• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

26 May 1989...

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
I don't know, is it Pele?

No I'm just kidding it's Thierry Henry's dad. No, no I'm just kidding, it's David Rocastle ofcourse.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Lol.

And on that note I think we can leave it.

Sorry mate - I just really couldn't resist.

(Btw - it's amazing over the years how many people thought my avatar was a picture of me!)

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Exiled In Newcastle said:
Btw2 - that photo of Rocky was actually taken at Anfield that day.

Really? And you should keep it that way, it's really you (I'm talking about your personality in this forum, not the real you).

Tegh

Established Member
I was three years old..
Those were the days.
Started supporting Arsenal when I was about 6years old. I watched Fever Pitch the movie, with that bloke who plays Darcy in Bridget Jones, forget his name. Still, quality movie.

burnsjed

Established Member
Amazing as it may sound, as EIN said pubs were not geared for watching football in back then.
After walking around for ages trying to find somewehere I ended up watching the game in a bar called Presley's on Tottenham Court Road with my brother, the pub was full and we were the only 2 supporting Arsenal!
Older members will remember that nearly everyone back then seemed to support Liverpool, but watching the pub in Central London and being the only 2 Arsenal fans was quite surprising!
Was an amazing night and I ended up buying a round for the whole bar after the game!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Tegh said:
I was three years old..
Those were the days.
Started supporting Arsenal when I was about 6years old. I watched Fever Pitch the movie, with that bloke who plays Darcy in Bridget Jones, forget his name. Still, quality movie.

Colin Firth.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I was a bit to young then. I just recently turned 4 so unfortunately I can't remember. But I saw that goal at least few dozen times though. I also saw it in Nick Horby's Fever Pitch and I think that the movie and specially the book, that I read 2 times, are excellent experience for a Gunner. I wish I could be there!!

famous no 10

Established Member
I went to every home match that season and around 5 or so away...me and my best gooner mate had a real fever pitch moment when they whistle blewat the end.

Unbelievable, nothing will ever match that again.

Army of Me

Established Member
magical moment, it was one of those matches where only this will do, and they did it. going into injury time they could've been forgiven for thinking they weren't going to do it but a stroke of good luck and a calm (almost) head finally won it.

****ing genius.

it's sad that there are loads of gooners out there who didn't see this or remember it, but it truly was ****ing magical. still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck seeing micky thomas going spastic on the turf.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
EIN, did you stand in the north bank?

I did, in the "topside".

Mate I was topside before there was a topside!

Yeah, we always stood by the pig pen (knowing the old 'adidas' (3 stripes) up there meant we could get away with murder while everyone around us was liable to get chucked out anytime) and me and my mates were 'Topside' and started all that stuff off with Big Nose and his mates in the middle. Happy days.

Tony Montana

Established Member
TheHotshot said:
I chill homie, but stop bringing up with THAT Rocky incident. Don't you know how it will affect my reputation :?: :cry:

What was funny about that moment is that you thought RockyRocastle the member was the real David Rocastle. I was only young at the time but every gooner should now 1989 and David Rocastle. How did you come to support Arsenal Hotshot? Theirry Henry? I'm not trying to take the piss mate at all. Honestly, it's just weird that these new fans who don't know that much history really exist.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
26th May 1989 was a probably the best day of my life until the early hours of 26th May 2006 when I became a dad!

What a perfect day eh!

Just popped home to get changed and see if we had signed anyone, off now to wet the babies head.

Have a good summer one and all, doubtful I will be around much now due to not getting any sleep!

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Exiled In Newcastle said:
Sorry mate.

One of my favourite ever players was on the team that night. David Rocastle...

Btw - quick competition to see what you've learnt in two months. Who is that on my avatar?
:lol:

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
RockyRocastle said:
26th May 1989 was a probably the best day of my life until the early hours of 26th May 2006 when I became a dad!

What a perfect day eh!

Just popped home to get changed and see if we had signed anyone, off now to wet the babies head.

Have a good summer one and all, doubtful I will be around much now due to not getting any sleep!
Nice one :D

Thommybhoy

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:

What a perfect day eh!

Congratulations!! :)

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom