• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

arsenallegends

Established Member
Some of the statistics from the Vermaelen and Koscielny partnership (I will have to dig them up) are hugely impressive. They have completely locked out attacks in certain moments. Its tough to recollect and compare, especially considering that fullback injuries that made the Kos/Per so vulnerable. We were pairing them with the likes of Miquel, Jenkinson, Yennaris, and Coquelin lol.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Vertonghen, Giroud, and... if possible... Lucas Moura!

This kid will become the next Brazillian Ronaldo or Messi.

On DM, The idea of getting M'Vila is attempting, but I can't see that happen with Song, Arteta, Wilshere, Frimpong, and now Coquelin.

Vela

Established Member
GK - Experienced keeper for back-up Jussi Jääskeläinen?
CB - Jan Vertonghen
DM - Yann M'Vila
AM - Shinji Kagawa if not then maybe Younes Belhanda.
(Of course I would want Eden Hazard or Mario Götze)
CF - Olivier Giroud or Demba Ba (Release clause 7.5M)

dpt49

Established Member
GK Anyone with loads of EPL experience as cover, like, Given, Robinson, Jaaskelainen, Sorenson

CB Vertonghen

DM M'Vila

AM Hazard, Goetze, Kagawa

Striker RVP

The best scenario would be
Given
Vertonghen
M'Vila
Hazard/Goetze which would probably cost about 60m for four of these.
and RVP to sign a new contract

Get rid of the high wage earners like
Arshavin
Chamakh
Rosicky
Denilson
Diaby
Almunia
Squillaci
Djourou

Who earn about 25m a year, between them.

We still have the 30m profit from the last transfer window so we are not spending much more than any decent club spends, and we get a few top quality players, rather than a lot of under average players.

musicmonkey

Established Member
I've watched Bolton a fair bit this season and there's a reason why Bogdan starts. Whilst Jussi's experience could help a little (even then i don't know what he could show/tell Szczesny that Jens didn't), he really wouldn't add anything in terms of backup that Fabianski or even Mannone offer. He's was never especially strong arielly and he's very sow to get down to shots now.

Given's probably too hard to get, the only other i'd take is Sorensen maybe?

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Our problem is that the obvious candidates (Sorensen, Schwarzer) have just signed contracts.

Jaaskelainen is really poor, and far from good enough. Vorm would be good, but it's unlikely he would swap his #1 role with Swansea to be sub here.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Craig Gordon will likely be available (+for free), but I reckon he'll be looking for a starting gig somewhere.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Missed alot of football in recent years after fracturing his arm, twice I think, and has had knee issues, but he's been fine for the latter part of this season.

I would take a punt.

Floating

Established Member
What about Shay Given? If Villa go down, I think he'd be available at a cut price, and he's about the best we could hope for.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Floating said:
What about Shay Given? If Villa go down, I think he'd be available at a cut price, and he's about the best we could hope for.

Villa can't go down now mate, not that Given would come to sit on the bench as thats the reason he left City.

Lots of quality keepers around, young or experienced who would come and sit on our bench.

The Escaped Ape

Floating said:

Do you think he'd take a second choice option? I think he'd prefer to be a first choice keeper somewhere, even for a smaller team.

ricky1985

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Craig Gordon will likely be available (+for free), but I reckon he'll be looking for a starting gig somewhere.
I'd be over the moon if we could get him in for free. He'd get games in the cups and in football anything can happen. I think he'd be mad not to gamble, the chance to join a club like Arsenal doesn't come around very often.

He's not as good a goalkeeper as Szczesny, but he has tons of experience and seems a level-headed bloke that would be good to have around the rest of the squad.

Bossa

Established Member
Really thought that he would become a great keeper. I would be happy to sign him as a number 2.

iced22

Speaking of keepers who have fallen from grace, anybody fancy a punt on Rene Adler?

The man used to be Germany #2, but has lost his spot at Leverkusen this season and consequently his national team spot. He's available on a free and has said he will be leaving. Might just be the type of experienced keeper who will also be hungry to start.

Granted, a keeper of his quality will likely find good clubs who will offer him a starting spot, but if he's willing to fight Chesney, I don't see why not.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Adler will move to Hamburger SV apparently, they've been negotiating for a couple of weeks now, and now that HSV are safe from relegation, they'll finish the deal I guess.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom