• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeRon

Bye bye Cashley you chutney ferret! Make sure you come back to see your 'friends' soon! We can't wait to see you............... :twisted:

Ginger_Reyes

5m + gallas. I tell you what Chelsea are laughing at us right now. That little C*nt cole and chelsea have conspired to force our hand. I tell you what enger will be not best toopleased with this price.

KaiserSnake

Yeah i think we should close this thread now. Its a sad day to see one of our own decide he wants to play for them small club Chavs above his "own club"

This is probably the most bitter Arsenal exit for me in all my time of following the club.

kopzilla

Always Negative
so cashley mole is off..gallas is in

i hope gallas warms up to the squad quickly

he should ..in the presence of wenger and henry

..he is a bit demanding but i hope wenger can handle him properly

baptista..? it depends on how quicky he adjusts to the squad. i think wenger is relying on gilberto to keep him company before he feels at home..how things work out off the field is equally important.

i hope there are no excuses now..we should win most of our games..

the middlesborough match is going to be lip smacking when wenger will try our new recruits

Gurgen

Established Member
Chelsea are not laughing at us, roflcopter.

Mourinho, you know the only one on Chelsea side who actually understands football, knows we've got the better deal, as is pretty much the general consensus.

onechippy

I'm so pleased this scumbag has finally gone. When he continually says that he was 'hung out to dry by The Arsenal' really makes my blood boil! HE was the one who went behind OUR backs last January. What a hypocrite!

Go you ****, and worship your God.

Feis-al

I see a header against Chelsea and this time, Gallas to score first. Just want to see who marks Henry next time we play them, I just can't wait. Imagine kolo and Gallas partnership, Someone is going to realise how strong that Chelsea defence is with carvalho and terry. This guy in my opinion is their best defender not JT and much as am disappointed with Cole, I'm dying to see how this shotman fits in their system. Good riddance and I hope we can settlen playing now.

AGooner

Ginger_Reyes said:
5m + gallas. I tell you what Chelsea are laughing at us right now. That little C*nt cole and chelsea have conspired to force our hand. I tell you what enger will be not best toopleased with this price.

IMO Ashley Cole used to be a humble guy that used to feel it was a privelage and honour to play for Arsenal. For a few months, he had some bad press with regard to his defending for the England team and some diving accusations, but AW always believed in him and stuck by him, consequently he matured into quite a useful LB.

Then he started going out with a (supposed) popstar and started hanging out with the high earners in the England team and started listening to his agent. To combate his own insecurity, he convinced himself that he was better looking than he actually was and the value he placed on himself as a footballer got somewhat inflated. This is what led him to the door of the paymaster.

When he got caught, he had to come up with a story. But there had to be a villain in his story, every story has to have a villain. Since DD had some bad press last season (with regard to the England team and the FA) there was an opportunity to pounce on this take advantage of it. The simple truth is that DD and the board acted in the best interest of the club. So what if the negociations were handled badly? All he had to do was not sign, and eventually he would have been payed what he was asking for. That is the nature of negociation. Whos' trying to feed who to the sharks?

As for the future, the next Posh and Becks? I think not. Becks is far more marketable, often delivered on the pitch and was never hated by the fans of his previous club. AC will probably make more money throughout his career now that he is with the Chavs, but I have no doubt that his football will suffer. But anyway he's git what's important to him.

Personally in the last 15 years, I have never detested an ex-Arsnenal player more, and I am sure people will see this for what it is.

jay-d

Established Member
Would have liked more money obviously, but only because it was Chelsea. To be fair we have got the much better deal, a better defender in a more crucial position CB. And we got £5m for it as well. Which it seems we have splashed out on the next big thing from Brazil. So add that to Bap the squad is now a lot more balanced. A very happy bunny. But next time don't leave it so late Arsène.

Jameel46

Established Member
thank god that son of a ***** is gone (and also reyes), finally some peace in the squad and we've now got two players that will give us presence on the pitch, who'd have thought we'd have Rosicky, Gallas, & Baptista in one transfer window, i for one kept faith in the professor and i know all of you did too :wink:

Zico

Established Member
Well said Big Pops. A lot of Arsenal-Mania fans are disappointed because we started at a higher figure.

Just ask yourself these two questions:
1) Would we have been able to get Gallas if we had originally quoted a low price for Ashley Cole (eg 15 mil)?
2) If we had just sold Cole for 20 million without Gallas in return when would we have spent that money? Were there available defenders?
3) Are Terry, Carvallho and Cannibal enough defenders for Chelsea? And are any of them better than Gallas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom