• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 06/04/04

SF Gooner

**** now I know how it feels like to be a Red Sox fan. Well actually no, becuase Arsenal do win titles here and there.

laolu

patrick42uk said:
henry is saving himself for euro 2004, because it certainly isnt for arsenal. i wonder if madrid fancy some retail therapy? because 40 million sounds tempting

about 50 would be more like it

kanuuu

Established Member
Its going to be very difficult recovering from these two results mentally and physically for the two premiership games comg up.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i would stil take consolation from the league, which is by no means a certainty now. recovering from this will be the hardest thing this club will hav to do.

henry_wb1

I don know what to say, im hurt, we shoulda won, lets keep our heads up.... i wont be able to sleep tonight.... **** the ****in FA.... givin us this tiring fixtures.... I hate this.....

Mark

Established Member
If we don't win the Premiership now, the club is going to fall apart. I was surprised we didn't fall apart last season, but there's no way we can not win the Premiership now.

Chelski will be full of confidence and with their squad they can still play in both competitions without getting tired like we clearly have.

The bright side is the Premiership is all we have to play for now and we will go for it in every game.

I'm trembling as I write this. I feel sick. :cry:

JGooner

Why did Henry and Pires bother turning up today? I am absolutely fed up of seeing Henry prance and preen and pose around the pitch like some kind of supermodel, and then give quotes to the press about how much of a team-player he is and how much passion he has. I am ****ing sick of it. He didn't bother going beyond 30% of his full capacity tonight. Pires tried harder but was just ****ing ****. Ljungberg was even worse. Where do our big players go in the big games? ****ing missing, that's where.

Vieira was the honourable exception. The other "musketeers" were disgraceful.

zerofeel

gosh....wat the hell is lehmann doing in there??? looked so outta sorts ...his confidence dip so badly that it kinda rub on the players...there werent any heart left in the players to fight on bcos they loook soooo worn down by exhaustion and the pressures that are weighin down on their shoulders became a burden...some players have to go and WENGER has to chop and crop and bring in new fresh talents cos we NEED REINFORCEMENT!!

Lehmann is no way the answer to our long term goalie problem..he crumbles like a cookie easily in big games... and i wont be suprised either if we surrender the league to CHELSEA..

Jasper

We could have won against Monaco!

A guaranteed CL final!

Damn!

DAmn you Lehmann! You too Lauren!

Say Bergie, did you even touch the ball while playing?

gypped

First off, to all you blighters slagging off on Henry, shut the **** up. What kind of fairweather ****ing supporters are you? He goes from your favourite player in the whole world and a die hard Gooner to being worthless and we should sell him? **** off!

I am absolutely heartbroken right now, this is so much worse than being knocked out of the FA cup, this is like having someone reach inside our chest and rip out our heart. This is just what Chelsea needed and exactly what we didn't. It was terrible. Our second half effort wasn't there and we gave the game away and it was gutwrenching. But we'll be okay, because we're the Gunners, and **** the media, they hyped us up too much, and now they'll be the ones knocking us down, but we're Gooners, and we're together, so **** 'em.

AFCG7

Established Member
A lot of what is being said is pretty emotional... but please remember we have been ****ed by the fixtures as well..our players are not machines.

Henry could pose as much as he liked..we were ahead and in control until that ****ing idiot Lehmann blundered

lee1001

Established Member
Gabriel Marcotti on talksport always praised Wenger for doing a fantastic job with limited resources. But he warned that in Europe it could be our downfall.

It was tonight.

SF Gooner

How do the players come back from this? To be so close. They have no one else to blame but themselves. You know they are a great team which look far greater when put up against the lesser teams in the Premiership, but these guys need to take a real gut check and ask themselves how they got
here and how can they avoid being in this position again.

When I saw Henry miss so many chances in the first half I started to worry cause it's been our MO to miss great chances in the past few games. We need to finish off team. We need to get that killer instinct back and we need to defend better. If not then we dont win anything and it'll be a long summer.

laolu

PolishGooner said:
laolu said:
PolishGooner said:
laolu said:
guess what? real is ALSO out

not it`s not

yes, on away goals

Giuly gives Monaco hope
Ludovic Giuly's strike a minute into added time cancelled out Raúl González's goal, but Real Madrid CF still held 5-3 overall advantage in the tie

are you in a different world or something, real lost 3-1 on the night and went out on away goals

Adam

Established Member
Tired players, nervous and not loud croud for the second half. No adrenaline.

Lehmann's parry from Lampard wouldn't have happened had the crowd drove the players on at the start of the second half. That is when they took the ascendancy.

Ranieri's tactics and rotation can be questioned at the start of a year, but his players are fresh for when it matters now. We have a compact squad, and our midfield was non-existant in the latters stages. Edu, Vieira and Pires were so out of it that bringing on Gilberto would of even made an offensive difference. All our effort went into the first half - when we have beaten Chelsea at highbury they have usually played better in the first half, and our midfield has dominated in the second. Today we didn't have the resources to do this.

The mentality will be damaged, and our belief of making it further for next year. We have a psychological issue now to prove.

The Premiership is important now, and the players must be up for it although the stuffing has been knocked out of them.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom