• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2005/2006 Season Review

cubbz_th14

Its out ! Probably a must buy for all gooners with the Highbury closing ceremony and a bergkamp tribute

l_dvd0506.jpg

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I got mine on Saturday- the highlights of the closing ceremony brought tears to my eyes. Wrighty is now forgiven all wrong doing.

That aside, it's a slightly more painful season's review than in recent years, but there are still some very special moments on the dvd. Arsenal seem to be getting better production on these dvds every year. It's excellent.

seb_afc

Established Member
not sure i will buy it. i know its got the closing ceremony but the less i get reminded about paris the better.

cubbz_th14

seb_afc said:
not sure i will buy it. i know its got the closing ceremony but the less i get reminded about paris the better.

just dont watch it after sol's header, besides you cant miss out on the highbury ceremony etc..

Josh27

Got my copy through the post today, £13.99 on Play.com :)
Watched it tonight, great stuff. Pity about all those away defeats though :( And I still cringe at Drogshit's goal at Stamford Bridge.
Still, Henry's goal over in Madrid...shivers down the spine moment ;)

Aussie

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
I got mine on Saturday- the highlights of the closing ceremony brought tears to my eyes. Wrighty is now forgiven all wrong doing.

Good to hear RTC! That pleases me. I havent been able to see any of the closing ceromony since it wasnt shown here and as far as torrents go and all that I have no idea. So will def get this. Looking forward to it.

Dougan17

Josh27 said:
Got my copy through the post today, £13.99 on Play.com :)
Watched it tonight, great stuff. Pity about all those away defeats though :( And I still cringe at Drogshit's goal at Stamford Bridge.
Still, Henry's goal over in Madrid...shivers down the spine moment ;)

Fabregas' goal for me is the best of the season. Pires' tackle was classic, Henry with a nice little turn and pass and then Fabregas coming up with a huge goal right then and then his celebration where he's basically skipping down field with that look on his face like "OH MY GOD!!!!" was just classic. Especially since everyone doubted us going in saying that Juventus are a class team, much better than a struggling Real Madrid and all that and then 32 minutes in Fabregas comes up with that against the best keeper in the world.

Lukazan

Established Member
I got this from Play.com the other day. Although we didn't win anything, and we were totally dominated in away games by the likes of bloody Everton and Blackburn, I still really enjoyed the season and feel it was a special one.

Love watching our CL campaign, it was awesome and one of the best times of my Arsenal supporting life so far. Although in the CL Final, that chance Henry get's a few minutes before Barcelona score, where he hits it straight at Valdez still makes me sick to my stomach. I don't blame Henry but I always find myself thinking "What if? What if Henry had tried to just drill it instead of going for placement? What if, what if??". It wasn't our time I guess, but it would have been absolutely magical to cap off a poor season domestically with a CL win over Barcelona with 10 men.

kamikaze80

Established Member
lukazan, i think thats what made it hurt even more - we had our chances and couldve beaten them on the day, even with 10 men. if we were comprehensively outclassed down to 10 men, then you could almost accept defeat as inevitable.

Lukazan

Established Member
What hurts me alot is that literally seconds before Barcelona scored, I was starting to believe we could do it.

When Sol scored I went mental of course, every Gooner out there did, but I didn't believe we'd hold on.. infact I thought we'd concede a few minutes later. Despite us holding on for the whole of the first half and most of the second, and the fact the commentators were sure we were going to do it and kept reminding everyone watching of how long we had to hold on, I didn't think we could. And as I've already said, just when I started to think 'Hang on.. we might actually do this..' Eto goes and scores. Broke my heart.

Viper

Established Member
Maurice Gooner said:
Is there also a review of the 2005 Amsterdam Tournament that Arsenal won on the DVD ?
Nope.

It only includes our Premiership, 2 F.A. Cup games, Carling Cup and Champions League matches.

kamikaze80

Established Member
yep, it covers every match. given we weren't as fluid in the attack this past season, it started to drag a little bit for me.

really wish freddie had made that goal charlton away - that passing move wouldve been the goal of the season for me.

Lukazan

Established Member
Yep that was Arsenal at their best. Ljungberg just had TOO much time though, so by the time he'd figured what he was going to do the keeper was basically on top of him.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom