• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

1 year left on their contracts!

Sol man

Freddie, Sol and Arsène all have 1 year left on their contracts and that is a real concern to me. A story came out yesterday about sol leaving for chelsea and this concerns me. For those who haven't read that story here it is.

Chelsea Chase Sol

CHELSEA want to sign Arsenal's England central defender Sol Campbell.

The Blues have been monitoring Campbell's situation at Highbury as he enters the final year of his contract.

Campbell has been made aware of Chelsea's interest, which intensified during England Euro 2004 campaign.

They want to pair Campbell with John Terry, replicating the central defensive partnership for England forged in the absence of Manchester United's banned Rio Ferdinand.

Arsenal have good cause to be concerned because Chelsea's billionaire owner Roman Abramovich is capable of adding to the player's present salary of £100,000 a week.

Arsenal say Campbell is ready to sign a new deal but one of the main stumbling blocks is the sizeable pay cut Campbell would have to take.

Campbell currently gets a basic £60,000 salary topped up with a further £40,000 a week for completing a Bosman free transfer from Tottenham.

Arsenal have told Campbell his new salary is unlikely to exceed £50,000 a week, while Abramovich is set to offer him £110,000.

Source: Sunday Mirror

Sigun

Sol going to chelsea is the funniest thing i've heard all day.

And I've been on Safari!!!

gooner3

i dont think sol would want to go to chelsea. after the way he was treated by Sp**s fans when he came to us i doubt he want to risk being treated like that again

Gooner_Milton

Not to mention he's already won something and will win more in the future.

Chelski is a dead end.

They'll shelf anyone who doesn't perform or gets old in a heartbeat. No loyalty whatsoever.

When's the last time you hear about a Chelsea playing getting a testimonial?

Soler

Established Member
Meh. They were told to **** off about Henry, Vieira and Pires but they just don't listen. Chelsea FC is quite possibly the most disgusting but stupidest club going around.

Then again, money does talk, doesn't it Claude? :roll:

lewdikris

Established Member
Lauren's also entering his last year, as is Ray....

Not remotely a worry about Arsène or Sol. They're here for good. Freddie's actually got two years left as far as i'm aware.

Chelsea can get ****ed.

Gooner_Milton

They can obviously afford to sign someone like Nesta with 5 years left in his contract so why bother signing someone cheap?

fvck chelsea.....

Sunday Mirror? Are they even reliable. Aren't they a step above the Sun?

Ak

Gooner_Milton said:
Chelsea to sign Jeffers

wishful thinking?

NOW THAT WOULD REALLY MAKE MY SEASON!

about sol, well i dunno, it hink the article is just sum journalist thinking "wot othre cel$ki rumours can i come up with" then seeing sol only had one year left. but then again it could happen, if he dont get the contract he wants.

though i reackon wenger will get involved n force dein n co to meet sol's requirements.

Arsenal1989

Mad Jens said:
Meh. They were told to f**k off about Henry, Vieira and Pires but they just don't listen. Chelsea FC is quite possibly the most disgusting but stupidest club going around.

Then again, money does talk, doesn't it Claude? :roll:

Plus, Parker, Joe cole, Veron, Crespo and mutu all went for the money.

Spike

Established Member
Didn't Wenger sign a new contract which will keep him at Arsenal for however long he wants? I remember Dein offering him a job for life just after winning the league. Maybe he hasn't taken up this offer yet, but would be great if he does.

TRUE GUNNER

why would any arsenal player want to leave, there is so many good things happening at the club, we have a new stadium on the way, , we are playing the best football, and more importantly the players are very happy playing with each other and that brings the great team spirit they have.

Why would campbell want to go to chelski lolololol so funny, where do you get this from. He is the best defender in the country so why would let him leave the man is a rock.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom