• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

3 in a row

Looking back now, if we hadn't given the PL to Manure last season, we would be looking at a 3rd consecutive PL title, winning the title this year undefeated, & being classed as probably the greatest ever team in UK. As it is, we're still looked on as underachievers.

Soler

Established Member
Could have, would have, should have ... meh, it's in the past. We stuffed up, we'll move on from there.

Mark

Established Member
You never know what might've happened. If we'd won it last year we might not have won it this year. Hopefully we will win it next year.

The Mini

We are the best team in the UK, maybe just about second to Celtic, but they had an easier league to trounce.

We will achieve that feat one day, it'll come.

brady

i agree that if we had won it last year, we may not have done so this year. winning it two years may have made us just that little bit over-confident (i was about to write arrogant, but i don't think wenger will ever allow it). who knows what winning it this year means to the long-term future of the club? maybe winning it last year would mean we think we don't need reyes or persie and they could turn out to be the real key to the future of arsenal... all very fascinating but no real point to it is there? every moment belongs to us, the good and the bad. otherwise there is no end to it. we could also have done back to back doubles way back in 98 and 99... and what would that have done for us?

GlasgowGooner

The Mini said:
We are the best team in the UK, maybe just about second to Celtic, but they had an easier league to trounce.

The Mini your posts continue to astound me.

Soler

Established Member
The Mini said:

... you don't watch much football, do you? Villa are better than Celtic are.

GlasgowGooner

In the last two years i have watched Celtic being played off the park by Blackburn,Liverpool,Valencia,Barcelona,Villareall all at Parkhead to name but a few, their sheer physical strength has bailed them out on a few of these occasions.

The Mini

Mad Jens said:
The Mini said:

... you don't watch much football, do you? Villa are better than Celtic are.

But but but but :cry:

I only said that because they had something like a 26 game winning streak.

Soler

Established Member
Yeah, well, that means nothing. Croydon Polonia had something like a 50 game winning streak in the SAPL, does that make them better than Arsenal?

Or what about AFC Wimbledon?

GlasgowGooner

The quality of oppostion in Scotland is a joke, the other ten teams would stuggle to stay in the football leagues and im not joking.

A

Anonymous

The Fly said:
GlasgowGooner said:
In the last two years i have watched Celtic being played off the park by Blackburn,Liverpool,Valencia,Barcelona,Villareall all at Parkhead to name but a few, their sheer physical strength has bailed them out on a few of these occasions.

Celtic also played Blackburn off the park at Ewood park, 2-0 flattered them, played Liverpool off the park at Anfield, Canizares made a few stunning saves to keep Valencia in the tie and they won through on penalties, we were very poor against Villarreal in both games and the deserving team went through.

Aston Villa better than Celtic - I'll crack the jokes :lol:

Well done on a good season btw, Arsenal have been a joy to watch.

A picture of that cheating bastard Sutton is not welcome on an Arsenal board.

And Celtic fans make me laugh - you think you are so much better than you are, but look at your players - Hartson, Sutton, Lennon, Thompson, Varga etc - all were very very average players in England but look like world beaters in Scotland. You are small fry mate, mid table at best here.

GlasgowGooner

Even the most honest Celtic fan will admit you were very lucky to get through agaisnt Barca, you couldnt beat us at Parkhead since we are also a very physical side and wont get bullied off the ball like other teams have most notably Rangers, your defence which is continously exposed in Europe up agaisnt Henry? Hah i dont think so. Neil Lennon and Vieria in the midfield? Theirs only one winner their im afraid.

"Celtic have beat Ajax,Barca,Valencia,Lyon,Anderlecht,Porto,Juventus"

The Ajax side was not a patch on what it is now i mean Arveladze was their main striker at the time, same goes for Porto who weren't the same team. Juve played their second string that night so thats no suprise, beating Anderlecht isnt an acheivement. Barca,Valencia and Lyon were good wins however.

JazzG

Established Member
kev1916 said:
We Beat Barcelona-that standard is pish eh

we could beat you at parkhead
highbury would be hard,dont overrate yourself

Celtic have beat Ajax,Barca,Valencia,Lyon,Anderlecht,Porto,Juventus

When you get to an european final recently
slag my team if not fcuk off

Celta Vigo beat Barca as well, does that make them great?

You got to the final of a 2nd rate competition, well done. We were in the final of that a few years ago, you won't see a single gooner mention it because that competition is full of crap teams.

Not saying Celtic is a bad side but they aren't that great either.

A

Anonymous

kev1916 said:
We Beat Barcelona-that standard is pish eh

we could beat you at parkhead
highbury would be hard,dont overrate yourself

Celtic have beat Ajax,Barca,Valencia,Lyon,Anderlecht,Porto,Juventus

When you get to an european final recently
slag my team if not fcuk off

Celtic fans - dont you just love em?!

You really do live in your own little world dont you!
You are a second rate team with second rate players, with one of the most over rated managers ever.

What half decent player with any ambition is ever going to play for Celtic? Answer - Nobody.

torgrim

And as soon Henke Larsson leaves you, you'll fade back into the obscurity that is SPL. I was gonna say something about Glasgow, but you've probably heard it all.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom