• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
If they want a creative CM and sign Sneijder, they will be desperately disappointed. He is the dutch Scholes, though.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
I have an even better idea. We should kidnap VdV from Sp**s, and put Vela in their team. He can play for them while he's lame, and once he starts getting better, his contract will run out and we'll get him back :)

VdV would also do well to convince RvP to stay. He can play anywhere in front 5, he can get the goals.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
De Jong
Modric Wilshere
Walcott Van Persie Pato

As our front 6.

How many of you would take Flamini back on a bosman?

Personally, I wouldn't, but i'd like to know other views on him.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
I'd take him back instantly and send Diaby packing.

I don't think we need 2 CM's personally, infact just one quality squad player would do me. Song/Flamini Wilshere/Arteta and Ramsey/Rosicky would be just fine.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Haven't seen much of Milan and even less of Flamini given how he isn't even a starter, but if he could recapture his 07/08 form I probably would take him, awkwardness aside.

Would hate de Jong here, by the way. Absolute khunt of a man and footballer.

Anzac

Established Member
Could / does Asamoah play a similar dynamic defensive B2B role as Flamini played in 07/08?
If so then I'd take him ahead of Song.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Don't want Flamini back.

Rather see us doing our best to ensure Coquelin has a future here. He's got bigger potential than Flamini and he's not as limited.

If we definitely lost Coquelin and Diaby was to leave as well, I'd think about it again, though.

TheJoyofCesc

Not a top, top quality player but see a few of the smaller Prem clubs looking at Nedum Onuoha in the Jan transfer window.
Would not see him as a starter but he is pretty versatile and can play across the back 4 and also in midfield. Could be useful as cover for our injury prone defenders.
Not a priority in any way but an interesting option perhaps.
Thoughts?

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anzac said:
Could / does Asamoah play a similar dynamic defensive B2B role as Flamini played in 07/08?
How can you know so little of a play as to not know what position he plays and yet be so sure you'd take him over Song?

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
1macca1 said:
Anzac said:
How can you know so little of a play as to not know what position he plays and yet be so sure you'd take him over Song?

:D Explain yourself Anzac!

Anyways Asamoah is a more attacking/technical player and wouldn't be my ideal signing. Plus he's African and we could do with Song's alternative not jogging off to the ANC as well.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Cavani would cost a bomb. Would be worth it but then we'd also have the issue of juggling RVP and him in the central role, which is why this would never happen.

Lavezzi would probably be more believable, cheaper, and would fit in with our current set-up using pacy forwards in the wide roles. Runs all day long aswell, but doesn't really score enough. Would be a good addition IMO.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
As good as we've been lately i think 4-4-2 should still be considered for certain games. Would allow us to give Park/Chamakh games alongside RvP and also allow us to mix things up a bit more.

Would also mean that we could spend a bit on the right player knowing that he wouldn't just be a back-up.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Armor for Sleep said:
As good as we've been lately i think 4-4-2 should still be considered for certain games. Would allow us to give Park/Chamakh games alongside RvP and also allow us to mix things up a bit more.

Would also mean that we could spend a bit on the right player knowing that he wouldn't just be a back-up.

I don't know how well we'd keep the ball that way. It's possible if you have a player capable of playing SS but helping keep the ball in the middle. If you give up the technical quality, and you lose out in the middle, and therefore unnecessarily sacrificing possession, you expose yourself more. Especially if it's a team like us built around that idea, and not meant to be defensively oriented. Our defense is based on winning the ball back quickly higher up the pitch, or has been most of the time; rather than soaking up pressure and dealing with heaps of opposition attack. most teams who share close to half or more of the ball don't just play tippy tappy like barca; they come at us every chance they get, like Chelsea or Utd. even WBA at home last season.

So, with the perfect blend of players, we could play 4-4-2. It would mean RvP playing just off the striker, and two industrious AND skilled midfielders able to do the specific job asked of each of them. They'd need to drift in and pick up the ball at times, and they'd need to share the creativity. If one of them is sharing playmaking duties this way, the other would have to take higher role, either wide or joining the attackers. So, if we want to mimimize the burden on RvP, then we'd need the perfect mix of other players in the formation, and we'd need to convert chances more instead of having RvP run around all game and risking injury.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
It would only be for select games.

I think something like this could work fine:

Benayoun Song Arteta Gervinho
-----Chamakh Van Persie------

Would also allow Chamakh (or whoever) to build a bit of confidence and therefore be match sharp for when Robin needs a rest.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I like the idea, AFS, especially that last reason but I don't think it should be tried for a while. We don't want to risk losing momentum by changing a winning formula.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
If we're moving to a 4-4-2 and RvP is to have a strike partner, then there is no way I want him to be Chamakh. Theo would be my first choice for this role, closely followed by Park and then Bendtner. I'd even consider Afobe ahead of Chamakh.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom