• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Recoba

Actully its about 90% Arsenal if he does leave ofcourse, Which is getting very likely now.

Nah its not on the news but Arsenal have made contact and Recoba has asked to leave. Unless Mancini plays him in the derby he is gone

HalliGoalie

I read on a very reiable icelandic source (i'm icelandic) that Inter want to secure the services of edu and are willing to trade edu for recoba (they want edu and they want to get recoba of their payroal).

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Kily's well past his best in my opinion. I'm not too sure whether Recoba would suit our style of play. He is a bit of a luxury.

lee1001

Established Member
Just downloaded and watched ALL the goals from that site...

He has a truly astonishing left foot. Is there a player in the world who can match his left foot? I thought Reyes could hit them, boy this guy certainly can.

He just doesn't score **** goals does he? They are all spectacular!

But again there is a question mark over him because he is South American. As we all know they adjust to the premiership the hardest, especialy the flair players.

Does he speak any English?
How would he adjust to the premiership?

He also looks quite slight. Could he handle the physical nature of our league?

Can he shoot with his right foot? He has an awesome shot but maybe a little too one footed??

Where would he fit into our style of play?
Although i have seen the goals, what is his passing and link up play like?
Is he quick?

Can anyone answer my questions?

Big question marks over this guy joining Arsenal. After seeing the goals, i can believe people when they say he is one of the most talented guys out there. Id love to see him at Arsenal, just imagine the goals!!

lee1001

Established Member
AlvaroRecoba, you have not defended a valid point suggested earlier. How come all these managers have come and go at Inter yet Recoba has always been on the bench?

You say Inter have mis-used him...usualy thats the manager's fault. I dont see how three (?) managers could have all been wrong!!

A

Anonymous

lee1001 said:
AlvaroRecoba, you have not defended a valid point suggested earlier. How come all these managers have come and go at Inter yet Recoba has always been on the bench?

You say Inter have mis-used him...usualy thats the manager's fault. I dont see how three (?) managers could have all been wrong!!

This is his first season on hte bench. Its difficult for them to play him because he is not an out-and-out striker but plays in behind them more often then not. Abundance of talent. Really i beleive he is special! will he fit in the premier league? whos to know

asajoseph

Established Member
HalliGoalie said:
I read on a very reiable icelandic source (i'm icelandic) that Inter want to secure the services of edu and are willing to trade edu for recoba (they want edu and they want to get recoba of their payroal).

How would this work? Edu's out of contract at the end of the season - Inter don't have to 'trade' anything for him, 'cos he'll be available for free.

A

Anonymous

asajoseph said:
HalliGoalie said:

How would this work? Edu's out of contract at the end of the season - Inter don't have to 'trade' anything for him, 'cos he'll be available for free.

If you read the quote you will find your answer. Inter want him off there payroll. Also if they can secure the deal before the next transfer window opens, then they wont have to try and battle it out with the likes of valencia and barcelona

Ok I have been studying Recoba for god knows how long and let me tell you its Inter more than him(but its his fault for staying there) You have to understand that this is the most cursed club in modern football without a shadow of a doubt, They've had Ronaldo Recoba Vieri Bergkamp Kanu Crespo Batisuta Zamarano Adriano Martins Kallon Cruz Mutu Djoreaff etc etc I forgot all the names but with all these forwards and great players in other positions they won f*ck all. Now Recoba hasn't been played around with all the time Zac last season played Recoba when he came back from injury in the 2nd half of the season and Adriano-Recoba formed a great partnership but Zaccaroni was only a stop in for Mancini. Mancini is great friends with Vieri and he is one of the most bias coaches you will see. He played Vieri as a 2nd forward in the derby when he had Adriano on the bench and Recoba/Davids in the stands. Recoba has saved his ass so many times this season and he still doesn't like him. For personal reason ofcourse.

In Recoba's first season with Inter he was bought at the same time the big Ronaldo signing happened and everyone was focussed on Ronaldo in the first game of the season but he did **** all and Inter were 1-0 down against Brescia. In the last 15 mins they bought on this little chinese looking guy nobody had a clue who the hell he was even though he scored 62 goals in 58 games in Uruguay. Well he scored 2 wondergoals and stole the show. He didn't play again for months and when he played again they were 1-0 down again and Ronaldo was poor. They brought him on a he scored a better goal than David Beckham's against Wimbedon. Out of nothing from the halfway line. Pure genuis so that 3 goals 46 minutes of play and its febuary and you scored 3 wondergoals in 46minutes but never got to start??!! or play nothing more than a few sub apperances in injury time. I don't understand that but anyway the next season same old BS he played 1 sub apperance in the whole of the first half of the season so Moratti decided to loan him out to Venezia who were in the relegation zone.. we all know what happens there and he becomes the star of SerieA even beating Inter 3-1 and saving Venezia from relegation. He came back and still Inter didn't treat him right because with Recoba you have to let him be free. I mean he isn't normal so he shouldn't be treated like a circus act. He did well under Lippi and even bench Baggio. Got the highest wage in football and then when things started to be going well he was hit with a ban from football because of that passport scandal. He was out for 4 months and then Hector Cuper came. The most defensive coach ever. He decided Recoba was a left midfielder and he built a ultra defensive long ball team with zero creativity and expect Recoba to defend and run hard whilst the fans expected his maradona runs and goals even though he and Vieri was outnumbered in attack. He made a million assist for Vieri anyway and made some great performances but even then he couldn't be great all the time in those circumstances really.When you think about it nor would Maradona. People just didn't look deep enough and called him supertalented but inconsistent even though his statistic show he is superconsistent when given time in his proper position. second forward or the bergkamp role.

Last season he had the best minute per goal ratio out of any Inter player, 8 goals in 1001 minutes and 11 assists in SerieA. This season he has 6 goals and 8 assists in 7 starts and in 1111 minutes.

Mancini hates him basically and he is one of the most unluckiest players ever. He has talent like no other and even though he is 29 in 1/2 weeks he would be great along side Henry. If he came 2 seasons back he would of won the golden ball in his first season but now he would probably win the EPL player of the season or be a contender.

I hope Arsenal get him anyway as he is a true football genius, Maybe all this bs balances out the talent he has been given...

Does he speak any English?
How would he adjust to the premiership?

He also looks quite slight. Could he handle the physical nature of our league?

Can he shoot with his right foot? He has an awesome shot but maybe a little too one footed??

Where would he fit into our style of play?
Although i have seen the goals, what is his passing and link up play like?
Is he quick?

Can anyone answer my questions?

No no English

Along side Henry he'd fit in just perfectly, He is a genuis

His size is no problem, He is too quick in mind, One step ahead always

Yeah well he can shoot with his right but compared to his left it looks like nothing, If you had a left foot like that you wouldn't care.

Yes Im convinced he would fit into Arsenal style of play if he played in bergkamp's role, You'd win the Premiership.

Even though he can make a assist like no one else he isn't a classic playermaker like a Veron or Xavi but more a magician, Abit like Bergkamp only better He has out of this world vision and he has a amazing long ball and cross, Better than Beckham's. Just give him the free role and basically Henry will be through on goal many times in a game. Them 2 together would be poetry in motion.

He has speed, Whether he will still be fast come next season I don't know but he has a good burt of pace and in his prime he burned players all the time. He is a genius so it doesn't matter if his legs give in or not but I say he has atleast 1/2 seasons left of greatness.

lee1001

Established Member
AlvaroRecoba, thanks for answering my questions. :D

He does sound very exciting and the stats you used to back your story completely reinforce your belief in the guy, which is rare in this rumour forum..

"This season he has 6 goals and 8 assists in 7 starts and in 1111 minutes."

For somebody who has been on the bench for three years that is an outstanding record and hopefully means he won't need forwever to get sharp.

The question, "How do we replace Bergkamp?" has been on everybodies lips for months now. It sound like Recoba has everything needed to be Bergkamp's replacement.

Playmakers like Bergkamp and Fabregas don't tend to be lightning fast, so i don't think it should be a problem for Recoba playing for Arsenal. Besides, thats what Henry, Reyes, Aliadiere and Quincy are for.

You've got me excited now, whether there is any possibility in him coming to Arsenal im not sure and I still worry the premiership might be to Physical for him.

Is he injury prone?

If only he was slightly younger. However in the 97/98 double season Bergkamp was 28/29 and he was the best player in the world at that point.

Well at Inter everyone is injury prone especially if they don't play much, He gets injuries but not really injury prone but at Arsenal I don't think he would get many injuries if he played week in week out and had match fitness in his legs.

Well this is the last I'll post in the forum, I don't want to get my hopes up because I've heard this all before with Man Utd Barca etc all being rejected. But this time its pretty certain its either him or the coach leaving and its probably Recoba. Arsenal or Sampdoria. Its now or never. If he left when he was 25 he would of won the Balon D'or in his first season and Arsenal would of won the CL. No joke

asajoseph

Established Member
Pletikosa said:
asajoseph said:
HalliGoalie said:

If you read the quote you will find your answer. Inter want him off there payroll. Also if they can secure the deal before the next transfer window opens, then they wont have to try and battle it out with the likes of valencia and barcelona

Hmmm... I hate to get picky with semantics, but... Miriam Webster defines 'trade' in several ways, one of which is this:

5 a : an act or instance of trading : TRANSACTION; also : an exchange of property usually without use of money

Therefore, the implication of the word is that one or more parties are involved in a planned exchange of properties. Again, I still fail to see how this might work - if Inter want Edu, they can have him without negotiating with Arsenal, and if they want Recoba off the payroll they can sell him to the highest bidder. I still fail to see how it would be possible for any kind of planned transaction to go through.

Of course, the original post might have simply meant that Arsenal will end up with Recoba, and Inter will end up with Edu through the mechanism of the labour market - but any particular 'deal' worked out between the two clubs involving the 'trade' of the two players is impossible, because Arsenal are no longer free to 'sell' or 'trade' Edu.

Asa

lee1001

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Pletikosa said:
asajoseph said:
HalliGoalie said:

Hmmm... I hate to get picky with semantics, but... Miriam Webster defines 'trade' in several ways, one of which is this:

5 a : an act or instance of trading : TRANSACTION; also : an exchange of property usually without use of money

Therefore, the implication of the word is that one or more parties are involved in a planned exchange of properties. Again, I still fail to see how this might work - if Inter want Edu, they can have him without negotiating with Arsenal, and if they want Recoba off the payroll they can sell him to the highest bidder. I still fail to see how it would be possible for any kind of planned transaction to go through.

Of course, the original post might have simply meant that Arsenal will end up with Recoba, and Inter will end up with Edu through the mechanism of the labour market - but any particular 'deal' worked out between the two clubs involving the 'trade' of the two players is impossible, because Arsenal are no longer free to 'sell' or 'trade' Edu.

Asa

What a complete ****ing waste of a post.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom