
Take Vieira out and we can still cope with Gilberto and Edu

AFCG7

Established Member
Yeh!
We have Parlour !
Speaking of Ray.. people wanted to get rid of him but he came into the side when we needed grit and solidity and did his job well.

kNiteMare

AFCG7 said:
clocky ...
thats utter nonsense.. .. saying lets watch him from the Blackburn match and see how he goes...and then he isnt up to par.. what do u expect????
What you didnt take into account was that Gilberto was covering for Freddie. Gilberto isnt a right sided midfielder or a right winger.. he has never EVER played that position before until the last couple of weeks, why are people demanding that he put in such a great prformance ?
Its not his position, he isnt accustomed to it,he has never played it until the last few weeks and yet you want us to judge his performance from there? And now you're looking forward to the Bolton game to show up his inability at right midfield?
Thats not being fair to the player at all.
Judge him on his performance at defensive midfield.

Thank you. he doesnt play right midfield. Would you rather have someone who score 10 or so more goals a season in exchange so that the team may leak more goals in a season? Even though now everyone tracks back to defend they arnt really that good at it, and we do need an extra persons. Do someone have stats about the time geilberto play to him doesnt play and goals scored against us? If they are shown to be the same then i will admit that i am wrong, but if it shows a genuine difference it will prove my point.

He had a good chance last Saturday which was deflect by Frediel which pires went on to score... He has the ability to score just that it is not his specialty area. Out team already have enough people who can score imo. I dont want us to turn into a Real madric.

kNiteMare

i dont expect you to have a clue because you probably have never beent o an arsenal game. but i go week in week out and see this peice of s***e f**k up continuosly.

to say the truth i am offended by that comment. It's an insult to everyone who are less fortunate and to the player when he try his hardest to play for Arsenal and last few weeks playing in a position he is unfamiliar with, only to have the supporters saying he is a complete piece of ****.

Not going to a game doesnt mean you cannot know the match. I stay up until 2/4am sometimes just to see a match or hear it on the radio. Sometimes i even do it when i had a class or something important the next day. And if i cannot see a game i try to read every match report out there trying to get an unbaised opinion and reading others opinion.
It may not be much to you but it's everything i can do to gain access to Arsenal info. If i have been living in London i would've quere up for season ticket and go to every match possible. I am really disappoint at you judging people over something just because you have the priviledge.

And even if you still think i know nothing but **** (which is practically what you imply) then say that to Wenger, who picked Gilberto ahead of Parlour/edu for much of this season before edu sensational form.

lewdikris

Established Member
O Happy Day - another topic wrecked by the useless Edu/Gilberto argument AND the 'you're not a real fan' argument AT THE SAME TIME!

Please talk about something else. 'Tis very dull.

Adam

Established Member
It's groundhog day. Wake up, rise and shine to Gilberto vs Edu to the backdrop of you're not a real fan by clockend_faithful.

Senght

The problem with Edy taking his palce is that Gilberto is a World Cup WINNER! He won't be content with just warming our bench or just a plainly backup ultility role. Unless you guys want him to take Viera's place, which is absurb.

kNiteMare

Sorry for going into this again. I guess I lost my cool reading a forum post... :eek:ops: hopefully shouldnt happen again.

and i think what clockend put in is not a gilberto/edu arguement, but a 'gilberto is ****' arguement, which in a sense is different.

A

Anonymous

Clockend - I thought you said you were banned from going to Arsenal games? If so how can you go every week?

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom