• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ibby

Established Member
The Jury said:
God, why can't we be linked with Eduardo Vargas of Universidad De Chile?

He'll be snapped up next season by a top european club, no question. Jusy why the **** can't it be us? :(
Aurelio+De+Laurentiis+Celebrity+Sightings+d2j6LS6yfbHl.jpg

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Type of player like him seems to be the missing piece of the puzzle. Cover for Gervinho when he's @ ACON. Cover for RvP up top. We could have an option to rotate the entire front 3. The rest of the team creates chances anyway, so if Podolski starts clicking with teammates and finishes off the chances, he could even get double figures by end-season. Vital option for the wings as well, as we need goals from widemen. He'd also be a different option to Theo/Gervinho at times, especially for the parked bus where theo's pace won't mean much. If we have trickery and composure in and around the box in tight spaces, i feel like we'll be able to open up teams like Everton and Fulham more easily. Especially if that's coming from both flanks, Gervinho could be incredible on the right, crossing with his stronger foot. he's got good awareness of space and with a simple shift of direction can open up the defensive structure.

for emergency situations, we could even see Podolski up top with RvP for everyone's beloved 4-4-2.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Well that's just for January, we ain't getting Hazard nor Gotze next month.

Flow

Arshavin, Diaby, Chamakh and Gibbs out.

Reus, Podolski, Biglia and Baines in.

To stand a chance we need some REAL firepower in the market.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
ferrarif50hunt said:
TWO attackers, not one, two.

We need a wide player and another competent striker.
Or one wide player capable of playing through the middle to0

If we were linked to someone like that...

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Irish_Owen said:
ferrarif50hunt said:
TWO attackers, not one, two.

We need a wide player and another competent striker.
Or one wide player capable of playing through the middle to0

If we were linked to someone like that...
I'd be far more comfortable with one of each.

If van Persie goes down in January (touch wood) then it'll be a disaster, especially with Gervinho and Chamakh away in Africa. One player (Podolski for example) cant cover two positions at once.

TheJoyofCesc

kalleTheMan said:
We need Götze or Hazard, simple as that

I fear both are now out of our price range. Podolski is a more likely signing. Someone who can score goals is a must. Defensively I think we can cope with the current personnel barring any further injuries.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
TheJoyofCesc said:
kalleTheMan said:
We need Götze or Hazard, simple as that

I fear both are now out of our price range. Podolski is a more likely signing. Someone who can score goals is a must. Defensively I think we can cope with the current personnel barring any further injuries.

What exactly IS our price range? and how much do these players cost? consider also that Lille and Dortmund are out of the UCL.

Segway

I'd love Ba (can't see that he has dodgy knees) and Reus as well although Podolski is my preferred choice as I think he'll adapt to the PL more quickly than Reus considering his experience.

How about Nedum Onouha as an emergency option on right back? I think he's a more than decent player and he can also play in the center. If we could loan him in Jan (although I highly doubt Mancini will let that happen) I'd do it.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
No, not Ba.
He could score hundreds of goals over the next couple of months, and I'd still say "no".

Take a look at how he 'got' his move away from Hoffenheim to WHam - read through this piece if your German is good, otherwise, use the Google Translator.

Terrible, terrible attitude.

Flow

Hazard won't score goals. No.
Götze is better in a Wilshere/Ramsey-role. Wenger won't buy him. So no.

We need someone like Podolski, Doumbia, Pato, etc. A real goal threat who can play as a winger and as a striker.

And we need a top-top-topclass LB and a backup striker.

With real fullbacks we'd won the game against City.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom