• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2009 Youth Cup Winners - Who's Gonna Make It?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8668_5407243,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 43,00.html</a>

Defenders Luke Ayling (17), Craig Eastmond (18), Cedric Evina (17) and 18-year-old goalkeeper James Shea have all been signed on while Fonte, James Dunne, Abu Ogogo, Paul Rodgers, Rene Steer, Vincent van den Berg and Anton Blackwood are released.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Yup, we've come so far with our youth development that even the ones released are pretty decent.

banduan

Established Member
not sure why I said Bendy. I meant Lansbury, who's the only other one from the academy I'd say was as close as Gibbs to the first team (Jack doesn't count. He's a freakazoid like Cesc)

GaelForce22

Established Member
But Bendtner came here when he was like 14/15 didn't he? I'd say that counts him as one of the academy graduates in the same way that Gibbs is (after coming from Wimbledon).

Good for those who got pro contracts, although Eastmond is a bit of a surprise. Can't say I remember seeing Cedric Evina either, is he a right back?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Eastmond and Evina is abit of a surprised. I remember Eastmond particularly as a weak link right?

M+D

Established Member
He's a left back GaelForce, also played left wing on occasion. Very attacking and quick full back, not completely sure about him defensively though. Been in and around the U18s for ages considering he is still only 17, although wasn't a regular until the 2nd half of this season really.Will take over from Cruise as the left back for the Youth Cup this season I guess.

Dez

A few years back people were talking up Quincy as a sure thing here and the way some talked it sounded as if Lupoli was the second coming. As it turned out Bendtner made the first team and has since done ok. Give these guys time and don't expect anyone to be able to do what Cesc has done -he's a freak- because its unrealistic.

Jameel46

Established Member
I have to say I like Coquelin, looks a good little player, a bit similar to Mascherano, expecting big things from him.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
He reminds me more of Flamini, actually. Aggressive and incredibly hard working with high passing accuracy and a good shot. I really hope he gets to start in the Carling cup next season.

Jameel46

Established Member
Flamini and Mascherano are basically the same type of player. Hope he gets some CC time aswell but if we get a DM I doubt he'll be a CC starter as Deni/Song/Diaby/Ramsey will most definately occupy those spots.

banduan

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
He reminds me more of Flamini, actually. Aggressive and incredibly hard working with high passing accuracy and a good shot. I really hope he gets to start in the Carling cup next season.

He started CC last season so I don't see why not next.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Nope. Randall and Ramsey did. Coquelin got thirty minutes towards the end against Burnley I think but that was it. You're probably thinking of FA Youth cup.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom