• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

1993 FA Cup Final... Arsenal vs Sheffield Wed...

Feather_Winger

...I can't find the 'ARSENAL ON TV THREAD'... and I know that this thread will be LOCKED... I just wanted to spread the word, that this match will be shown as part of FOX SOCCER CHANNELS FA Cup Archive series...

...the match will be on FSC tonight (27th May 2006), and the match will begin at 11:00pm (EST).

The extra time goal is one of my TOP TEN moments of Arsenal Football Club for me!

Could a Mod please put this post in the appropriate place for me? I didn't know where to put it. Thanks in advance.

the dawn raids

Established Member
theyve had arsenal FA Cup highlights on all week. Tuesday I got to see the '71 final; which was great considering I never got to see the whole thing.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I went to both those games and they were dire!

Linighan's winner was a great moment though, the nearest anyone came to a penalty shootout in the FA cup final till last year...

I saw Linighan at Highbury last year, he sat 5 or 6 rows behind me (actually in the same seat Wrighty sat in during the Wigan game) & it turns out he runs a plumbing business these days.

I doubt even Cygan will need to work again so I guess it shows how times have changed...

From Sheffield Wednesay to Barcelona, from Waddle ro Ronaldhino, in 13 years...

Feather_Winger

Beany said:

Oh, that is just a FANTASTIC way to look at it! Yep... we've grown up! WE ARE PLAYING FOOTBALL WITH THE BIG BOYS of Europe!

Sometimes, it's hard to comprehend, but Arsenal 'are' World Class...

...it makes me feel so wonderful inside!

Feather_Winger

oh, BOLLOCKS! it was the match before the replay...

...oh well... it was nice to see our players from '93

and just to think, the following year, we would win the European Cup Winners' Cup!

GuNNerZ4LiFe

Yea they've been showin a lot of Arsenal games here in the states. Mostly FA cup matches. Great to see some oldies like Parlour on the team. HAHHAHAH

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Feather_Winger said:
oh, BOLLOCKS! it was the match before the replay...

...oh well... it was nice to see our players from '93

and just to think, the following year, we would win the European Cup Winners' Cup!

Christ, that was even worse than the replay!

I remember going out to eat Sushi in Golders Green on the morning of that game and frankly, it was the highlight of the day...

burnsjed

Established Member
Exiled In Newcastle said:
The Cup Finals against Wednesday...300 minutes of the worst football ever seen.

But after the first 90 mins we went back for more.
Then after the next 90 mins we still hadn't had enough!

That sad they were all Cup Final and back then the League Cup mean't something.
I got a nice kicking after that game to!

Asterix

Established Member
Feather_Winger said:
Beany said:

Oh, that is just a FANTASTIC way to look at it! Yep... we've grown up! WE ARE PLAYING FOOTBALL WITH THE BIG BOYS of Europe!

Sometimes, it's hard to comprehend, but Arsenal 'are' World Class...

...it makes me feel so wonderful inside!

Feather - would you mind awfully not using capitals quite so much - it comes across as shouting unnecessarily. cheers

The best thing about those finals, apart from winning them, was the Steve Morrow incident. He appears on a video I've got - could be the Wenger Years one hosted by Alan Davies - and he seems like life passed him by a bit. Hope he's doing okay these days....

air

I remember travelling to watch this one. But not to London, only to Helsinki to watch it on some Swedish TV channel. I got some ice cream, Ian Wright scored, the game went to a replay. That's all I remember.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom