• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Recoba

brianfrance

Established Member
Linked to us 'Gazzetto dello sport'

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sports.fr/fr/cmc/scanner/football/20056/news_58890.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sports.fr/fr/cmc/scanner/foo ... 58890.html</a>

MightyArsenal

Agreed, its too good to be true. But im Not sure if hes the best paid player in Italy anymore, I think he renegotiated and had to have his wages lowered. Even still his wages would be too high for us.

kiddou

Recoba is great but seems to be very inconsistent. One of the main reasons for his unrealistically high wages was that Moratti ( Inter president ) though of him as a son. He would be good for us I think, but it's too good to be true as patrcik42uk said. Good point MightyArsenal - his current wages are probably well beyong our reach.

Canuck

Established Member
Always thought he was an ok player, not much more than that though, very inconsistent. He has never really forced his way into the Inter first team.
Would this qualify as a "big name signing" for all those grumblers?
I think that if he did come we could work him into the team quite well. Big IF though.

So if Recoba comes as Bobby's replacement does that mean Reyes is more likely to go or does it mean that Reyes stays and gets to play the Dennis role more as opposed to the LW?

tox

This dude has one serious left foot, pure culture! Would love him at arsenal and i think wenger could get some consistency out him. very unlikely though.

Mark

Established Member
He'd be more inconsistent than Pires, even though he may be more talented. Isn't he getting on a bit now anyway? A younger replacement would be needed.

awooga83

Established Member
Yes i pretty much echo everyone elses words he can be amazing and has scored some great goals but he is very hit and miss and only shows up in one game every now and then.

He is inconsistent because he is inconsistently played, The stats say it for themselves. He had the best minute per goal ratio out of any Inter player last season and he isn't even a striker. He has only started 6 games this season but has 5 goals and 6 assists.

He is a genius, He has talent, technique, vision that are just on another level.

Bergkamp is one of my favs, But he doesn't touch Recoba If Im honest.

The biggest wasted talent in the modern football, Seriously you think he is good but you have no idea how good he is.

I really do hope Arsenal get him, Time is running out and he has wasted his career at Inter.

Be more open minded and follow his game instead of being a casual that thinks he knows everything about the player, Imagine if Henry stayed at Juve where would he be?

Recoba, Is better than Zidane Rivaldo Totti all these players. Belive me if they were in his shoes they wouldn't do half as well and Moratti would throw them away like the Bergkamps Baggios Roberto Carlos etc. Ask yourself why he rejected Ronaldinho when PSG wanted Recoba in exchange.

Inter are a joke to football but things might be changing for them now but its getting to late for Chino, These players are all mortals don't think just because you are the most talented you can't be wasted.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
dude, seriously, i think you have your panties a tad too tight...

yeah, Recoba is so much better than Ronaldo, Zidane, etc...

and Bergkamp? no, seriously... you think Recoba can touch Bergy's boots with a 10-foot pole? he should be shining Bergy's boots...

have yourself a go at other forums mate, since you are obviously just here for a wind up..

c-ya

Well its obvious your not Arsène Wenger

You just have to remember how Bergkamp was rated at Inter, He didn't nothing and didn't impress anyone as much as Recoba has. Moratti famously said ''Arsenal will be lucky to get 15 goals out of him''

Belive me you have no clue about Inter, This is the club that had Roberto Carlos on the bench because of the great Pistone, PISTONE!!!!

Recoba at Arsenal would be something else, The EPL hasn't seen a player like him

btw Ronaldo has said on many occasions that Recoba is the most talented player he has worked with, As has Mutu Vieri Toldo etc etc

the dawn raids

Established Member
USArsenal said:
dude, seriously, i think you have your panties a tad too tight...

yeah, Recoba is so much better than Ronaldo, Zidane, etc...

and Bergkamp? no, seriously... you think Recoba can touch Bergy's boots with a 10-foot pole? he should be shining Bergy's boots...

have yourself a go at other forums mate, since you are obviously just here for a wind up..

c-ya

no text language :wink:

Canuck

Established Member
Recoba at Arsenal would be something else, The EPL hasn't seen a player like him

You're probably right about that.

Of course many people here haven't seen that much of him, and I do think he has skill. The main sticking point would have to be price, and his age.
That said, I would be fairly happy with the signing and I think that he would work well in our style of play and Wenger could get the best out of him.
So if he comes, great. If he doesn't come, *shrug* we'll get by.

It didn't take long for a newuser to show up with the Recoba name did it...

We'll all just have to wait and see.

I hope he does, He has only been at 3 clubs outside Inter

Danubio and Club Nacional in Uruguay (62 goals in 58 games since he was 17) and Venezia who were tipped for relegation at Christmas until Inter loan them a young Recoba for half a season, He took them to midtable come May(11 goals 9 assists in 20 games)

Hopefully Arsenal will show them that its Inter once again and not the player, As they did with the great Bergkamp(even if he isn't as good as Chino)

BTW Im no blinded Recoba fan, I know my football and I have never seen such a talent as Recoba.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
your no blinded Recoba fan, but you felt it necessary to register on an Arsenal forum and use Recoba as a screen name? uh huh...

i have seen Recoba play on several occasions... he is decent, but "talented" does not make world class... and certainly does not make him better than Zidane or Ronaldo or Henry, etc...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
and South Americans have a tendency to flop in the EPL... other than Gilberto, name one that has been worth the price paid? Veron? Kleberson? Forlan?

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom