• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

16 games left

Ratinho

Established Member
PolishGooner said:
_scorpion_ said:
Its just way too early to get nervous about the title....i wish people would see that but oh well......

Yeah, we cant even beat WBA, Chelski cannot be defeated, we lost to Manure and L`vpool, we are 7 points behined, yeah ! what a great season :evil:

Saw much of us before Wenger arrived??

Thought not.

Spoiled fans suck.

TT

nice one Jazz! i dint think of the situation that way, it makes the whole situation seem...hmmm...more positive...

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Ratinho said:
PolishGooner said:
_scorpion_ said:
Its just way too early to get nervous about the title....i wish people would see that but oh well......

Yeah, we cant even beat WBA, Chelski cannot be defeated, we lost to Manure and L`vpool, we are 7 points behined, yeah ! what a great season :evil:

Saw much of us before Wenger arrived??

Thought not.

Spoiled fans suck.

:lol: That is the context of my 2nd place wouldn't be a disaster comment. Of course I want us to win the league, but Chelsea have been fantastic so far and Dein has often said of Wenger that he's been fighting United with one hand tied behind his back. Well the advent of Mourinho and Abramovich sees Wenger with the other hand behind his back now.

The bottom line though is that we are enjoying the longest spell of success in the League than at any other time in our history. 2 games lost in 60 and people complaining? How did you lot cope in the latter years of GG's reign?

JazzG

Established Member
OneteaminLondon said:
How did you lot cope in the latter years of GG's reign?

I'm not so sure many of the moaners were even around during his reign.....

Spike

Established Member
There are two games which could change the destination in which the title is heading.

Chelsea v Manchester
Chelsea v Arsenal

If Chelsea lose both of them and we happen to win all of ours, the gap will be cut to 1 point. And with 1 point, you can say anything can happen.

What we have to do is win everygame, and hope Chelsea lose another somewhere down the line. What we can't afford to do is continually drop points.

towelie

if we cut the lead to 1 point after those games i really think we will win the title

confidence is the key to winning in everything not only footie. they have it now. if those two results go arsenals way it will swing back in our favour. that is when players make 'uncharacteristic' mistakes

and ffs can they get someone injured at the back?
for all their strength in depth they have robert huth playing backup CB i think, and he's a bloody hack

MAK

The big difference between us and Chelsea right now is that they do not conceed goals. We conceed at least one per game. That is what will make the difference come May.

IndoGunnerz

I really think the next month will be the key, Chelskie will play Sp**s and City (who nicked points from them), MoanUtd twice in CC, and end it with games againts Barcelona, with Pompey, Everton, Norwich, Blackburn, and an unspecified FA cup opponents (if they get to the next round)

while we have a start of Bolton, Newcastle and MoanUtd, and a pretty easy fixtures before going againts Munich

so, if anything will happen, it will be in the next month ...

visitor99

towelie said:
and ffs can they get someone injured at the back?
for all their strength in depth they have robert huth playing backup CB i think, and he's a bloody hack
Since the Arsenal game Chelsea's entire defensive squad has consisted of two right backs and two central defenders. Regular first team starters Carvalho and Bridge have been injured, as has Huth. Babayaro moved to Newcastle. Left back has been played by a revolving door of out of position players. (still managed four clean sheets in four, including games against the league's third and fourth highest scoring teams in Liverpool and Boro, though)

Bridge should be back any time now, but according to the Official Chelsea Site Huth and Carvalho are still two and three weeks away respectively from even returning to full training - with match fitness to follow some time after that. Any injury to Gallas or Terry over the next month would see a very makeshift central defence.

Edit - added link to the Huth/Carvalho injury status.

Chelsea has a lot of players in the squad and Moorinhoe has to give chances to them to play games. Fatigueness is not a weakness in the Chelsea team. Their strikers are scoring rarely, but the wingers do their job well(Robben, Duff). So scoring is not a troubling thing for Moorinhoe. They can also score from the defence(Terry) and Petr Cech is not conceding as lot as Arsenal so goalkeeping isn't a thing to worry about for Moorinhoe. The thing to hope for this season is the players lose consistency or their core players gets injured- Terry, Lampard. Moorinhoe once said that he is lucky to have players like Terry and Lampard who can lad the club themselves and because he can also learn something from those duo.

The first thing to do is to set the core of defence and set pieces. Chelsea and Bolton is very good with set pieces and we failed to beat them both.

Then let the wingers support the strikers. The central midfield is focused on defending like we always do( Vieira, Gilberto) Fabregas is a playmaker, not a Defensive Midfielder. I must say we played a new dimension of football this season with the presence of Fabregas' passing but Vieira can't cope with Lampard and Robben menacing round him. Fabregas is easily brushed away by the opponents and it is time to bring a new Defensive Midfielder in. van Bommel, maybe?

Let's just win the games and don't think about others for a while and see where we go.

mood

Very very tough games ahead, and we look tired and not been at our best. A couple of off form players and injuries are deteriorating the situation as well.

I'm not sure about this season. Not because of us, I believe we can hit top form again. BUT because of Chelski. Even when they are playing ****e, they've got luck on their side and end up winning the games.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom