• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Jameel46

Established Member
lazyfreak said:
I'm just wondering... when Upson left, he left because he couldn't get regular first team action right? So now that Wenger is looking for a CB, why not get him back? or is Upson not good anymore?

Upson isn't good enough for arsenal.

lazyfreak

Alright! Because I don't really watch Birmingham so I wouldn't really know. hehe! And if I remember correctly, Wenger didn't want Upson to leave in the first place so it could've been an option to get him back. But if you say hes not good enough than I'll take your word for it.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Center back is the main priority at the moment. Clichy, Flamini and Traore looks like they could do ok say if that judas Cashley Cole were to leave. It would be wonderful if AW signs someone who is versatile so that if Senderos is fit again, he could be also tried at LB say if the other 3 frenchman puts bad performances.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Chivu should be a major target if Cole leaves becausev I feel that Clichy is worthy of a shot at making LB his and we still havve Flam and Toure as backup. And If Leonardo sees this he may conferm that Chivu has played DM aswell in his Ajax and youinger nationalteam days.

GraPu

I'm agree with weisheng, how about Sorin? He won't hinder the development of Clichy anyway.

Hmm, if it isn't Sorin, how about switch Lauren to left back ?

junialum

Well Lauren was adaptable enough to switch from DMC to RB. I'm not sure about trying a reasonably old head in a new position. Flamini could be cover again.

lazyfreak

Lauren has played at LB for us before. Quite a few times aswell. One of those games was away to Newcastle if I remember correctly. So if Wenger decides to put Lauren at LB, it wouldn't be a surprise.

cesc18

chivu/mexes/gallas
mascherano/baptista
taiwo/lahm

although none of the above seem even remotely possible :(
oh well it is the wish list

Appiah is what we need.....

After watch him during the world cup, and before, when he played for juventus, or in his present at Fenerbache, it's obvious that he is one of the best midfielders in the earth, I mean he can run the whole pitch, he makes great passes (1-2 passes specially), he is a machine, not even human.
So thats why I think we MUST sign him, cuz as I said we need an engine in the midfield, I hope Wenger can realize that.
PD: another possibility is Yaya Toure.

Harding

whats tyhe point in signing appiah if he cant even play for us in the champs league?

Gallas
Baptista

now wouldnt that be sweeter than chocolate burried in a mountain of sugar

fuma75

lazyfreak said:
Lauren has played at LB for us before. Quite a few times aswell. One of those games was away to Newcastle if I remember correctly. So if Wenger decides to put Lauren at LB, it wouldn't be a surprise.

he played at LB against chelski last year didnt he?

dos1986

Established Member
Id be happy with these replacements

Cole 23m 4 Taiwo 6m
Sol free 4 Fabricio Coloccini 7m

Add Borja Oubiña/Javi Garcia 6m and Ribery 13m

Buhry

Established Member

A central defender, a central midfielder and a left back, taiwo sounds promising.
I'm not getting my hopes up to much though, i've learnt a lesson from the previous two summers.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom