• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

So what's the problem with Morata ? I haven't see enough of him to judge , but posters say he's fast , a good finisher , great movement and technically good so what's up with his scoring record ?

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Some would say he's Gdeep. :cool:

(I know...I can do better, I'll see myself out)

GDeep is not impressed:

gdeep_jeona.jpg

scytheavatar

Established Member
So what's the problem with Morata ? I haven't see enough of him to judge , but posters say he's fast , a good finisher , great movement and technically good so what's up with his scoring record ?

He's the forward version of Chamberlain, his talent is obvious but he's perpetually raw as hell and always seems to have mentality problems. Like Chamberlain he's a introvert/moody guy and when his confidence is low he messes up everything. In fact a lot of our current players are like that which is why I can't see Morata being good enough to be an upgrade from Giroud.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He's the forward version of Chamberlain, his talent is obvious but he's perpetually raw as hell and always seems to have mentality problems. Like Chamberlain he's a introvert/moody guy and when his confidence is low he messes up everything. In fact a lot of our current players are like that which is why I can't see Morata being good enough to be an upgrade from Giroud.

Thanks for that . That's a problem , our next striker has to have a big personality .

Wounded Healer

Thanks for that . That's a problem , our next striker has to have a big personality .
confidence isn't equaling big. some of the greatest people in history were moody and introvert. maybe its not exactly the problem. maybe these guys need some kind of a thicker skin and positively channel rage like henry did.

WhatAFC

A proper striker would double that. A proper striker wouldn't go months without a goal.
Fancy telling everyone these strikers who play/played for an English club and scored 42+ goals in a season?
Only one I can come up with is Ronaldo, who did it a grand total of once...

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Fancy telling everyone these strikers who play/played for an English club and scored 42+ goals in a season?
Only one I can come up with is Ronaldo, who did it a grand total of once...

He has 13 league goals, Vardy and Kane have 25 and neither of them have Özil behind them. If you then factor in a world class striker might take us further in the CL as well as possible cup runs, you are looking at close to double what Giroud is producing, yes. For what it's worth, I don't think Morata's the answer either.

TopGunner81

Agree with most of this buy how is chamberlain an introvert/moody guy? Always seemed like a big personality to me!

WhatAFC

He has 13 league goals, Vardy and Kane have 25 and neither of them have Özil behind them. If you then factor in a world class striker might take us further in the CL as well as possible cup runs, you are looking at close to double what Giroud is producing, yes. For what it's worth, I don't think Morata's the answer either.

You said girouds best asset was his defending, I said his 21 goals were a bigger asset.
To which you said a proper striker would double girouds 21 goals this season. Yet no striker does this for any English club in all competitions let alone domestically. So no it isn't very realistic.

Giroud shouldn't be a starter for us but put your agenda aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom